STADB9

The worst argument in debate

why not just run infinite regression and say they justify ospec or 8 mins of plan writing?? seems alot easier then jumbling a spec spec debate because at best it becomes a wash cus the offense wouldn't be generated at all

why not just run infinite regression and say they justify ospec or 8 mins of plan writing?? seems alot easier then jumbling a spec spec debate because at best it becomes a wash cus the offense wouldn't be generated at all

Sarcasm, I actually suggested infinite regression and how spes justify 8 mins of plan text in an earlier post.

EDIT: I lied, that was in the long rant/post i typed then hit sumbit and then the forums got glitchy and it didnt submit.

ahh ok i didnt read the other posts cus i figured it has gotten pretty pointless...my apologies...good sarcasm though you got me and im the biggest sarcastic asshole on the face of the earth :Bow

I'd rather get "pwned" than NOT get a girlfriend in my life. Ever.

(or at least, one who is both attractive AND carries a pulse)

-Happy.

And attempting to ad-hom through an insult to masculinity is really pointless and has no substantive basis for most on this site.

Wow, you're still trying to defend yourself here? You took it way too seriously, blew it out of proportion like mad, didn't realize that it was a joke despite picking up on all the triggers:

Let's take a moment to examine that thread. Here are some highlights.

"YOU HAVE BLASPHEMED AGAINST OUR GREAT STRUGGLE!!! YOU SHALL PERISH IN FLAME!!1!~!!" *Note-- I didn't add the tilde (~) or the ones.

"The Struggle or THE STRUGGLE. Never "the struggle". Your lack of capitals is counterrevolutionary."

"Mr. Dubois, you're my hero. Leftism and fellow Catholics are uniting in a joint effort. Horrah!"

"http://files.filefront.com/TEH+K+OF+.../fileinfo.html"

"By the way, an update for the loyal masses: many coaches and judges have flocked to our banner on this. MANY. It is best that their identities not be known--not while the bourgeois imperialist funding-pressers still maintain a monopoly on the use of force--but the time of our arisal is nigh. From the seeds planted here, a vast Harvest of Terror shall soon be reaped.

Prepare yourselves, O My Minions! The moment of triumph approacheth!"

My particular favorite there is when you seem to think the "PERISH IN FLAME!!1!~!!" is a typo or something, representative of intelligence, and certainly not mockery. Uh-huh. Yep.

You can keep trying here by shooting off baseless ad-homs, or you can just give it up.

I want to start a petition to delete John's post in the beginning of the thread. Not because I dislike John Cook (I've actually never met him). But merely because I think Robinson's post was comic gold.

Anyway, some people are getting WAY too carried away with this. People are getting all up in arms like the first post was crazy or something. I mean, yeah, it's a stupid argument. Then again, Kansas has fostered that style of debate.

However, given how many times I've voted on inherency this year, I'll probably end up judging 40 more "funding" "debates".

this deserves mention:

in a practice round against dubois last night, hartung and i ran THE STRUGGLE against him in a completely unorthodox manner.

steve hengeli later said we won the round on it.

My particular favorite there is when you seem to think the "PERISH IN FLAME!!1!~!!" is a typo or something, representative of intelligence, and certainly not mockery. Uh-huh. Yep.

And that we don't know what a tilde is.

soemone missed my sarcasm and called me "completely fucking dumb." Some wounds will never heal....basically im asking which one of you f-spec lovers left me unsigned rep. Maybe we can talk about f-spec.

• Downvote 1

Wow, you're still trying to defend yourself here? You took it way too seriously, blew it out of proportion like mad, didn't realize that it was a joke despite picking up on all the triggers

Hm...this reminds me of somebody else...

this deserves mention:

in a practice round against dubois last night, hartung and i ran THE STRUGGLE against him in a completely unorthodox manner.

Psh, w/e :rolleyes:

this deserves mention:

I hope they all loved the K that I wrote... ;)

aww sean, still mad about the bracket incident from a couple years ago?

p.s. your rep comes as neutral. nice try though. i really appreciate the well-warranted and thoughtful remark. "you cant even debate policy how the hell can you run a K", indeed.

<3

I love you both.

And--Dubois, Beth has no idea what I'm talking about right now.. I'll await further instructions from the higher-ups.

aww sean, still mad about the bracket incident from a couple years ago?

p.s. your rep comes as neutral. nice try though. i really appreciate the well-warranted and thoughtful remark. "you cant even debate policy how the hell can you run a K", indeed.

<3

I'm not even remotely aware of what that means and if I said any of these things.

And i'm not upset about any bracket. I picked my gators to win the national championship. You got Duke again this year? Or was it Duke?

sure i'll take duke again

and tom and i got to run THE STRUGGLE this weekend. didn't get the ballot on it despite our sweet perm. we're working on rewriting that block so the voter is even more revolutionary. updates to come after this weekend.

I've read about three pages of this nonsense after being directed here from the Facebook group. I usually use Cross-X very sparingly, but I've decided this was a good time to post again.

Now, I'll admit-- I'm a little nerdy. I participate in debate, and often stay until 7 PM on some days working on my stuff. Instead of going out and, you know, having fun on weekends, I debate. And since I was a freshman, I've declined trying out for football (like my brother and my dad) so I could debate, and gain no recognition from it from the school. I'm a little nerdy-- but dear God, please give me the strength to NOT kill myself.

You people. Honestly. DuBois, you're like 35. The fact that you take pleasure in posting debate theory argument "revolutions" can only be equated to someone poking my brainstem with a frozen metal rod. It scares me a little on the inside. And the fact that you kids think you're starting some kind of mass revolution over t3h intarn3ts scares me more than Osama ever has or ever will. Do you all really have that much time?

I don't even own the F-Spec shell. But I'm considering going out and finding it just so I can run it on you "revolutionary" types. I run I-Spec almost every round, even though I know it's not THAT great of an argument. And many a time, I have won on it-- as often as I have won on DA's, counterplans, and topicalities, respectively. The point is, if it can beat your case, then it stops becoming a stupid argument. That's like saying terrorists are stupid because they can mass amounts of people. They're not stupid-- they're a threat. Instead of starting "revolutions", just prep them out and shut the hell up about them. I'm just as much of a debater as most of you kids, but even I have my limits. I don't discuss how ghey my AP Biology homework is and try to start a revolution against it-- and that actually applies to me, because I'm 17 and in high school. For some of us, that ended over 15 years ago. Let it go, man.

AIDS is a struggle. Poverty is a struggle. Racism is a struggle. The war on terrorism is a struggle. The "slight annoyance over a debate theory argument" is not a struggle.

Tell you what-- everybody go out to, you know, a public place and talk to a girl tonight. It'll do you a world of good.

-Happy.

Your opinion stopped holding value after you pluralized the word "topicality".

By the way...despite the age of this thread, I feel it deserves to be bumped for "amazingness".

Funding is like those egg-shaped toys that just wobble back and forth and never fall down. No matter how hard you kick it, it just gets back up. It's unbeatable and that's all there is to it.