3. Jordan Hanson, K-State

4. Brett Farmer, K-State

5. Jessica Peters, JCCC

10. Tristan Tafolla, K-State

Out-Rounders:

Open/Varsity

KU QW (dropped in doubles to Bard SW)

Wake CW (dropped in doubles to Wake HM)

MoState MM (dropped in quarters to WSU CS)

KU JL (dropped in quarters to UMKC FG)

WSU CS (dropped in semis to MoSate MO)

MoState MO (I think the M is Michael Mapes, correct me if I'm wrong though...) (2nd place)

JV

KCKCC BT (dropped in octas to WSU AR)

KU AF (dropped in octas to OU JS)

JCCC ?? (dropped in octas to K-State HW)

K-State TT (dropped in octas to WSU SW)

WSU SW (dropped in quarters to ESU FT)

K-State HW (dropped in quarters to OU JS)

ESU FT (dropped in semis to WSU RS)

WSU AR and WSU RS - finals close-out

Congrats, KS. Great weekend.

Also, if I did it wrong or left anyone out, please feel free to correct me.

the M in MoState MO is Blake Moore, the O is Martin Osborn. Christ Stone also got a speaker award. and neither of the mapeses are from kansas.

Wake CW (dropped in doubles to Wake HM)

Neither of these dudes are from Kansas.

At UNT the final debate was the Shock and I versus Emporia FT. Everybody in that was from Kansas (except Kurt). Then at UTD the Shock and I were 4-0 going into the second day (we had already won enough debates to clear at this point) and then I got sick.

At UNT in open KU broke Johnson/Lathrop, Kasten/Press, and Quigley/Wright. Chris Thomas and Kyle Shernuk got walked over in the first elim.

At UTD, Joel Kasten and Ronnie Press were up 4 going into the last round and then got pulled up to debate OU CJ. They didn't clear because they lost that debate.

Wow. I guess I just kinda suck... I was sure the Mapeses were Kansans. Wrong.

And I was sure the W in Wake CW was Kurt Woolford. Apparently wrong there too.

UNT Kansans off the top of my head:

Doubles: Kansas ST

Octas:

Kansas KP

Baylor MR

Quarters:

Kansas QW

UTD RS

Semis:

Kansas JL

WSU CS

Edit: and by hyper fancy he means the 10,000 person town of Le Mars, Iowa (the ice cream capital of the world)

NDT qualifiers from Kansas:

KU BJ

KU JL

K-State SZ (fucking right! dan stout has been debating since before any of you were born)

WSU CS

UTD RS (Rubaie qualifies as a frosh. its alright, i guess)

Congratulations to Dan Stout who gets what he finally deserves: the chance to prove he isn't just second best. I'm actually old enough to remember Stout's novice year. We even debated together a few times when he would take me. Good luck to all other Kansans at the NDT... unless you are debating Wake.

Brad

Top Speakers

1. Malcolm Gordon UMKC

2. Jessica Yeats Idaho State

3. Conor Cleary Oklahoma

4. Brenda Montes CSU Fullerton

5. Jonathan Wright Kansas

6. Amy Foster UMKC

7. Luis Magallon CSU Fullerton

8. Blake Johnson Oklahoma

9. Ben Meiches Whitman

10. Julie Hoehn Emory

11. Kathryn Clark Dartmouth

12. Michael Mapes Missouri State

13. Aimi Hamraie Emory

14. Ben Crossan SUNY - Bufflo

15. Gabe Murillo Wayne State

16. Rosie Washington Louisville

17. Andrew Jennings Kansas BJ

18. Lindsay Lathrop Kansas JL

19. Martian Osborn Missori

20. Ravenna Wilson Bard

Octa Finals

Oklahoma CJ v. Idaho State MY

Dartmouth CO v. Missouri State MO

CSU Fullerton MM v. Bard SW

Emory HH v. Georgia State LP

Kansas BJ (A) v. Texas TW

Wayne State MT v. Richmond WS

Whitman RS UMKC v. GF (A)

North Texas CE vs Michigan State RD

Quarter Finals:

Oklahoma CJ v. Michigan State RD

Dartmouth CO v. Whitman RS (A)

CSU Fullerton MM v. Wayne State MT

Emory HH v. Kansas BJ

Semi Finals

Oklahoma CJ v. Kansas BJ

Dartmouth CO v. Wayne State MT

Finals

Oklahoma CJ v. Dartmouth CO

worth noting is that coleman and stone were 21st and 22nd speaker, respectively.

and capt. jon wright came straight out of left field with a hell of showing.

Washburn debate recently traveled to The Colorado College in Colorado Springs, CO to compete at the National Parliamentary Debate Association 2007 Championships. The NPDA 2007 Championships featured 81 squads and a field of 238 debate teams.

After eight preliminary rounds, five of Washburn’s eight teams emerged with winning records, putting those five in the top 86 individual teams at the tournament. This field of 86 teams then advanced to the single elimination rounds of the 2007 Championships.

Dan Usera (jr.) and Joelle Jasper (so.) were partial quad-octafinalists (tied for 65th). Nate Miller (jr.) and Shanna Carlson (so.) were triple-octafinalists (tied for 33rd). Joe Heschmeyer (sr.) and Brandon Wentz (jr.), Annaleigh Curtis (jr.) and Marcus Shultz-Bergin (jr.), and Jessica Otto (jr.) and Tyler Dooley (fr.) were all double-octafinalists (tied for 17th). The non-advancing Washburn teams, all who stayed by their teammates’ sides, helping them prepare for elimination rounds, were Tonya Stein (sr.) and Alicia Phillips (jr.), Sarah Van Dalsem (sr.) and Barbi Warhurst (so.), and Dane Anderson (jr.) and Becca Schmidt (fr.).

Out of 476 speakers at the NPDA 2007 Championships, Annaleigh Curtis was the 16th individual speaker and Marcus Shultz-Bergin was the 20th. The top twenty speakers were separated by a mere three-and-a-half points on a scale of 180. Also in the top fifty speakers were Tyler Dooley (26th), Joe Heschmeyer (33rd), Brandon Wentz (39th), and Jessica Otto (49th).

I believe that OU, KU, and UMKC were all in the sems of the NDT. A special congrats goes out to UMKC who lost in the finals to two womyn from Emory (first time two womyn have won the NDT).

Wow. I guess I just kinda suck... I was sure the Mapeses were Kansans. Wrong.

And I was sure the W in Wake CW was Kurt Woolford. Apparently wrong there too.

The "W" in "CW" is Nick Watts, an Okie...

This weekend, the Washburn Debate Team opened its 2007-2008 campaign in Laramie, WY at the "Top of the Rockies" invitational debate tournament hosted by the University of Wyoming. Attending schools included Carroll, Central Missouri, Drury, William Jewell, California State-Long Beach, Montana, Northern Arizona, Oregon, Pacific, Rice, Texas Tech, Truman State, Wyoming, USAFA, and Utah.

Washburn cleared to single-elimination rounds all eight of its parliamentary debate teams and fifteen of its seventeen Lincoln Douglas debaters. Our overwhelming performance easily netted Washburn Debate the Overall Debate Sweepstakes at the "Top of the Rockies," tallying up an impressive 295 sweepstakes points. Rice and Caroll finished tied for second, each with 120 points. Interestingly enough, our tally in open parliamentary debate alone was more than 120 points.

In open parliamentary debate, Dane Anderson (sr.) and Rebecca Schmidt (so.) as well as Nathan Miller (sr.) and Shanna Carlson (jr.) were double octa-finalists; each bowing out to a higher seeded Washburn team. Annaleigh Curtis (sr.) and Marcus Shultz-Bergin (sr.) as well as Jeff Jones (so.) and Chris Neill (so.) were octa-finalists; each also bowing out to a higher seeded Washburn team. Daniel Usera (sr.) and Scottie Abbott (so.) were quarter-finalists. Jessica Otto (sr.) and Tyler Dooley (so.) were semi-finalists, while the team of Joe Allen (jr.) and Joelle Jasper (jr.) finished runner-ups in the final round.

In junior varsity parliamentary debate, Kelsey Fowler (so.) and Andrew Lake (fr.) were crowned tournament champions.

For parliamentary debate speaker awards, Annaleigh was 20th, Jeff was 19th, Daniel was 16th, Joe was 5th, Joelle was 4th, Tyler was 3 rd, and Jessica was 1st.

In open Lincoln Douglas debate, Jessica Otto, Nathan Miller, Joelle Jasper, Daniel Usera, Chris Neill, Barbi Warhurst, and Jeff Jones were all octa-finalists; all but Jessica and Barbi bowed out to a higher seeded Washburn competitor. Marcus Shultz-Bergin and Annaleigh Curtis were quarter-finalists; both bowing out to a higher seeded Washburn competitor. The trio of Tyler Dooley, Scottie Abbott and Joe Allen bested all other competitors to capture the open LD championship.

In junior varsity Lincoln Douglas debate, the trio of Andrew Lake, Kelsey Fowler and Rebecca Schmidt outlasted all other competitors to lock-up the championship round in junior varsity Lincoln Douglas.

For Lincoln Douglas debate speaker awards, Joe was 10th, Jessica was 7th, Tyler was 5th, Marcus was 3rd, and Annaleigh was 1st in the open division. Kelsey was 4th, Andrew was 3rd, and Rebecca was 1st in the junior varsity division.

This weekend, the Washburn Debate Team opened its 2007-2008 campaign in Laramie, WY at the "Top of the Rockies" invitational debate tournament hosted by the University of Wyoming. Attending schools included Carroll, Central Missouri, Drury, William Jewell, California State-Long Beach, Montana, Northern Arizona, Oregon, Pacific, Rice, Texas Tech, Truman State, Wyoming, USAFA, and Utah.

Washburn cleared to single-elimination rounds all eight of its parliamentary debate teams and fifteen of its seventeen Lincoln Douglas debaters. Our overwhelming performance easily netted Washburn Debate the Overall Debate Sweepstakes at the "Top of the Rockies," tallying up an impressive 295 sweepstakes points. Rice and Caroll finished tied for second, each with 120 points. Interestingly enough, our tally in open parliamentary debate alone was more than 120 points.

In open parliamentary debate, Dane Anderson (sr.) and Rebecca Schmidt (so.) as well as Nathan Miller (sr.) and Shanna Carlson (jr.) were double octa-finalists; each bowing out to a higher seeded Washburn team. Annaleigh Curtis (sr.) and Marcus Shultz-Bergin (sr.) as well as Jeff Jones (so.) and Chris Neill (so.) were octa-finalists; each also bowing out to a higher seeded Washburn team. Daniel Usera (sr.) and Scottie Abbott (so.) were quarter-finalists. Jessica Otto (sr.) and Tyler Dooley (so.) were semi-finalists, while the team of Joe Allen (jr.) and Joelle Jasper (jr.) finished runner-ups in the final round.

In junior varsity parliamentary debate, Kelsey Fowler (so.) and Andrew Lake (fr.) were crowned tournament champions.

For parliamentary debate speaker awards, Annaleigh was 20th, Jeff was 19th, Daniel was 16th, Joe was 5th, Joelle was 4th, Tyler was 3 rd, and Jessica was 1st.

In open Lincoln Douglas debate, Jessica Otto, Nathan Miller, Joelle Jasper, Daniel Usera, Chris Neill, Barbi Warhurst, and Jeff Jones were all octa-finalists; all but Jessica and Barbi bowed out to a higher seeded Washburn competitor. Marcus Shultz-Bergin and Annaleigh Curtis were quarter-finalists; both bowing out to a higher seeded Washburn competitor. The trio of Tyler Dooley, Scottie Abbott and Joe Allen bested all other competitors to capture the open LD championship.

In junior varsity Lincoln Douglas debate, the trio of Andrew Lake, Kelsey Fowler and Rebecca Schmidt outlasted all other competitors to lock-up the championship round in junior varsity Lincoln Douglas.

For Lincoln Douglas debate speaker awards, Joe was 10th, Jessica was 7th, Tyler was 5th, Marcus was 3rd, and Annaleigh was 1st in the open division. Kelsey was 4th, Andrew was 3rd, and Rebecca was 1st in the junior varsity division.

Wrong forum. :)