Sign in to follow this  
yunbo

Random cases/ arguments

Whats the most random argument you ever met while of the aff? I was just wondering cuz the other day, my oppenents were talking about rusty missiles and some other junk. They even brought a calculator to debate, which I thought was funny. They later said it was to verify other people's evidence stats (LOL).

Well last week, when going aff a neg team ran like 5 Ts on me and there only standards were that their book said that T is a voter. They lost.

what the shit are you talking about? whitman didn't put out a nonviolence aff this year.

Im talking about a team that ran a non-violence aff at whitman...that is the only tournament we have competed at thus far and it was the most "random" case i heard of...since you weren't at whiman i assume someone else also made one...so yeah the profanity wasnt needed there

• Downvote 1

Im talking about a team that ran a non-violence aff at whitman...that is the only tournament we have competed at thus far and it was the most "random" case i heard of...since you weren't at whiman i assume someone else also made one...so yeah the profanity wasnt needed there

That would be Micha, and that would be my aff.

• Upvote 1

That would be Micha, and that would be my aff.

i know it was micah i am on his team it was a joke and maybe but if that is your aff i wouldnt defend creating it

A few years ago, Chico State was running the dumbest and most elaborate disad I have *ever* seen. The topic was development assistance to Africa. The disad was:

1. The USFG is focusing on "pivotal states" now (they couldn't tell me which countries these actually were, but they did have a card saying none were in the greater horn of Africa)

2. Focus is zero-sum - ie focus on non-pivotal states decreases focus on pivotal states

3. Decreased focus on pivotal states leads to US isolationism

4. Isolationism leads to space exploration

5. Space exploration leads to destruction of the universe.

On top of the silly story, none of the cards were even very good. The last card was from a deep eco author who commented, in passing, that teraforming Mars would be athropocentric. I don't know why they didn't just tack on Khalilzad instead of the space exploration bad scenario. The disad was bad enough how it was.

I remember watching a round late in the year where Chico's top team hit my school's top team in finals. They ran the above disad, a kritik of "importing Western epistemology to Africa" (that they obviously didn't understand), an anarchy CP, and a mediocre politics disad with a Mead '98 impact (that soundly linked back to the CP). Key quote from the round:

"Hess doesn't even know what Epistemology means!"

The pannel was belly-laughing, and Chico kicked everything except the (turned) CP in the 2NR. They were crushed routinely.

Sign in to follow this