Sign in to follow this  
actr1

COAST GUARD NEG.

since everyone and there mom grandma dog sisters uncles an aunts is running this case what is the best way to beat it with stock issues and disads i am a uil debator and wher can i find good adanteages ro disads

There are some real good neg files from SDI 5-wk and DDI that you could use. The integrate the navy CP seems viable. I put together a spending trade-off DA for the coast guard. The neg files also have DAs. Find those. You can download them from the thread in Evidence Trading called Camp Files. Go to page 5. It is post 118 or 119. There are plenty of camps to download. Hope that helps.

since when did CP's and K's become stock issues, anyways, China relations is good disad, and their harms cards blow, they all come from march of '06 when the dubai ports deal was about to happen...plus there is some good solvency arg. in michigan seven week....

offshore balancing cp with non-violence k would work pretty good

1) to my knowledge offshore balancing doesn't really apply to the coast guard.

2) non-violence doesn't apply to the coast guard... they're not violent (at least insofar as I've read).

--

As far as going neg on it in UIL:

t - armed forces as a timesuck, make it look like a big issue

turn their heg advantage... IMO the heg bad lit has much better warrants. Chomsky writes some great stuff on power projection causing prolif esp. in iran and noko.

minor repair if you've got the type of judge that'll listen to it.

then just go for straight case, especially solvency... there is no way they can really access their impacts.

offshore balancing, bring soldiers in iraq home, put them in coast guard to defend ports, this is ending the war in iraq meaning the non-vio K would be the net benefit

since everyone and there mom grandma dog sisters uncles an aunts is running this case what is the best way to beat it with stock issues and disads i am a uil debator and wher can i find good adanteages ro disads

Substantially T maybe..?

Nuke Sub Trade-Off D/A

Ice Breakers Trade-Off D/A

Technology is K Solv. Turns

More People Won't Solve, Solvency Takeout

Terrorism Ad. Takeouts

Solid Debate

Substantially T maybe..?

Nuke Sub Trade-Off D/A

Terrorism Ad. Takeouts

Solid Debate

i like these args plus the hedge turn where can i get the evidence

i like these args plus the hedge turn where can i get the evidence

SDI 5 Week Put Out Nuke Sub-Trade Off

rs 221 Coast Gaurd Neg Wave 2 put out by DDI has good Terrorism Advantage Takeouts and Turns

SDI 5 Week Coast Guard Neg has good Solvency Turns

I have a icebreakers trade-off d/a if you want

I heard Nuke subs past, is this true?

Like, they aren't being used? if this is your question, it isnt true, we are still using them, and plan to keep using them

No, the concept of the DA is that troop spending will take the place of Nuke subs, becuase they are on the chopping block, but I heard they were no longer going to be cut....

No, the concept of the DA is that troop spending will take the place of Nuke subs, becuase they are on the chopping block, but I heard they were no longer going to be cut....

its actually a decent DA,kinda of like the NMD DA as a net ben for the funding pick on end-str.

well i've never heard it run as nuke subs good... i've heard it run as, counterplan, no new funding (so funding must come for other places) there are loads of cards that say funding will come out of the nuke sub program... nuke subs bad

I think the counterplan was to take funding from nuke subs, with nuke subs bad and possibly spending as NBs. Of course that would only be viable against cases that designate new spending.

The SDI 5 week is set up as heg scen. with subs key to heg.......and I thought they approved funding for the subs, and that they are no longer on the choping block....

Stock Issues?

T - Increase The Coast Guard has an end strength of like 45k now, but only 40k serving

Inherency - funding and participation have been increasing every year since 2001

Solvency - Depends on their advantages but their are some good specific solvency take outs for advantages like port security.

The SDI 5 week is set up as heg scen. with subs key to heg.......and I thought they approved funding for the subs, and that they are no longer on the choping block....

you probably want a source on that.

but even if it's true, it's at best only a brink mitigation.

Substantially T maybe..?

Nuke Sub Trade-Off D/A

Terrorism Ad. Takeouts

Solid Debate

Just to let you know, the nuke subs trade-off DA doesn't really link. The budget for the nuke subs is under the DoD. The coast guard is under DHS. That is why I wrote the icebreakers trade-off DA. I like trade-off DAs alot, but the ones I had (F-22 and nuke subs) only linked to typical military cases. So, I wrote the icebreakers DA so that is could link to other cases, specifically Coast Guard. It can also link to fire corps, i think maybe citizen corps, but anything that is under the Department of Homeland Security. In the file, there is a card that says the DHS budget is zero sum. If you run this DA against a case other than that of CG, put this card in as the link. Say the plan has to spend money, or put in a spending link card that you have, and leave the U and Impacts the same. But, you can't really run both Nuke Subs and Icebreakers against Coast Guard. Unless of course, the aff says that the CG is under the DoD in wartime. (I had this happen to my novices, they ran icebreakers in the 1NC, in CX the aff said that the CG was under DoD in wartime, then in the 2NC they ran Nuke subs and the aff was effectively screwed.)

but doesn't that just provide you room to cop out of DA's and doesn't that just royally link to the T of DHS doesn't constitute Armed Forces, since they are ran by the DOD?

I am not aff, I don't run coast guard. I am talking about when I am neg against coast guard. The fact of the matter is that you have really good DAs that the aff cant get out of.

Sign in to follow this