Sign in to follow this  
jgoodson

Those Mysterious FoCo Kids!

Hey, everybody! My name is Joel Goodson, and I'm attending Fossil Ridge High School after moving here from Austin, TX. I debated all throughout high school, and I'm looking forward to the wonderful world of CX debate as a junior. I'm super psyched to be diving right back into debate, and this should be a fun year! However, one thing is troubling me. Before I left for Fort Collins, my teammates and coaches gave me a somewhat ominous warning about "those Fort Collins kids," specifically the teams from Fort Collins High School. So, that got me thinking: who are these guys? What do they look like? What do they run? What should I look out for? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Take care,

Joel G.

• Downvote 1

Are you familiar with CHSAA? If not, you should become acquainted. FoCO doesnt do anything too weird. They run ks, other people also run ks. In the past they have been known to at times read critical affs. Nothing that you should be too scared about. To the issue of how you would know if your debating FoCO, if one of the debaters on the other team has a ridiculously long last name that starts with Jay, then you're debating FoCo. Welcome to Colorado! Come to the George Washington-Cherry Creek tournament at GW on Jan. 19!

• Downvote 1

Before I left for Fort Collins, my teammates and coaches gave me a somewhat ominous warning about "those Fort Collins kids," specifically the teams from Fort Collins High School. So, that got me thinking: who are these guys? What do they look like? What do they run? What should I look out for? Any info is greatly appreciated!

hahaha you sound like you're trying to assassinate someone...

• Downvote 1

Hello Joel, I welcome you to Fort Collins. It is a shame that you have to go to the Fridge, but that is besides the point. I don't really know why you were warned by your coaches about the mysterious "FoCo" kids. We are fairly normal. The only thing that I can think of is that a couple of seniors last year used a nihilism case when they were out of state last year. Other than that, we run topical cases. There is really nothing to worry about, and I hope you come out for the team this/next year. Our two varsity teams are made up of juniors and one sophomore, so you can debate with kids your own age. I look like a sexy beast, by the way. Jay looks Indian, and the other two look like white males.

Alex Fenn

P.S. jormarber, the name is Jayasumana. And the other names are Fenn, Carney and Reid, so nothing two weird.

Welcome to Colorado!

I'd like to echo the point Jordan (Bernhardt, aka jormarber) made. If you've debated in other parts of the country, particularly Texas, you should get acquainted with CHSAA. The thread in this forum is a good place to start: many Colorado judges appreciate stock issues debate, and we have quirks like 4 minute rebuttals, etc. The GW tournament on Jan 19 will be conducted in a more liberal style -- look at the GW vs. FoCo thread in the tourneys subforum if you're interested. It sounds like it'll be a high quality meet (we unfortunately won't be competing, as our league tournament is that weekend).

hahaha you sound like you're trying to assassinate someone...
Speaking of assassination attempts: I'm still waiting for our good friend Spaff...
  • Downvote 1

what sachool did you debate for in texas? what experience do you have, its nice to get some fresh faces in this backwater state.

will

• Downvote 1

Hello Joel, I welcome you to Fort Collins. It is a shame that you have to go to the Fridge, but that is besides the point. I don't really know why you were warned by your coaches about the mysterious "FoCo" kids. We are fairly normal. The only thing that I can think of is that a couple of seniors last year used a nihilism case when they were out of state last year. Other than that, we run topical cases. There is really nothing to worry about, and I hope you come out for the team this/next year. Our two varsity teams are made up of juniors and one sophomore, so you can debate with kids your own age. I look like a sexy beast, by the way. Jay looks Indian, and the other two look like white males.

Alex Fenn

P.S. jormarber, the name is Jayasumana. And the other names are Fenn, Carney and Reid, so nothing two weird.

Don't listen to this kid. I don't know who the hell he is. I don't think he even goes to collins.

• Downvote 1

Don't listen to this kid. I don't know who the hell he is. I don't think he even goes to collins.

Wow. You don't know that I'm your partner?

Haha yes he does...I know that, and I go to Greeley Central, not Collins...

• Downvote 1

To answer Will's question, I went to Guadalupe High School in Southern Austin.

Anyway, I called my buds in Austin last night, and they told me about how one of the FoCo teams could be, how should I say this..."friendly" with each other. Not like it matters or anything, but I was wondering if this would be an appropriate subject to bring up?

Take care,

Joel G.

Anyway, I called my buds in Austin last night, and they told me about how one of the FoCo teams could be, how should I say this..."friendly" with each other. Not like it matters or anything, but I was wondering if this would be an appropriate subject to bring up?

Take care,

Joel G.

Which team were they talking about?

they told me about how one of the FoCo teams could be, how should I say this..."friendly" with each other.

That would definitely be Rocky..

i think we have like 4 intra-team couples..and we've had a few inter-team couples too...

we are definitely the whores.

Hey, everybody! My name is Joel Goodson, and I'm attending Fossil Ridge High School after moving here from Austin, TX. I debated all throughout high school, and I'm looking forward to the wonderful world of CX debate as a junior. I'm super psyched to be diving right back into debate, and this should be a fun year! However, one thing is troubling me. Before I left for Fort Collins, my teammates and coaches gave me a somewhat ominous warning about "those Fort Collins kids," specifically the teams from Fort Collins High School. So, that got me thinking: who are these guys? What do they look like? What do they run? What should I look out for? Any info is greatly appreciated!

Take care,

Joel G.

does fossil ridge even have a team!? i dont think they do..

in fact, i'd bet money that they don't...

Glad to meet you Joel,

What kind of debate predominated in texas? stocks, policy, k? here we get a smattering of everything, stocks form the usual parents and then policy from the good judges. anyway, we would love to help you out if you have questions or anything, need help, want a team to debate with if Fossil Ridge doesnt have one.

will

Damn those FoCo kids, they are cheap... and that Jay********** kid is fast as hell.

What is this cheapness you speak of? I know nothing of the sort.

Take care,

Joel G.

Sure, we are friends, but not what you seem to suggest...In fact, I really don't know what you are suggesting. Care to elaborate, because, truthfully, I'm kind of confused as to what you mean.

• Downvote 1

As per Mickey, I think that the Fossil Ridge debaters were probably referring to Rocky Mountain, a Fort Collins high school, not Fort Collins High School itself.

I agree. Everyone knows Rocky has all the "whores" as Mickey said.

Take care,

Joel G.

Actually, I'm not sure about this. But I think Reid and Carney (Alex and Scott) are in a relationship. They seem to be on and off, because the last time i checked they weren't talking to eachother

Actually, I'm not sure about this. But I think Reid and Carney (Alex and Scott) are in a relationship. They seem to be on and off, because the last time i checked they weren't talking to eachother

Really?! Wow...I didn't know that...

Dear J Goodson.

There are eight teams at Collins and they are all bumfucking insane.

First you've got the two that are dating. Reid and Carney I think.??? ANyways Reid is as fast as shit and looks like he knows what the fuck he's talking about . Carney is quiet when he's tearing apart your case. If you run against them you should prolly panic and fake AIDS or something.

Then there's fenn and J. Or if you prefer "Channuka and Buddha"

Ther're fucking crazy. THey're in love with bs PTIX args. I mean we ran against them one time and they fed us some bullshit about NASA and we got reamed. We had no chance. I hate them.

THen you have the Novices.

Theres this one team called Joeris and someone else. I never went against them but I heard the ran some bs rights mauthist arg. they said that we need nuke war or something. Crazy motherfuckers go for T and PTIX.

THe other novice team isn't htat good. You've got the admiral and the bomb;. For these guys you go by nicknames

The admiral is a quiet guy who seems pretty sane. Judges like him because his partner is a total asshole.

THe bomb: If you run against this guy be afraid. He's some socio anarchist guy who prolly just got out of gitmo for supporting Hezbullah. Apparently he sings in round if the round isn't close and screams a lot. He doesn't sound that good I'm just afraid of getting stabbed.

ANyways those guys are crazy. You've heard well