Sign in to follow this  
smileyperson1

Debate high schools in North Carolina

I have spent a lot of time debating, and I have attended debate camp during the summer. I would prefer not to waste my time and money spent on debate by quitting the club, but I may be moving to North Carolina by 2007. This being said, can anybody reccomend any high schools in the Raleigh/Chapel Hill area that have debate teams?

btw, I am talking about policy debate, not wussy pf :) or ld

I am form pennsylvania, but I now go to college in SC where I am on scholarship for debate. In college, LD is 1 person policy so I do that at my school. However, for this we go around to local high schools recruiting and judging tournamnets and what I have noticed is Policy is not big in the carolinas, especially south. LD is way more popular so I do not know how successful you will be at getting a school with policy. I bet some will have a forensics team with speech and LD, maybe can start a policy team but finding one with a well established one is hard. However, since so few do policy, qualing for NFL nat's is really easy!

However, this is SC and NC may be different.

I am form pennsylvania, but I now go to college in SC where I am on scholarship for debate. In college, LD is 1 person policy so I do that at my school. However, for this we go around to local high schools recruiting and judging tournamnets and what I have noticed is Policy is not big in the carolinas, especially south. LD is way more popular so I do not know how successful you will be at getting a school with policy. I bet some will have a forensics team with speech and LD, maybe can start a policy team but finding one with a well established one is hard. However, since so few do policy, qualing for NFL nat's is really easy!

However, this is SC and NC may be different.

I'm not too picky about the high school, as long as it has a policy program and sends the team to at least a couple of tournaments.