3rd Andrew Allsup Hutchinson

4th Mark Wilkins Washburn Rural

5th Helen Bolton Manhattan

6th Michelle Hammer Blue Valley North

7th Peter Ebeling Topeka

8th Mary Yanik Emporia

9th Chris Sevedge St. Thomas Aquinas

10th Jeff Kaplan Blue Valley North

Thanks to all of the DCI teams for making this a great activity and for making DCI a greaat tournament. For only the second time in 26 years, a team has repeated as DCI champions -- well done, Alex and Jesi. For the first time ever, someone has repeated as top speaker. Again, hats off to Alex.

Good luck to everyone at regionals and state.

Burgett

Thanks to all of the DCI teams for making this a great activity and for making DCI a greaat tournament. For only the second time in 26 years, a team has repeated as DCI champions -- well done, Alex and Jesi. For the first time ever, someone has repeated as top speaker. Again, hats off to Alex.

Major Props to Alex and Jesi, state had better watch out.

I'd just like to comment on how tough and good a tournament DCI is. I have debated in a couple nat'l circuit tournaments this season, and think that DCI is very comparable- excellent judging pool, more excellent teams, great rounds (fairly quick postings of rounds, too) and good people.

Thanks Burgett.

Jeff Kaplan

And that's two years in a row with Flint Hills having four in the top 10 - congratulations to Jesi and Alex

I just want to thank all the coaches, judges, and teams that made DCI such a great tournament this year. I had a lot of fun, learned a lot, and made some good friends. Also, thanks to WaRu for hosting the tournament and providing such a good lunch for us all. This tournament definately made all of our hard work this year worth it. Once again thanks to everyone involved in making DCI possible, I look forward to hopefully being a part of it again next year.

As a side note; congrats to Jesi and Alex on their accomplishments two years in a row at DCI. You all gave us our most fun round we've had this year at DCI. So thanks and congratulations.

Andrew Allsup

• Downvote 1

tom and i enjoyed dci, too. thanks not only to the obvious people, like mccomas for reminding us to check CX frequently and burgett for hosting the tournament and dubois for taking us there and dancing for us when we got bored and the people that made the food for ... making the food [apparently this includes mr. anderson?] but also to the coaches that let us attend and enjoy a weekend of the best competition we've ever had. we thought every single round was really close [of course, we're cocky, so that means the rounds we lost we thought we had a chance of winning, which is probably indicative of that thought] except when our good friends from emporia kicked our asses rd. 7.

we also enjoyed talking to some teams we've hit repeatedly and others we've never had the chance to hit, even if we had to give up politics-cutting time to eat lunch with them...:P

seriously though this tournament reminded me of everything i have ever liked about debating: the rounds were close, the people were entertaining, and the squad bonding.. ha, who am i kidding. the rounds and people were great. alex and jesi, congratulations. hopefully we catch that game next winter between durham and DC.

tom and i enjoyed dci, too. thanks not only to the obvious people, like mccomas for reminding us to check CX frequently and burgett for hosting the tournament and dubois for taking us there and dancing for us when we got bored and the people that made the food for ... making the food [apparently this includes mr. anderson?] but also to the coaches that let us attend and enjoy a weekend of the best competition we've ever had. we thought every single round was really close [of course, we're cocky, so that means the rounds we lost we thought we had a chance of winning, which is probably indicative of that thought] except when our good friends from emporia kicked our asses rd. 7.

we also enjoyed talking to some teams we've hit repeatedly and others we've never had the chance to hit, even if we had to give up politics-cutting time to eat lunch with them...:P

seriously though this tournament reminded me of everything i have ever liked about debating: the rounds were close, the people were entertaining, and the squad bonding.. ha, who am i kidding. the rounds and people were great. alex and jesi, congratulations. hopefully we catch that game next winter between durham and DC.

mr. sevedge what are you doing awake at 3:09 in the morning?

btw chris you gave us another great round. altho terrorism isnt a threat ;)

except when our good friends from emporia kicked our asses rd. 7.

Actually could I get the cites on some of the cards you read? Normal when people try to indict Zizek's method it's kind of hard to beat the cards with more Zizek cards so I usually try to find another author to say that the critic is a dumbass. So yeah those cites would be good (except for the Andrew Robinson evidence we have evidence answering Robinson I just misplaced it).