demonlampshade

Fire Corp

i think some people may be misinterpreting the case. i run fire corp sometimes...and even though it can be fx-t or xtra-t...the whole thing with volunteers has been misconstrued. what my cards say is that in the sq, firefighters are forced to do office tasks because they are lacking personnel. when the plan is passed...these firefighters doing other tasks, like office jobs or whatever, are all put on the front lines and then the volunteers come in to take these medial tasks that the previous firefighters were doing. it never speaks of allowing volunteers to actually fight the fires...follow or no?

i think some people may be misinterpreting the case. i run fire corp sometimes...and even though it can be fx-t or xtra-t...the whole thing with volunteers has been misconstrued. what my cards say is that in the sq, firefighters are forced to do office tasks because they are lacking personnel. when the plan is passed...these firefighters doing other tasks, like office jobs or whatever, are all put on the front lines and then the volunteers come in to take these medial tasks that the previous firefighters were doing. it never speaks of allowing volunteers to actually fight the fires...follow or no?

Yes, but how does that solve for anything?

(And what's the terminal impact to this case?)

what i find most people dont understand about this case is that the aff IS PROPOSING TO START FIRES, and the aff DOES ADMIT THAT BIG FIRES ARE BAD.

The aff claims that by starting smaller fire, we can prevent bigger fires, which cause impacts.

no we understand that, thanks

but "starting the fire" is extra topical

true. But the aff doesn't do that. The aff claims that the firefighters want to do it now... It's inevitable.

true. But the aff doesn't do that. The aff claims that the firefighters want to do it now... It's inevitable.

except that the regular fire fighters that the fire corps helps out don't have the authority to do proscribed burns. the department of forest services does. there is also no federal key warrant for the act of recruiting volunteers. this is why centerville stopped running this aff. it sucks.

those still arent fire fighters. there are other organizations that do proscribed burns.

besides, the reason I said this aff sucks and centerville stopped running it was the states cp.

did you see the 13 point block for the states cp in the file? it, for the most part, pwns the states cp

did you see the 13 point block for the states cp in the file? it, for the most part, pwns the states cp

yeah the problem is thats its not a question of who manages forests. or does proscribed burns.

the only question of the states cp vs the federal aff is who is more effective at recruiting volunteers. the states can recruit volunteers to join the fire corps. the ultimate problem with this aff is just that there really isnt anything written about the fire corps, which means that most of the evidence is loosely tied together can can be easily fiated out of.

the best cards there say states bad at managing forests

it's a good thing that the cp and the fire corps have nothing to do with actually managing forests

and not to mention that most evidence is neg conclusive

it gives states the power over the fire corps, so when states get power over the fire corps you push for bad shit other then caring for the ecosystem, which is what the prescribed burning is.

and actually the perm is pretty good too, which you seem to ignore..

yeah the problem is thats its not a question of who manages forests. or does proscribed burns.

the only question of the states cp vs the federal aff is who is more effective at recruiting volunteers. the states can recruit volunteers to join the fire corps. the ultimate problem with this aff is just that there really isnt anything written about the fire corps, which means that most of the evidence is loosely tied together can can be easily fiated out of.

the states cps that iv heard are generic, at best all their solvency said was "states solve for national service best", never even touching the recruitment process

those still arent fire fighters. there are other organizations that do proscribed burns.

besides, the reason I said this aff sucks and centerville stopped running it was the states cp.

why couldnt you aslo run state specific disads against this too

Like what? SOP? Just run this with a spending DA, you take their Economy Adv and turn it by using a pork barrel link. They can't argue "spending defense" or NU because they already claimed economy is on the brink in the 1AC. Heck, you don't even need an impact card, C/a bearden from the 1AC...

States = no pork barrel...

And throw in a Politics DA for good measure...

it gives states the power over the fire corps, so when states get power over the fire corps you push for bad shit other then caring for the ecosystem, which is what the prescribed burning is.

and actually the perm is pretty good too, which you seem to ignore..

no, it doesnt give the states control over the fire corps. it just has the states recruit people to join the fire corps, which is run independently.

the perm links to the disads (probably spending and politics).

the states cps that iv heard are generic, at best all their solvency said was "states solve for national service best", never even touching the recruitment process

then be glad you havent debated anyone smart enough to run a different cp...

why couldnt you aslo run state specific disads against this too

because states disads suck. and the only ones that really apply are state politics and state spending. state politics really only works for elections, i've never seen a state political capital da. maybe a state popularity da.

I mean, you can read a disad to the CP. but it solves your whole aff. so the neg has removed 8 minutes of offense. fair tradeoff in order to answer the state spending disad, in my opinion.

Guest svfrey
Has anyone thought about a deep eco K? something about how humans trying to fix the enviroment is wrong etc etc? also, if anyone has anything close to an enviromental science class i think you might be able to beat them on analytics

yeah, totally

or u could go enviro security.

might be a little weaker, bu maybe more impacts...

or you could go eco-fem...

or combine all three :)

those ffighters would do proscribed burns

That assumption is the XT part, because THE PLAN FIATS that firefighters do prescribed burns, jacking the GIANT piece of neg ground and hiding the HUGE flaw in the case...ABUSE!

Don't forget the GIANT biopower link (controlling the enivronement is a tool by which the biopolitical state controls its populace...)

why all the trouble going for a big biopower K or extra t... not a single defense of federal action in terms of recruiting. dont lose sight of the simple strats.

why all the trouble going for a big biopower K or extra t... not a single defense of federal action in terms of recruiting. dont lose sight of the simple strats.

that big biopower k is just way more funn

I run the Fire Corps Aff...and the best Neg that anyone has run on us so far was the Alt Caus argument...most people we've debated haven't had and on-case for it so we've seen a lot of T...someone ran the In=Throughout...but the judge flowed it to us because although that Pensions=Volunteers card is shitty, it does prove pensions=more volunteers throughout Fire Corps, and thus Citizen Corps...one team ran the Biopower, and it didn't link too great...but we didnt have any Biopower blocks...if you plan on running a DA..take note that there is an awesome impact card in the 1AC that says fire supression=loss of biodiversity=worse than any other impact including nuclear war, economic collapse etc....and the plan solves for supression...the aff just has to win solvency..as far I can tell the States CP is shitty for this AFF...theres pages of blocks in the 2AC and don't forget about the perm

I think we can all agree that the most pressing issue with this aff is its lack of defense of not consulting japan.

• Upvote 1