happy clown

grade 7 novices

wat grade did u start debating  

146 members have voted

1. 1. wat grade did u start debating

i am a grade 7 novice

it rocks

at senior year i'll have 6 years of debate exp.

you guys and girls will only have 3-4 years of exp.

unless u get left back

Why is everyone being so mean? Look at this kid's signature. He used EVERY. SINGLE. ANIMATED. SMILIE. If that doesn't make a debater talented then I don't know what does.

Why is everyone being so mean? Look at this kid's signature. He used EVERY. SINGLE. ANIMATED. SMILIE. If that doesn't make a debater talented then I don't know what does.

i only used like one fourth of them

Happy clown please mature a little and look around to understand the unwritten rules and here's some tips...

1. Everyone on here debates so you are not going to impress anyone with your abilities. You will just be made fun of.

2. Don't double, triple, or however many "uple" posts. Try to put it all in one post or Edit your post if you have to.

3. There are some extremely intelligent and witty people here. If you are going to start a fight be prepared to be attacked back, and

4. And from now on, please dont start a thread unless it is actually going to be beneficial for people.

I am sure I am missing a bunch of things so everyone else join in by helping this young one out...

I dont know about you, but im getting a lot of entertainment out of it

i am a grade 7 novice

it rocks

unless u get left back

I can still punch you in the throat.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

half the ppl i go against get amazed

my record is 5 and 13

it should be 6 and 13

but who cares

That means you lose all your rounds and then win a round or two against the bottom of the bracket, aka, other 7th graders etc.

in my school high school and middle school are connected

Last time I debated a middle school team (they went on to win state in the middle school division) I ran 3 plan attacks, 1 inherency, and 6 solvency and I believe I won on all of those arguments except 2. I have yet to see a middle school debater spread.

That means you lose all your rounds and then win a round or two against the bottom of the bracket, aka, other 7th graders etc.

i dont understand a word of what u said butttttttt

u have a nice icon

I spent my 9th grade year unlearning what I leared in middle school. And my middle school team was 8-1. They are nothing alike.

i dont understand a word of what u said butttttttt

u have a nice icon

Wow. Mad debate skills there. I am in awe.

who let the kid on cx?

there is a lesson to be learned here, control your novices, especially middle school ones

the only person who let me on crossx is myself

• Downvote 1

i am a grade 7 novice

it rocks

unless u get left back

I was going to yell at you and call you a douche, but that job has already been done for me, so I'll just move to the second thing.

First, Camleish is right, starting earlier=higher burnout chance. I love debate, it's my life, and while I like to think that I'm pretty decent at it, I lose rounds, meaning I'm not the best, or relativly close to it. This being said, the stress of debating has made me want to quit several tmes and I've only been debating since my freshman year. You can get sucked in, but that doesn't mean you won't ate it in a year or two.

Second, people ike Jordan Moliver (pwn) are proof that you can debate for a very long time, go to really good camps, and still not be the best in the country. By thise standards, Moliver should be as good as Weil by now, but he isn't, because a lot of the skills debaters have are natural, yo have the or you don't.

Third, and this is a personal opinion, I think that debating before high school is not advisable. 2 reasons

A. Maturity- 6th graders probably don't understand Foucault (Hell, I don't understand Foucault). You should still be having recess for christ sakes, wait till you can comprehend the arguments before you debate.

B. Unfair advantage- Obviously this is impossible to control, but it always bugged me that there was a reason that I could never be a great debater, and that reason was not because I wasn't skilled enough (which I would like to think I am, that is questionable) but because everyone in Georgia has been debating for 3 or 4 more years than I have.

Random Note: I noticed there is someone else who goes by the name Nat on in debate. Rock on. :)

Matt, I have to say that is such a lousy attempt to be funny, First you try to copy his signature for no reason and you don't even recreate it correctly. And then you go on and post the most used "dis" ever. Also the "dis" in no way relates to anything said before. (You’re worse than Drew)

Happy clown, who showed you cross-x.com? Squads normally do not allow novices to sign up for the forums for reasons such as this, they create threads that are in no way useful, and it turns into a huge flame war. Personally I doubt he is really what he says he is; I believe someone created an alternative account and posted this topic for pure amusement.

Either way, shut the **** up, you’re just making yourself look more immature and mentally retarded. Get off of cross-x, and please don't sign up for debate next year. In no way is a 5-13 record considered being "good" at debate. (At least remove your signature)

• Downvote 1