Oscar the Grouch

The World Series

Well, the cardinals are up 3 games to 1 in the world series. I for one am not sure if I have ever been happier. I have been a life-long die-hard St. Louis Cardinals fan. The team has surpassed my wildest expectations going into the postseason. I am aware that there may be a few tigers fans in the Great Lakes Forum. I am by no means celebrating early, and I respect the ability of that players that wear the Detroit uniform. I wish you luck, but I also wish you failure.

Go Redbirds.

• Downvote 1

maybe you can answer some questions:

-why does Maddox get his own special industrial sized strike zone?

-how much does the guy running the video camera in center field used to steal signs get paid?

-when are they going to fix the stadium radar gun so that it does not lowball the speed of Zumaya's pitches, causing him to over throw?

Thank you. And be wary, especially if you're going to be so cocky......Michigan votes on a proposal next month to make hunting of mourning doves legal...

1) you've got to be kidding me.

2) you've also got to be kidding me.

3) Zumaya doesn't throw as hard as people think. Detroit's stadium rigs their radar gun by 3 or 4 miles an hour, you should know this. Both Zumaya AND Verlander have admitted to taking a peek at the stadium radar gun during games...and when they find out they're not hitting a ridiculous 103 mph, but rather their actual speed, they try to throw harder. that's not the cardinal's fault for having a real radar gun. it's detroit fault. here's a link for ya:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/playoffs/2006-10-12-radar-love_x.htm

And you're the one being cocky. I am by no means a Cardinal fan, or a Detroit fan. I am actually rooting for Detroit...but right now the Cardinals can be a little cocky because they're BEATING YOU 3-1 IN THE SERIES.

As much as I like the Cardinals (particularly Jim Edmunds and Albert Pujols), I am still pulling for the Tigers, even though their chances don't look too good right now...

fuck you

Fuck you!

The Cardinals own all of you. They weren't even "supposed" to be in the playoffs. They weren't "supposed" to beat the Padres. Then, they weren't "supposed" to beat the Mets. And even now, analysts are still saying they're not "supposed" to be up against the Tigers. Fuck them and fuck you, too. The Cardinals have demonstrated one thing consistently this post-season: they have effectively shitted all over major league baseball. Anyone who says the Cards don't deserve it at this point is an idiot... not to mention their loss in game 1 was due to a cheating whore of a pitcher.

One important fact all Card fans are missing

The Tigers play in the D.

We steal shit here - thats how we roll.

We are gonna steal this world series from right under yall.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

fuck the cards. they got lucky this year. 2004! Red Sox! again fuck the cards

• Downvote 1

"maybe you can answer some questions:

-why does Maddox get his own special industrial sized strike zone?

-how much does the guy running the video camera in center field used to steal signs get paid?

-when are they going to fix the stadium radar gun so that it does not lowball the speed of Zumaya's pitches, causing him to over throw?" - some jerk

1. Greg Maddox plays for the dodgers .. not the cardinals. i dont really know what you are talking about. maybe that Suppan (the actual cardinals pitcher) pitches similarly to maddox? alright that might make sense in the fact that Suppan HAS pitched like the Hall of Famer Maddox, but sure, bitch about the strike zone.

2. Cheating is a pretty serious charge, especially when our manager Tony LaRussa actually saw your pitcher cheat but was confident enough not to complain about it and get your pitcher thrown out of the world series. We lost the game but its 3-1 right now. You just sound like a pathetic, desperate fan who cant understand the game enough to realize why your team is losing so you come up with ridiculous conspiracies to make yourself feel better.

3. maybe your buddy Zumaya shouldnt worry so much about what the radar gun says and should just learn how to pitch. even when he does get his fastball over the plate, which isnt often, our worst hitter preston wilson is able to come up with a big hit.

you sound sad, i am sorry for the pain you are going through.

We steal shit here - thats how we roll.

We are gonna steal this world series from right under yall.

Hey, can you remind me of the score of the game tonight?

• Downvote 1

its true he will, he goes (or went?) to Wayne State, i wouldn't fuck with him.

also so what if the cards won, so what if they played better baseball, so hwat if they're series champions....they're still bitches.

chris, i'm not convinced that you are possessed of enough knowledge of baseball to make such an evaluative judgment. but, you're probably right nevertheless.

Fuck you!

The Cardinals own all of you. They weren't even "supposed" to be in the playoffs. They weren't "supposed" to beat the Padres. Then, they weren't "supposed" to beat the Mets. And even now, analysts are still saying they're not "supposed" to be up against the Tigers. Fuck them and fuck you, too. The Cardinals have demonstrated one thing consistently this post-season: they have effectively shitted all over major league baseball. Anyone who says the Cards don't deserve it at this point is an idiot... not to mention their loss in game 1 was due to a cheating whore of a pitcher.

I remember a similar story in Pittsburgh last year in the NFL. What are they now, 2-5? Just lost to the Raiders?

chris, i'm not convinced that you are possessed of enough knowledge of baseball to make such an evaluative judgment. but, you're probably right nevertheless.

it's perception based.