bspills

Is this 1AC going to be allowed in the debate room?

Make it key to qualify for federal funds, call it No Child Left Unexploited.

:P

haha..genius..pretty much genius.

yeah, make sure that you are getting federal block grants when you talk about funding, and that you have cards to back up your points concerning federal vs. state, which they are bound to throw at you. Since Learn and Serve is enforced by the state you are bound to hit arguments considering the invalidity of your funding...

100 just seems too large.

Um I dont know what that is either.

Fiat is the rule in policy debate that states the plan has guaranteed funding and enforcement through the government without it the aff has no ground.

Requiring high school students to do 100 hours of community service is bad because first It does not let them choose, it says here in our evidence that parents and guardians are better to choose for their kids, and then if the kids are forced then they would stop participating.

you do realize that that's not an inherency argument, right?

Fiat is the rule in policy debate that states the plan has guaranteed funding and enforcement through the government without it the aff has no ground.

fiat doesn't always have to have guaranteed funding.

block grants are enough, money from the natural system of federal 'impulse' buying

no national service programs increases.

what in the world r u smoking? if you're saying no case is topical, you're completely wrong.

I guess you hit a team that didn't know what fiat was?

I'm not sure, but I think the actual point of that arguement is that if kids are forced to serve now, they won't volunteer later.

I'm not sure, but I think the actual point of that arguement is that if kids are forced to serve now, they won't volunteer later.

why does that matter.

the only plan that is actually fully topical is Draft. But every Aff plan is at least partially topical.

-edit-

sorry, i meant to say that you can argue topicality on every partial case

the only plan that is actually fully topical is Draft. But every AFF plan is at least partially topical

No it's not.

&No they're not.

why does that matter.

turns case....sure you may get a hundred hours out of them now, but as a whole, fewer people do volunteer work <insert volunteering good stuff here>

what in the world r u smoking? if you're saying no case is topical, you're completely wrong.

All it says in the plan text is that they are going to increase community service. Nowhere does it say that they are going to substantially increase in one or more of the national service programs listed in the resolution.

I know it's the worst T argument ever, but in response to the claim that it is fully topical, establish T

Yeah, establish T is weak, because you technically are, 'establishing' a draft.

But what can you do? The resolution is just so boring--you really can't argue the true theory you want to.

Yeah, establish T is weak, because you technically are, 'establishing' a draft.

But what can you do? The resolution is just so boring--you really can't argue the true theory you want to.

What "true" theory can you not argue as a result of this "boring" resolution.

T was in every single round I've debated.

What "true" theory can you not argue as a result of this "boring" resolution.

T was in every single round I've debated.

it's not like there isn't T to argue, because there is always T. I just wanted to argue theory on Africa, the topic that should have been but wasn't. I could have pulled out all the old files...

it's not like there isn't T to argue, because there is always T. I just wanted to argue theory on Africa, the topic that should have been but wasn't. I could have pulled out all the old files...

WHAT THEORY ON AFRICA IS DIFFERENT THAN THEORY ON THIS YEAR'S RESOLUTION.