KCKCCdebate

KS National Warmup Tournament

Consider this my pre-disclosure:

I will be reading two different affs at this warm-up.

The first will be my Cyborgs - DADT Aff. Most people seem to have heard of it and its the same one we've been reading all year but if you need an outline, hit me up. Essentially my claim is that queer service is desirable because it allows us to recognize the falsity of the natural/unnatural distinction.

The second aff I'll be breaking is new. I will utilize Georges Bataille (and subsequent authors) to indicate that violence is not intrinsically bad but rather that these confrontations with violence allows for erotic transgression. I will probably defend something really violent in the plan.

Neither of these Affs have "Advantages" as such.

Eseentially, get your framework blocks ready, Kansas.

The second aff I'll be breaking is new. I will utilize Georges Bataille (and subsequent authors) to indicate that violence is not intrinsically bad but rather that these confrontations with violence allows for erotic transgression. I will probably defend something really violent in the plan.

I may want to talk to you about this Bataille aff sometime.

HAHAHAHA THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK!!!

Uhhh, so by some odd streak of luck we are going to nationals. Found out today. Hopefully we will be there.

We have decided to do 2 rounds on Friday afternoon/evening.

3 More on Saturday followed by lunch on us.

During the lunch we will recognize every team in attendance and provide them with a plaque.

After lunch we may have a couple of Semi-Final Rounds and Final showcase round.

We are excited about the attendance.

chief

I'm looking forward to this. Should anyone else want to disclose, that'd be cool. If not, I guess that's cool too but I'll probably make fun of you online and/or in person.

I'm looking forward to this. Should anyone else want to disclose, that'd be cool. If not, I guess that's cool too but I'll probably make fun of you online and/or in person.

Everyone pretty much knows what we run, especially you...

If anyone has any more specific questions, feel free to PM alex or i or e-mail: myanik(at)gmail(dot)com

are observers cool with everybody?

I might stop by and see if I am still capable of flowing

Consider this my pre-disclosure:

I will be reading two different affs at this warm-up.

The first will be my Cyborgs - DADT Aff. Most people seem to have heard of it and its the same one we've been reading all year but if you need an outline, hit me up. Essentially my claim is that queer service is desirable because it allows us to recognize the falsity of the natural/unnatural distinction.

Neither of these Affs have "Advantages" as such.

Bataille.....thats original.

• Downvote 1

Just so Cook doesnt fell alone Elliott and I will be running the same thing we have all year DADT the Fasching version... we hope to get some really good rounds against it before nats that way we can revamp and get prepared for the whole thing i wont post any type of flow here but if u would like one pm and ill see what i can do.....

Is anyone like doing the whole suit thing here because if they are all going to just be the college crowd i dont see the need to look tooo fancy

Just so Cook doesnt fell alone Elliott and I will be running the same thing we have all year DADT the Fasching version... we hope to get some really good rounds against it before nats that way we can revamp and get prepared for the whole thing i wont post any type of flow here but if u would like one pm and ill see what i can do.....

Is anyone like doing the whole suit thing here because if they are all going to just be the college crowd i dont see the need to look tooo fancy

Here's the flow you need for this.

1ac-2nr - its pretty much irrelevant

2ar - extend the fasching (in 93?) evidence that is spectacular on the poin that we must embrace the other or we meet the impending extinction. also extend the warrants from the 1ar that go dropped that say the military is the starting point for eliminating homophobia in society.

This is what was sent to coaches this evening. David Williams--your email bounced back to me. Please email me and let me know you received this!

Greetings everyone:

I hope this finds you all doing well as the semester begins to wind down.

I wanted to give you some information regarding the Warm-up Tournament May 11-12th on the KCKCC Campus. If any of the information below for teams participating is incorrect, please let me know. If you did not reserve a spot but would like to bring your team, please let me know--there is still room! Below is a list of those participating followed by a schedule and information in terms of directions, hotels, etc. I encourage you to encourage your students to come watch debates, flow rounds, and participate in the revelry. Who knows, it may be the inspiration they need to work hard next year!

We look forward to seeing you all in KC in a couple weeks.

Darren Elliott

Director of Debate/Forensics-Head Coach

Kansas City Kansas Community College

Teams Entered:

Hutchinson--Emily Graham and Rachel shannon

Hutchinson--Andrew Allsup and Trevor Curiel

Manhattan--Helen Bolton/Andrew Jack

Manhattan--Tim Ellis/Pat Lin

Ark City--Cassidy Crabtree/Katelyn Kuecker

Emporia--Alex Bonnet debating with John Cook--Winfield

Salina Central--Sarah Shier and Allison Stuewe

Campus-- Brian Box/Adam Cortelyou

Winfield--John Cook debating with Alex Bonnet--Emporia

Shawnee Mission West--Sarah Weiner and Andrew Baker

Newton-- Tim Jeffries/Eliott Dickinson

Newton-- Ashley Adkins/Philip Bradshaw

Andover Central--Eric Benedict debating maverick

Lawrence--Brandon Schwager/Shane Billig

Shawnee Mission East—Danny Mapes debating maverick

Shawnee Mission East—Michael Owens and Matt Summers

Schedule:

Friday May 11th

2:30-3:00pm: Registration and Opening Remarks Upper Level Jewell Building

3:30pm: Round 1

5:30pm: Round 2

Saturday May 12th

8am: Breakfast served on campus Humanities Bldg. Room 2110

8:30am: Round 3

10:15am: Round 4

12:00pm: Round 5

2pm: Lunch served on campus Upper Level Jewell Building

Recognition Assembly with all participants receiving recognition

and plaques.

3:30pm: Semi-Final Round

5:30pm: Final Round

Dear Colleagues:

On behalf of Kansas City Kansas Community College, Blue Devil Debate, the Dean of

the Humanities and Fine Arts Division, and the KCKCC Board of Trustees, it is my pleasure to invite you and your students to the 1st KS High School National Warmup Tournament on the campus of Kansas City Kansas Community College. The tournament will be held Friday May 11th and Saturday May 12th on the KCKCC campus in Kansas City, Kansas. Registration for the tournament will be on Friday at the college. In this invitation you will find the necessary hotel information, schedule, and information. Please call for your rooms now as rooms in KC are hard to come by.

If you have any questions regarding the tournament, please do not hesitate

to call or email. We look forward to hosting you on our campus in a couple weeks.

Sincerely,

Darren Elliott

Director of Debate and Forensics/Head Coach

(913)288-7295 -- office

(316)214-9502 * cell

delliott at kckcc.edu

TIME LIMITS: Time limits will be 8-3-5 with 8 minutes of prep time per

team.

JUDGING: The tournament will provide competent, qualified judges, who will render decisions and be encouraged to deliver oral critiques in order to help students prepare for the National Tournament. Some rounds may be paneled in prelims. If you are coming with your team or are bringing judges who would like to be in the pool, please let me know their names and rounds they are available as soon as possible.

FEES: NOT AT THIS TOURNAMENT! : )

We will provide Breakfast on Saturday as well as lunch. We will provide drinks and snacks throughout the weekend.

SMOKING: Please do not smoke inside buildings on the KCKCC

campus. Smoking areas and containers for cigarettes are located

outside throughout the campus.

TEAMS: Teams should be comprised of only those debaters who have qualified to the NFL or CFL National Tournaments in May/June 2007. Teams may be comprised of debaters from 2 different schools as long as both have qualified to Nationals. Mavericks will be allowed to participate if their partners are unable to attend the tournament.

AWARDS: We will provide a plaque to every team participating in the tournament. The plaque will congratulate them on their advancement to the National Tournament. We will also provide additional awards for those teams making it to the Semi-Finals.

HOTEL INFO: There are a number of hotels near the campus.

The Microtel is within 3-5 minutes of campus. The hotel is located right off of I70 and 78th St exit in Kansas City (Exit #414).

Ask for "kckcc debate rate" to get the tournament rate. If you have problems, ask for Max and let him know what you are coming in town for. Give him my name and mention KCKCC Debate. He will usually be able to offer a discounted rate.

Comfort Inn and Suites is across I-70 from the Microtel.

234 N. 78th St. , Kansas City, KS, US, 66112-2902

Phone: (913) 299-5555 Fax: (913) 299-5505

Holiday Inn Express at The Legends at Village West

1931 PRAIRIE CROSSING/PARALLEL

KANSAS CITY, KS 66111,

913-328-1024

DIRECTIONS:

If you are driving from the East: Take I70

through Kansas City, MO and into Kansas City, KS. You will see signs for

KCKCC just before the turn off for the campus. You want to take the Turner

Diagonal/Highway 40 Exit. Stay to the right onto Highway 40. Stay on

until State Avenue. Turn left onto State and at the first right, which is

College Blvd., turn right into the college. Follow the road around (please

don't hit our ducks) until you see the Humanities building on your

right. Park anywhere you can find a space in front of Humanities. Enter

the Humanities building and follow the signs to the Upper Level Jewell. You can also park in front of Jewell Bldg. and you will be on the correct level.

If you are driving from the West: Take I70 to

Kansas City and take the Highway 40 exit. You will be driving under the

Turner Diagonal then rounding back on to it heading North. When you come

to State Avenue turn left. The entrance to KCKCC will be on your immediate

right at College Blvd. Once turning on to College Blvd. follow the road

around (please don't hit our ducks) until you see the Humanities building

on your right. Park anywhere you can find a space in front of

Humanities. Enter the Humanities building and follow the signs to the Upper Level Jewell. You can also park in front of Jewell Bldg. and you will be on the correct level.

If you are coming from the North or South: Take

I35 until you reach I70. Take I70 and follow the set of directions

listed above.

PARKING: You will not be ticketed by parking in the lot in front of

Humanities Friday or Saturday unless you park in a Handicapped or

Reserved stall. All unmarked and Visitor stalls are fine to park in. You

also need to park head-in to avoid being ticketed.

STATE LAW: All tournament participants, coaches and judges are expected to

adhere to the laws of the State of Kansas. Alcohol and illegal substance

consumption on campus is strictly prohibited by these laws and will result

in removal from the tournament.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to call or

email me. We hope to see you in a couple weeks in Kansas City.

Darren Elliott

Director of Debate and Forensics/Head Coach

KCKCC

7250 State Avenue

Kansas City, KS 66112

delliott at kckcc.edu

(913)288-7295 office

(913)288-7638 fax

(316)214-9502 cell