yunbo

Michigan debate powerhouses

On the horizon I would be on the lookout for FHN, they have a program that is consistently improving. If you are willing to define "powerhouse" as "consistently strong coaching over a long period," it's worth also mentioning EGR, Portage Northern, Brother Rice, Seaholm and East Kentwood. Even if some of those programs are not hugely successful this year they will be brought back by their strong adult leadership.

• Upvote 1

ok, i got unsigned neg rep for this last post

how would you even know? you were one of the worst debaters from one of the worst programs in the country. by suggesting that X is good, you demonstrate that it is bad, because you suck at debate so much.

if somebody wants to actually claim this, they should stand up and say it...i was just adding to the thread, supporting a school i think is a good debate school...

otherwise...what a surprise, more idiots on c-x...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

yea.. ive gotten random neg rep from pretty non-offensive posts, nearly the same style. If someone is going to do that and not at least tell you who they are, then who cares, they obviously are too embarrased to actually come forth and say it.

I totally forgot FHN, their novices have been extremely successful, and will definitely continue to be successful

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Perhaps I misinterpreted the question above. What I understood from the original query was that someone from out of state was interested in knowing which MI teams have or could garner national attention. While Dow and West Bloomfield are certainly fine programs, those from outside MI are currently unlikely to see them at tournaments beyond EGR and UM.

• Downvote 1

Troy travels and ain't half bad either, although they are small and have been strong for only a couple of years.

Seems (obviously!) that size depends on budget, strength depends on coaching, longevity depends on both.

'cept Troy has no coach and no novice program. =\

Obviously, the biggest debate powerhouse in Michigan is Portage Central.

EDIT: to the neg reppers, check my school name, and check the last time portage central entered in a tournament in the varsity division lmao

• Downvote 1

oh, and orion's being modest

okemos is a team that is strong now, and rising fast