jbhman2007

College Discussion Next Year

Alex Jenson, a Lexington High School graduate, considered trying to start up some policy action in New Haven, but did parli instead. You might want to talk to him about either option.

There is also a fellow from Missouri who was a big policy guy named Steven Marcus who would probably hook it up as well on starting a policy program.

Jamie

Both MIT and Maryland only have parli at the moment. Does anyone know which type of parli either place has?

Also, University of Florida said they have a debate team, but I don't think its policy...anyone know?

Also, University of Florida said they have a debate team, but I don't think its policy...anyone know?

Flordia definitely has a policy team. Their coach is Frank Irizarry, if you search the edebate archives (http://www.ndtceda.com) you should be able to find contact info.

I've heard some pretty good stuff coming out of Georgia State next year.

Should be interesting..

Both MIT and Maryland only have parli at the moment. Does anyone know which type of parli either place has?

If you wish to do policy debate, "hockey midget," debaters from both MIT and Wellesley have debated for Harvard in the past. I also don't know if MIT is necessarily hostile to doing policy debate. PRobably, but I know they've done it in the distant past.

I can speak concerning the MIT debate program. It doesn't exist. But I debated for Harvard this past year and they're definitely very hospitable. If we had more debaters, starting an MIT policy debate program would not only be possible, but probable.

thanks. I can't go because of money issues, but my friend is going and she was a first year senior this year, and if she wants to continue, I will put her in touch with you. She's not very experienced, but she has the drive and if she can do extra work I'll try to get her to join. I assume that a lack of coaches and things will make it more work if the team is from MIT, but if you're at harvard, evidence wise, am i correct in assuming it will be easier to get by doing less research?

thanks. I can't go because of money issues, but my friend is going and she was a first year senior this year, and if she wants to continue, I will put her in touch with you. She's not very experienced, but she has the drive and if she can do extra work I'll try to get her to join. I assume that a lack of coaches and things will make it more work if the team is from MIT, but if you're at harvard, evidence wise, am i correct in assuming it will be easier to get by doing less research?

. . . lol? are you kidding? you don't travel if you don't finish assignments. why would a university pay for you to go to tournaments you aren't prepared to go to?

. . . lol? are you kidding? you don't travel if you don't finish assignments. why would a university pay for you to go to tournaments you aren't prepared to go to?

i believe the diminutive skater means "would there be a lighter workload at Harvard than there would be at MIT, because there are more people debating/coaching."

the answer to that is clearly yes

• Upvote 1

I will be an Asst. Coach for Arkansas State University next year. We are still going hard in the recruiting process and are looking at bringing in a couple more debaters.

PM me or hit me up on AIM if you are interested...

Aly and I also debated an ASU team at berkeley - the season opener. So i'm assuming they are in revitalizing mode.

Seeing as how I started this thread a while back, specifically October of last year, I guess it is about time to announce where I'm going...

While I am the first in this thread to announce going to this school, I am sure I will be joined by a great group of incoming freshman...

Justin Herzig

Berkeley Prep, c/o 2007

Wake Forest University, c/o 2011

Kailen Horn

Art Institute of Pittsburg for Bachelor for Digital Media Production

or Northwestern for Communications.

=D Haven't decided my major.

AIP has a debate club. I'll join it if I go to AIP.

If I go to Northwestern, I'll sure in the hell debate for them.

So it'll be AIP '12 or Northwestern '12

• Downvote 1

Kailen Horn

Art Institute of Pittsburg for Bachelor for Digital Media Production

or Northwestern for Communications.

=D Haven't decided my major.

AIP has a deabte club. I'll join it if I go to AIP.

If I go to Northwestern, I'll sure in the hell debate for them.

So it'll be AIP '12 or Northwestern '12

Where do you get the years of '12 come from?

Are you a junior in high school aspiring to go to one of those two places or was that just a typo? If you're only a junior, good luck with those because as I'm sure you know the college application process is becoming more and more difficult.

Where do you get the years of '12 come from?

Are you a junior in high school aspiring to go to one of those two places or was that just a typo? If you're only a junior, good luck with those because as I'm sure you know the college application process is becoming more and more difficult.

It was no typo. I am a junior.

I know it's becoming more and more difficult to apply to college.

That's why I started back the start of my junior year looking.