Sign in to follow this  
LCHSdb8coach

Hillcrest HS Tournament - sanctioned for GA schools!

I just wanted to let everyone know that Hillcrest High School in Simpsonville (near Greenville), South Carolina, is hosting a one-day tournament this Saturday. I just got word from the GHSA that it is approved for Georgia schools. (I had hoped that we would be able to go and had been working with their coach to get Georgia sanctioning.) Although they don't offer policy, they do offer - I think - everything else.

I thought this might be good to know for those who compete in lots of other events and who might be looking for somewhere to go now that West Georgia's tourney isn't happening this weekend. You can go to the Joy of Tournaments site to get all of the information and for registration.

Two problems with this:

1- No Policy.

2- FCBOE has a rule that buses aren't allowed to travel out of state. FCBOE also has a rule that coaches can not drive students. Ah.

Therefore, FCHS will not be in attendence. Although I have suggested going there as an idea for BK.

Two problems with this:

1- No Policy.

2- FCBOE has a rule that buses aren't allowed to travel out of state. FCBOE also has a rule that coaches can not drive students. Ah.

Therefore, FCHS will not be in attendence. Although I have suggested going there as an idea for BK.

So y'all are basically stuck either riding buses in-state or flying out-of-state, huh? :(

Essentially. Or get the parents to drive everywhere.

It really sucks becuase now for tournamnets like All State, State, etc.. we have to bring a bus/bus driver for like 4 kids.

I will be there judging LD for a local highschool, Me and a fellow member of the clemson debate team will be there handing out flyers and talking to coaches, parents, and competitiors about Clemson forensics and debate at the request of the tournament. We will be wearing clemson attire if anyone is interested is seeing what Clemson has to offer.

Was Lincoln the only GA school?

How'd it go?

We didn't go, either. . . we had planned to, but we had too many people headed to some football stadium in Atlanta on Saturday (present company not included. . . I watched on TV in my PJs :)). I do hope that some Georgia schools (besides Lassister, who was already going) did go, though.