TempusMoriendi

Screaming and Speedreading.

Ok. What do you do when the Affirmative or negative is like screaming and slurring, moaning, and like shaking because they are reading so fast and they even repeat words five times in a row (I swear to God) because they are reading so fast? I mean, it's wierd, I'm glad I don't have an audience, because it would terrify some lay spectators. Hell, it even creeps me out when I cross-x them. I don't mind a ton of arguments, but when I can't even bloody flow because they are like spitting, I think there's a problem. What do you guys think of the State Counterplan and Executive order and courts that just take the agent of action and claim all the advantages that these guys run, and then drop all the other 20 arguments?

move this thread.

and those teams are probably gonna speed the same amount of answers in the 2ac, especially if you run a generic and predictable counterplan.

states, exec, and court order cp's can always be fun if they work well. but one of the bad things about this being generic to alot of cases is that alot of cases have blocked some really good answers for them so you gotta be ready to answer and extend alot in the 2nc/1nr or w/e.

Ok. What do you do when the Affirmative or negative is like screaming and slurring, moaning, and like shaking because they are reading so fast and they even repeat words five times in a row (I swear to God) because they are reading so fast? I mean, it's wierd, I'm glad I don't have an audience, because it would terrify some lay spectators. Hell, it even creeps me out when I cross-x them. I don't mind a ton of arguments, but when I can't even bloody flow because they are like spitting, I think there's a problem. What do you guys think of the State Counterplan and Executive order and courts that just take the agent of action and claim all the advantages that these guys run, and then drop all the other 20 arguments?

1) The other team is rabid - spitting is a sign.

2) Rabid animals --> extinction.

3) Alternative - reject

Nuff` said.

• Upvote 1

im guessing that if you cant flow, neither can the judge

Look at any of TempusMoriendi's other threads. It's just that s/he can't flow. Has nothing to do with the other debaters or the judges.

Also, agent/states CP's are good for debate. If the aff has no reason that their agent is the best way to solve, then the neg should probably win if they figure out a better way to do the case. Opportunity-cost theory, dude....

At this point you have three options:

A) Learn to flow

B) Lose a lot

C) Get out of Dodge.

• Downvote 1

Justin, I have done nothing to you and you personnally attack me. You have no right to make a statement like that. Does it make you feel good to belittle someone on the internet? WHy are you looking at all of my threads? That's pretty weird. Good luck trying to flow someone who is shaking and repeating words 5 times in a row and who doesn't mention their service program until 5 minutes into their speech. Oh, and by the way, the judge couldn't flow either. So back off.

• Downvote 1

Good luck trying to flow someone who is shaking and repeating words 5 times in a row and who doesn't mention their service program until 5 minutes into their speech.

Wouldn't the repetition make it easier to flow?

Aside from that, pick up the pages of the 1AC as they finish reading it and then write down the info you need. Some rounds your judge will be able to flow teams that utilize "rapid fire delivery".

IN terms of a PIC to make their case irrrelevant, more than likely they have cards in the case they use as leverage against those positions, so it pays to know what they are claiming (Deference for instance). And in a world of the states / agent Cp you still need to win a DA or solvency deficit. Seems like the 2A might also utilize rapid fire so only running a couple args. would give them an advantage.

And in a world where the judge is not flowing, then just make a few good args, explain how you could not understand large portions of the 1AC, and ask for leeway in answering future arguments. If the judge did not flow then you should be in good shape. I assume since the judge did not flow you picked up that round.

WHy are you looking at all of my threads? That's pretty weird.

Debaters research. Thats what we do, so it can't be a shocker. You should feel special someone is looking at your threads and be able to defend your previous posts. I think the reason he responded may have had something to do with the negative tone of your original post. I know when I hear my novices complaining about not being able to "flow" a particular speech, I tell them there is no excuse and they should be sitting so they can read the AC / NC as the other team "flips" their pages.

All that aside ... be nice Justin. Bad Justin :S:

Opportunity-cost theory, dude....
States CPs and agent CPs are not (in most instances) true opportunity costs...

And I wouldn't be calling others out on their flowing skills, if I were you. I hear the kind of speakers the original poster described all the time. You wouldn't be able to flow them either (and I can prove it)...

For the record, the reason that I've seen a lot of this dude's posts is that I'm on Cross-X a lot and see new threads.

The reason that I'm having a hard time believing that his opponents were actually unflowable is because of previous posts like this one:

This one team was reading their case and it started with their advatnages and they were reading and I couldn't understand a single word of what the hell they werer saying, and the judge still was able to flow; I thought it was service learning 6 minutes into the constructive until they finally mentioned Americorps.
Bold mine.

I have nothing personal against him/her, but I am sort of tired of people complaining about "TEH FASZST DEBATEZORS."

EDIT: And I was kinda in a bad mood the other day, sorry if I came across as attack-y. However, time and effort put into improving flow skills, improving spread-comprehension, and the like would all help. And, I guess there's a chance that the opponents were actually unflowable, and in that case, I'm sure the judge would be sympathetic.

If the judge can flow them you are resonsible for being able to flow them.

This is somewhat unfair because often judges are signifigantly more experienced when it comes to debate (not all but most judges at good tournaments) and thus are more likely to be adept at flowing.

However, there are some okay reasons why speed reading is bad that you can make if you like (they are perhaps winnable). For example, they destroy the persuasive aspect of debate, hurt education (because you can't understand them), are not real world, and exclude normal people from debate (people who have no extensivly trained to speak quickly).

Hi texan piece of shit, i hope you choke on your daddy's dick.

i guess this means i got pwnd.

• Upvote 1

turn:

rabid animals --> competition --> survival of the fittest

Double turn

Survival of the fittest is what was preached in Germany. Lead to holocaust. Genocide moral imparative.

• Upvote 1

Double turn

Survival of the fittest is what was preached in Germany. Lead to holocaust. Genocide moral imparative.

That's not a double turn. A double turn does not mean "I will turn your turn" it means "I will turn your argument simultaneously twice...which is bad becuase it makes your argument valid just in a different way then before." For example, double turning would be link and impact turning a DA at the same time. So you'd prove you solve the link...and that the impact is good...so you prevent something good from happening (ergo causing something bad).

that means whenever you criticize tempusmoriendi or say he's wrong, he gets pissy and neg reps you.

Wow... you just reported me for confronting your homoness... and you accuse me of such things. Hahaha hypocrisy is worse than ignorance you fat boy.

• Downvote 1

I'm starting to smell a gimmick account. Anyone else?

I mean, people aren't actually this silly in real life, right? TEMPUS MORIENDI, EXPOSE YOUR TRUE IDENTITY!!!!!

AND PLEASE STOP USING TERMS LIKE 'GAY' AS AN INSULT. IT MAKES YOU LOOK TRASHY AND IGNORANT. NOT THAT YOU WERE VIEWED AS ERUDITE BEFOREHAND. STILL, IT'S NOT HELPING YOUR CASE.

Sorry, I'll turn off caps lock now.

EDIT:

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to TempusMoriendi again.

heh.

I think this thread is becoming way to personal...everyone is entitled to their own assumptions and opinions, but that does not excuse personal attacks, so let's just keep it clean (until the debate round at least).

• Upvote 1

I'm starting to smell a gimmick account. Anyone else?

I mean, people aren't actually this silly in real life, right? TEMPUS MORIENDI, EXPOSE YOUR TRUE IDENTITY!!!!!

AND PLEASE STOP USING TERMS LIKE 'GAY' AS AN INSULT. IT MAKES YOU LOOK TRASHY AND IGNORANT. NOT THAT YOU WERE VIEWED AS ERUDITE BEFOREHAND. STILL, IT'S NOT HELPING YOUR CASE.

Sorry, I'll turn off caps lock now.

EDIT:

You're a character assassin. I have done nothing to you and you personally attack me. Gay? You call that bad? You pm me swear words and accuse me of doing it, and your lackey valentine reports me and says I am a "taddle tale" when I spread negative reputation about character assassins such as valentino. You're taking out your anger over the internet. You're so powerful. I am shaking in my boots, you admitted it yourself in your previous post (I hope to God you have not retreated into your cowardice already and edited that post) that you were mad and taking your anger out at me. So, begone. I was not even talking to you, only Valentine, and you found a way to insult me. Perhaps you did not know, but Valentine has been stalking every thread I have ever made and every post and he tries to contradict everything I say. He does it even when he privately argrees with me, and he has argued as such. Only comment when you have knowledge. Stop trying to belittle an innocent poster, demon.

Homo does not mean gay. Homo means man in laitn, in the singular nominative case. I was applying the voactive case, addressing valentino directly. You are again taking my words out of context and distorting definitions.

yeah false accusations and the use of ad homs are generally signs of latent homosexuality

Synergy, I have resorted to ad hominem attacks because I am isolated and left with no other option. Valentine and this Texan have thwarted any attempts to life in Peace, and I am forced to resort to these means. I have done nothing, I addressed what he said. Valentino just said I spread negative reputation. However, I have a reason for giving it to him. He should not be crying on the forum over it. Maybe he should respond to negative reputation in a postitive manner by working on it.

Again, I did not insult him. I am found of Latin phrases. My Username on this server is even in Latin. I have had my intentions distored. I address him respectively and he reports me? Look above for my grammatical explanation. I have nothing against homosexuals. I think they are great people. The idea that Valentino is distorting what I am saying warrants negative reputation, same with the Texan.