Debate is life

Senior Corps

Well, that's just a product of coincidence. Those teachers don't teach because they are seniors, they teach because they've been teaching for years, and so the strategies and methods they are using are different. It's not just about having old people teaching young people, it's about the ultimate goal of that education.

how to argue (if i could get this ev)

1. SC doesn't exist in law

2. CP increasing people in the the 3 organizations that are grouped into SC...would have all the same advantages, wouldn't be topical, but exists under law

3. some kind of Kritik of debate community (SC was added to this year's topic very last minute, w/o a lot of research I believe...it doesn't exist)

how to argue (if i could get this ev)

1. SC doesn't exist in law

2. CP increasing people in the the 3 organizations that are grouped into SC...would have all the same advantages, wouldn't be topical, but exists under law

3 words........

perm- do both

not competitive.

• Upvote 1

3 words........

perm- do both

not competitive.

The perm severs out of 100% of recruits going to just the Senior Corps. If it doesn't sever out of that, then Spending, Resource Tradeoff, and Federalism are all comparative net benefits to the CP compared to the perm.

Also, the aff contention would be that Senior Corps = those three programs. The perm is redundant, which would fuel the negative contention that there is a difference between the so-called 'Senior Corps' and the 3 programs that it contains.

The better answer to the argument he brought up: Senior Corps is a generic term for w/e the fuck the law refers to Senior Corps as - the law doesn't have to specify what a program is for it to exist. Senior Corps refers to the 3 programs in plural instead of listing each one - the resolution binds the aff to mentioning that in plan because they'd otherwise be untopical - Bush and other politicians refer to it as Senior Corps, people know what it is, not being in law doesn't affect predictability because it's published as Senior Corps.

Alright, I argue intergenerational "covenant" can't be broken - civic engagement, ^'s democracy, democratic nations don't attack each other, no nukes.

also, social security is killing economy, seniors who rely on it hurt the nation, they can use stipend money from senior corps to pay for thier own heath, not burdening medicaide and social security, no economic collapse, no nuclear war.

but then again I am a novii and don't know wtf I'm doing.

any help on my aff would be awesome.

Kari Leveton, THE AMERICAN ENTERPRISE, April-May 2004, p. 57, INFOTRAC, Expanded Academic ASAP. Under a "Retired,--Not Tired" program, senior citizens could earn up to $3,000 per year, tax free. The money could go to pay for the volunteer's own health care or someone else's education.

they also receive mileage reimbursements, not just these stipends

its all about the links.

I just added all these social security harms and economic fallouts, I wonder how it'll go next tourny.