Sign in to follow this  
allred

Has anyone heard these cases?

• Peace Corps in Afghanistan
  • Marriage Restriction/Positive Peace
  • Positive Peace Corps
  • Wildfires
  • Gays in the Peace Corps

If anyone has heard these, could you tell me what the story on them is? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

• Peace Corps in Afghanistan
  • Marriage Restriction/Positive Peace
  • Positive Peace Corps
  • Wildfires
  • Gays in the Peace Corps

If anyone has heard these, could you tell me what the story on them is? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Positive Peace Corps is a critical version of Peace Corps specifying the positive peace performed by the Peace Corps is moral, blah, blah. I know that the Milton EB team runs this and there could be others.

Wildfires was put out by SDI and has Citizen Corps and bashes the current method of putting out fires when they happen and instead uses controled burnings which eliminate the threat of mass fires.

Gays in the PC was put out by my lab at GDI. Can be run kritical or policy on the basis that gays should have the rights, like married couples, to choose to go to an area with their partner.

I have Camp Negs for Gays in PC and Wildfires but also have a really good not-camp file against positive peace if anyone wants to trade.

AIM, Email, PM me...

• Downvote 1

Wildfires was orignally written as a semi-squirrel, though I don't know how it's developed since then. When it came down to it, they used their Air Force aff.

• Downvote 1

Peace Corps in Afghanistan

We hit this case last weekend... the story on it was the taliban was poised to take over afghanistan and the military etc is doing nothing. Somehow the peacecorps was going to stop this. There was also, iirc, a womens' rights scenario.

• Downvote 1

I ran positive peace corps at my last tournament...it's decent, it's just handicapped on specific solvency evidence.

Essentially, the case says that the current perception of war as an event ignores its constant presence as structural violence. Structural violence serves as the root of all evils - poverty, racism, and most importantly, genocide.

By continuing to ignore its presence in the status quo, the world is doomed to "solving" violence with more violence. Mezaros has a really good impact card on this.

Anyhow, solving through the Peace Corps hinges on this concept of Negative Peace versus Positive Peace. Negative peace exists as only the absence of war, the time between treaties; that is to say, negative tension.. Positive peace is the absence of structural violence, a world in which genocide and racism are solved for by the positive person-to-person interaction.

Solving for positive peace demands a new look at modes of violence, specifically realizing what "war" really means for civilians.

After being educated on this in-round (discursive solvency), the plan is enacted, the peace corps goes to wherever, and encourages comradeship, solidarity, et al.

This solves for X.Y,Z...numerous advantages (poverty, racism, sometimes stuff like AIDS), all leading to the terminal result of positive peace.

The case is alright, but still links to PcC K's...in addition, on-case evidence against the PcC is crucial to keep them from accessing positive peace through real-world advantages (such as poverty); realism also works straight-up versus K advantages.

Hope that helps. Cheers.

• Downvote 1

Peace Corps in Afghanistan

We hit this case last weekend... the story on it was the taliban was poised to take over afghanistan and the military etc is doing nothing. Somehow the peacecorps was going to stop this. There was also, iirc, a womens' rights scenario.

I hit this as well, twice. I'm pretty sure this is how it went...

US military is currently doing both rebuilding and militaryish operations in afghanistan. They say this prevents their infastructure from being rebuilt, and stability attained, which is key to stopping the Taliban. Then they went on a rant about how evil underage marriage in arfghanistan was, with little 8 year olds being married. Their plan was to create a new branch of the peace corps in dealing with afgahnistan, as per this idea.

• Downvote 1

heg strat for firecore or wildfire that ever???? please

You do realize everytime you ask for files like this, no one's going to respond or help you.

• Downvote 1

I ran positive peace corps at my last tournament...it's decent, it's just handicapped on specific solvency evidence.

Essentially, the case says that the current perception of war as an event ignores its constant presence as structural violence. Structural violence serves as the root of all evils - poverty, racism, and most importantly, genocide.

By continuing to ignore its presence in the status quo, the world is doomed to "solving" violence with more violence. Mezaros has a really good impact card on this.

Anyhow, solving through the Peace Corps hinges on this concept of Negative Peace versus Positive Peace. Negative peace exists as only the absence of war, the time between treaties; that is to say, negative tension.. Positive peace is the absence of structural violence, a world in which genocide and racism are solved for by the positive person-to-person interaction.

Solving for positive peace demands a new look at modes of violence, specifically realizing what "war" really means for civilians.

After being educated on this in-round (discursive solvency), the plan is enacted, the peace corps goes to wherever, and encourages comradeship, solidarity, et al.

This solves for X.Y,Z...numerous advantages (poverty, racism, sometimes stuff like AIDS), all leading to the terminal result of positive peace.

The case is alright, but still links to PcC K's...in addition, on-case evidence against the PcC is crucial to keep them from accessing positive peace through real-world advantages (such as poverty); realism also works straight-up versus K advantages.

Hope that helps. Cheers.

Personally, I'd counterK with Development (maybe a mix of Dev and Imperialism) and argue Development destroys positive personal interactions and creates resentment, ending any chance for positive peace. Also, Imperialism works the same way, except you can tie in the military...

And don't forget, PCVs get AIDS...That is always bad...

Sign in to follow this