Yeah, so i heard about this thing called metaphysical spec... can anyone elaborate on what it is? Also where could i get a file?

(and i dont want a bunch of people telling me not to run it... just answer the question)

when you heard it how was it run? and what was their rational behind it? was it run saying something like our interp of the rez. is like something w/o material qualifications?

Metaphysics spec says the affirmative must specify the metaphysics of their 1ac. If you don't do this the 1ac collapses in on itself because there is no meaning to life. Check the WFI Radical Orthodoxy file from this year for a shell and extensions.

Affs should be 7 minutes and 30 seconds of plan text with 30 seconds of a solvency advocate card.

Doesn't really answer back the argument, but whateva.

why doesn't it answer back the arguement, all you say is that with the neg's interp of debate plan text would have to be so specific that the debate would never actually be acheived on the advantages of plan text. Plus i would also argue that if we specifiy metaphysics with plan text the neg team runs the next completely generic arguement o-spec which says we simply specify too much therefore we the aff team are trapped in a circle but never end up debating the advantages to plan text