Sign in to follow this  
caffeineprincess

Williams/Creekview

Could someone who has access to it please post a list of the specific teams attending the Williams High School tournament in VCX. It would be much appreciated.

I tried contacting the tournament director a few days ago through e-mail, but have not received a response yet. That might be due to the holidays and such, though.

You afraid Shayan??? :P

Why are the Plano teams, well some, not going to the plano tournament? Or do y'all go to williams?

You afraid Shayan??? :P

Why are the Plano teams, well some, not going to the plano tournament? Or do y'all go to williams?

we have a choice of going to the 2 tournaments

we have a choice of going to the 2 tournaments

I think what Cameron was trying to say was that a school in Plano could easily travel to another school in Plano who is hosting a tournament. Not only is the Williams High School tournament probably closer to you, but there seems to be a tradition for Plano schools to always attend tournaments held in their own school district. Some school districts have even worked out a policy of reduced or free entry fees for schools who host tournaments in their district, as they would then reciprocate at their tournament. I'm not sure if this is the case for Plano schools, but it seems logical that they would attend a tournament in their district over another one that's not. Then again, to each their own.

I think what Cameron was trying to say was that a school in Plano could easily travel to another school in Plano who is hosting a tournament. Not only is the Williams High School tournament probably closer to you, but there seems to be a tradition for Plano schools to always attend tournaments held in their own school district. Some school districts have even worked out a policy of reduced or free entry fees for schools who host tournaments in their district, as they would then reciprocate at their tournament. I'm not sure if this is the case for Plano schools, but it seems logical that they would attend a tournament in their district over another one that's not. Then again, to each their own.

Plano schools do often get free entries at each others tournaments, but you should really ask the Plano coaches why the senior highs arent going to Williams if youre that curious. I'm not really sure enough to comment.

Plano schools do often get free entries at each others tournaments, but you should really ask the Plano coaches why the senior highs arent going to Williams if youre that curious. I'm not really sure enough to comment.

It seems like you missed my point entirely. I was clarifying what I believed Cameron was asking. I personally don't care where Plano high schools decide to debate.

To divert everyone's attention from this pointless fight over something as insignificant (and frankly pointless) as the Williams tournament...I propose to you all a question: Why do tournament directors put "Classic" into their tournament names? It's not like these things go that far back. "And this year at the 238th annual Williams Classic Speech and Debate Tournament, we'll be honoring our first VCX winner ever...the wolly mammoth."

Discuss.

• Upvote 1

haha my beleif is "classic" is added to the end so that there doesnt have to be a specific theme to the tournament. =P it does, though, signify a significant length of time the tournament has been held. But on the Plano schools, in theory we're required to send at least a few competitors to the tournaments hosted by plano schools. In fact, our team was specifically reprimanded for not sending teams to a school we stated in advance we couldn't attend. Some coaches do make the choice not to send their students to the other schools tournaments. There's really no answer "why" they do...they just do.

speaking of themes shayan loved when you guys did the wizard of oz.

• Upvote 1

results for williams

HebronGK over HebronMV

Hebron WW defeats Joshua

Hebron GK over Hebron WW

It's because Classic goes over better than

Tribute to Dubious Mediocrity