Sign in to follow this  
gmfishbein

Blake Tournament Registration Open

Dear Debate Coach,

The National Forensic League Chapter of the Blake School is honored to extend to your school an invitation to attend the Forty-fourth Annual John Edie Holiday Debate Tournament. We are looking forward to an extremely competitive pool in both Policy and Lincoln-Douglas debate. We are pleased to announce that Tournament of Champions bids will once again be awarded to the quarterfinalists in both policy and Lincoln-Douglas. Again this year, all rounds will be held at the tournament hotel, the Hyatt Regency, located in downtown Minneapolis.

Tournament dates are December 15-17, 2006. LD rounds will be flighted and you will need to provide one judge for every three LD entries. LD will debate the Jan-Feb national topic. The LD Skyway Challenge will be held upon completion of the tournament.

Registration is now open at the Joy of Tournaments website: http://joyoftournaments.com/mn/blake/ Please be sure to register early. Last year, the tournament was full well before the deadline. New to the registration page this year is a link that allows you to make your hotel reservations on-line. The room rate is only $74!

We look forward to seeing you at the tournament!

Sincerely,

Leslie Robinette

Director of Debate

The Blake School

9 5 2-9 8 8-3 7 4 7

lrobinett@blakeschool.org

Gregg Fishbein

6 1 2-5 9 6-4 0 4 4

gmfishbein@locklaw.com

Will there be a policy round robin at this year's tournament?

No. Only the LD Skyway Challenge will be held this year after the tournament.

What will be the neccesary precautions to provide strict security of the tournament participants?

As I understand, the tournament will be held in downtown Murderapolis?

• Downvote 1

What will be the neccesary precautions to provide strict security of the tournament participants?

As I understand, the tournament will be held in downtown Murderapolis?

assuming this is serious, Minneapolis isn't dangerous, or at least no more dangerous than anywhere else, and also, you're at the hotel the whole time, the tournament is there too.

if it's not serious, my bad

if it's not serious, my bad

no, if it's not serious it's his bad for making stupid, awkward jokes.