LCHSdb8coach

Lincoln County Winter by the Lake (Jan 6)

Well, now that West Georgia has been postponed, I suppose that we're the next Georgia tournament, huh?

The main reason that I'm posting this now is to make it known that I will likely be interested in hiring judges. If you're available on January 6 (one day only), let me know if it's worth $60.00 to you to give up a day of your life to venture as far east as you can without ending up in South Carolina. :)

Oh, and if you're coming to debate or do anything else (we're basically offering everything), feel free to post that, too.

School List

Allendale-Fairfax (SC)

Cairo (GA)

Carrollton (give or take names) (GA)

*Chamblee (GA) (they registered long before I added them to this list. . . not sure how I left them off!)

Evans (GA)

Fayette County (GA)

GACS (GA)

Lakeside-Evans (GA)

Mary Persons (GA)

*North Cobb (GA)

*Sequoyah (GA)

Southeast Bulloch (GA)

*Southside (SC. . . not GA)

Southwest DeKalb (GA)

Stephenson (GA)

TCC (GA)

Trion (also give or take names :)) (GA)

Warner Robins (GA)

*Westover (GA)

*Williston-Elko (SC)

*New to the LC tournament

fayette will be there.... if they need me to judge for them- ill be wit them.. but if they dont lc can hire me...

i can let you know prolly by dec 15 or so.. whenever FC schools get out.

Southeast Bulloch people will be there:D My favorite tournament

Yea! Besides, you guys have to come. . . y'all (along with Dodge and Washington County) are the only schools who have perfect attendance! :)

rumor has it:

fayette will be bringin the followin alum to judge (maybe some can judge for the tournament- again we will know once we get numbers sorted)...

Me

Janelle Rivard

Michael Peaden

Craig Skelton

Munir Meghjani

I think fayette is bringing: 3 varsity teams, 1 jv, 2 duo, 1 extemp, 1 oo, maybe more?

I will come if you are hiring... I miss claude's food.

I am willing to hire you. However, you may have to do serious groveling where Mick is concerned. He's not likely to forget your "that dog" comment from Saturday. . . he believes - as does the rest of the LC crowd - that you owe him an apology.

He does read Cross-x (he has his own screen name and everything). . . if you apologize sufficiently, I'll hire you. :)

Fayette now has rooms reserved at the Cullars Inn- thank God we wont have to stay at the horrible EconoLodge :D

Fayette now has rooms reserved at the Cullars Inn- thank God we wont have to stay at the horrible EconoLodge :D

A wise move on your part! :)

For those who have never been before and want to come in on Friday night, the Cullars Inn in Lincolnton is the motel in Lincolnton that you want to stay in. (There's one more in the county. . . but you want to stay at the Cullars.)

In the event that it is booked by the time you make reservations, you want to stay in another town. I'd suggest staying in Thomson. . . you're probably going to end up coming that way, anyway, and it's only 25 minutes away. I'd recommend the Best Western/White Columns Inn there. I refuse to recommend the Holiday Inn Express because I'm mad at the chain - ask me in person about our Memphis experience last summer if you want details about this - and you see Jeff's review of the EconoLodge. :) The Scottish Inn is somewhat better. . . but only somewhat. The Days Inn is at a completely different (and farther from LC) exit. . . and Bracknell's opinion of it is possibly even worse than Jeff's of the EconoLodge.

If you're coming through Washington, there's a Jameson Inn there. . . I would think that it would be okay, too (and is about 20 minutes from LCHS). Also, although your tax forms wouldn't work there, you might be able to get lodging at either Savannah Lakes or Hickory Knob in McCormick, SC, which is about 15-20 minutes from LCHS.

A wise move on your part! :)

For those who have never been before and want to come in on Friday night, the Cullars Inn in Lincolnton is the motel in Lincolnton that you want to stay in. (There's one more in the county. . . but you want to stay at the Cullars.)

In the event that it is booked by the time you make reservations, you want to stay in another town. I'd suggest staying in Thomson. . . you're probably going to end up coming that way, anyway, and it's only 25 minutes away. I'd recommend the Best Western/White Columns Inn there. I refuse to recommend the Holiday Inn Express because I'm mad at the chain - ask me in person about our Memphis experience last summer if you want details about this - and you see Jeff's review of the EconoLodge. :) The Scottish Inn is somewhat better. . . but only somewhat. The Days Inn is at a completely different (and farther from LC) exit. . . and Bracknell's opinion of it is possibly even worse than Jeff's of the EconoLodge.

If you're coming through Washington, there's a Jameson Inn there. . . I would think that it would be okay, too (and is about 20 minutes from LCHS). Also, although your tax forms wouldn't work there, you might be able to get lodging at either Savannah Lakes or Hickory Knob in McCormick, SC, which is about 15-20 minutes from LCHS.

I just know I could not talk about EconoLodge on here... because it would be offensive to some people.

Let's just say the rooms weren't clean and there was a massive gang fight and gun shots throughout the night....

PLUS, The Cullars inn gives a true lincolnton feeling. This wil be have 4th time going to Lincoln... and for supper you have Huddle House and then breakfast is Hardees... Its a true Lincolnton expereience....also at the Cullars inn... they say the funny quote, "Well thats lincolnton for ya!"

That sounds really scary maybe Vaughn should get our rooms now b/c Im not missing this tourny for anyone unless my partner dies then we will just take her body with us and have a nice funneral before the tourny. (lol)

That sounds really scary maybe Vaughn should get our rooms now b/c Im not missing this tourny for anyone unless my partner dies then we will just take her body with us and have a nice funneral before the tourny. (lol)

Yes, I would definitely recommend getting reservations now. :)

So who all is coming (at this point)?

Trion is bringing

Varsity:

Kunzelman/McWhorter

Allred/Helms

JV:

(I'm not sure about partners)

Warner

Roehl

Broome

Dennis

Extemp:

Amber Rabun

So who all is coming (at this point)?

Trion is bringing

Varsity:

Kunzelman/McWhorter

Allred/Helms

JV:

(I'm not sure about partners)

Warner

Roehl

Broome

Dennis

Extemp:

Amber Rabun

Varsity:

Kunzelman/McWhorter

Allred/Helms

Warner/Roehl

JV:

Broome/Rabun

Extemp:

Alleigha Dennis

Of course neither Levi or Caleb are correct. Both of them have it somewhat right. Way to go guys.

Breaking news regarding this tournament. . . be sure that your coaches check their email! :D

(No, it isn't cancelled. . . this is good breaking news - or at least I think so!)

For those non-coaches,

the GFCA Executive Council has made Lincoln County an Allstate bid tournament at semifinals.

chamblee presence confirmed

Sok and I will definitely be there

Not sure about other team ups

the weird teams mentioned before may appear at milton.

Every LC tournament thread always turns into a chatty one.

Therefore every post that resembles chatting will be deleted-- if you want to chat randomly.. go talk in the LC or TCC Chatting.

The first entry is in. . . SE Bulloch! Also in is the second entry. . . Rabun County! Mary Persons has now joined the party. . . just in IEs, though.

I have also had inquiries from four South Carolina schools. . . Allendale (who often comes) plus two new ones. (Allendale still does policy, but the other schools probably wouldn't.)

From this point forward, school list changes will show up in post #1.

I may be able to make my way there- not sure, we fly back in from a tourney in Cali on the 5th. I'd love to be able to see everyone though- and what better place to do it than LC! :)

I'll let you know, Mama!

thanks.

and yes .. why wouldn't fayette be coming :D

we are still working on that list.

I'm not sure why she asked that. :confused: (For those who use T-cram and can't see the question marks over the emoticon's head, that's the confused face.)

This may well be the largest PF division we've ever had. . . and may be the first time that I haven't had to have teams debate other teams from their own schools. :)