Sign in to follow this  
blikebecks23

Plano West

All right. I'm new here (here meaning Texas in general). I moved from Jenks, if any of you've heard of it, to McKinney North, which I doubt any of you have heard of.

I'm going to Plano West next weekend. I was wondering what to expect. What level is the competition at TFA? Should I expect kritiks? counterplans? spreading? Is it toc level?

I've encountered all of that before, but I'm going with a partner who hasn't, so I need to know what I'm going to have to teach him.

I don't know any of this because my school is restricted to UIL competitions, so no one knows what to expect (and, not to mention, the CX program itself is like 3 months old).

Speedy responses would be appreciated.

• Upvote 1

Hey, I debate at jasper hs in plano, not too far from mckinney and my partner and i will be at plano west competing. It's definately not UIL, and I would certainly expect kritiks, spreading, cps, everything you see on the national circuit. Last year there was some pretty decent competition with one or two toc level teams present, but I think it might be downsized a bit this year. Last year the judging was also not too bad.

If you have anymore questions or anything feel free to IM me, my sn is caffeineprincess.

The competition in Texas is pretty good overall. You will find many Teams that know there stuff and are decent debaters. Majority of the torments have decent competition. As far as choice of arguments majority of teams are policy but there are a few teams that are critical. However if you want to start getting ready cutting answers to D/A's is most likely the best way to go I am pretty sure that the teams going to Plano West will be Policy. I my self will be attending Plano west if you have anymore specific questions you can PM me.

Texas knows what its doing. Expect everything. You will see everything. 70% of the things you see will not be run well, but everything will be run.

this is out rounds

Hebron WW d Plano senior ZL

Hebron AH d Japsper

Hebron GK d ? i think this was mckinney north not sure

Plano Senior MS d jasper

semis

Hebron AH conceeds to Hebron WW

Plano senior MS d Hebron GK 3-0

finals

plano senior MS conceeds to Hebron WW.

1st Mahoney from Plano Senior

2nd Snyder from Plano Senior

3rd Gwebb from Hebron

4th Sid Singh McKinney North

5th Dwebb from Hebron

Yea unfortunatley they only gave awards to the top speaker.

yea that was kinda lame but the first place trophy is big as fuck.