Papa Smurf

do you debate on drugs? (alcohol and cigarettes included!)

do you use drugs while debating or during preperation?  

352 members have voted

1. 1. do you use drugs while debating or during preperation?

• none
    • alcohol
    • cigarettes
    • lots of caffeine (lots of no-doz that sort of thing)
    • marijuana
    • cocaine
    • pharmaceutical speed (adderral ritalin concerta so on)
    • methamphetamine
    • lsd
    • other hallucinogens
    • mdma
    • psilocybin mushrooms
    • opiates/heroin
    • pain killers (codeine codone et cetera)
    • inhalants

I rarely used caffeine on tournament day, and then usually a flat soda or two. Water, fruit, and adrenaline usually gave me enough energy. My partner, on the other hand (between super-strength coffee and no-doz) was taking the caffeine equivalent of 12-16 cups of coffee every day...

i run on pure adrenili and bags of licorice, its kind of tradition for me to practiccly inhale black liccorice, this coupled with addrenilin and 2 liters of coke make me very skittish, i'm already very skittish without them, but on a debate day a flinch at everything and some of me is always constantly moving.

I roll with water and a power bar. If it can get me through swim meets, a debate round should be no problem. See, most drugs/sugar dehydrate you considerably, making your mouth dry and your words hard to understand - which is bad no matter how fast you are going. The double breath won't help either.

I don't debate on anything other than some energy drinks. But in answer to the which came first debate or drugs question, I must say I started smoking weed thru debate.

If it's not too late, I'd suggest re-posting this poll with that rule in there at the start of the poll...

And "18.37% of the 52.4% who have used drugs have used alcohol, and so on." is wrong...18.7% of ALL voters...

for example: 5 people voted LSD. 5/144=3.47%

eh, My speed flies when I'm on red bull, but that's all I do.

I've always wondered about the number of debaters who smoke, actually. I mean, I've had people marvel at the fact that I don't smoke. It's not a question of ethics (I don't give a damn if you smoke, half my team does), it's just more that I really don't see the point. It's a stick of chemicals that I don't stick in my mouth and inhale. So what?

• Downvote 1