DarthYoshi

Idolize This, Part Deux--official KS college results thread

As has been reported before - but apparently ignored -

Jessica Johnson (of Missouri State JM) is also from Kansas - just not east Kansas. She debated at Lyons HS for 4 years. Give the west their props.

The people who post results here are human. They miss things or don't always know who everyone is. In fact, a lot of the people who post results here openly ask for corrections in case their updates are incomplete. I'm pretty sure this isn't an EK-led conspiracy to screw the west over.

Wait, who am I kidding. Of course it's a conspiracy.

Chris Thomas missed this which is ok just pointing it out.

I'm quite certain the responce was one of clarification, not attacking anyone...

It was a good weekend for Kansans. Most notably at Harvard KU Jennings/Bricker made it to finals and dropped to Oklahoma. Jennings was 14th speaker, Bricker eleventh. Michigan FK dropped in Octas. At West Point George Mason HJ dropped to Liberty in JV finals. H was fifth speaker, but he's not from Kansas, he's not really even from this country. J was fourth.

Kurt Woolford was part of a close out in open finals at JMU this weekend. I watched him in partial octas, pretty impressive, especially considering that both he and his partner seemed to be suffering from throat ailments.

holy god. holy good god. WSU coleman/stone went 6 at wake forrest, beating Fullerton MM in round 8. by the way, that's a top 10 team.

holla at ya' boy!

our success is rarely at the expense of KU's. Please, give us this moment.

No joke. Let's show some civility here for God's sake.

calm down princess.

put your purse back in your mouth

and be quiet.

My purse is chalk full of 20's, which wouldn't be enough to buy you a good comeback. also, your 5 o'clock shadow hurts when you felate me.

love.

Wow, someone (or someones) just made the mistake of taking Chris Thomas seriously.

Chillax everyone. Wichita State and KU both deserve props for their performances at Wake, and Chris Thomas needs to cook up some insults that don't involve someone's mom. Love to both teams.

That's all, I'm done. Back to essay-writing.

Long time since anyone has posted on this...but Kansas JB just took first at the USC tournament, winning finals on a 3-0.

Long time since anyone has posted on this...but Kansas BJ just took first at the USC tournament, winning finals on a 3-0.

they actually like to be referred to as KU JB because KU BJ has a very inappropriate connotation

they actually like to be referred to as KU JB because KU BJ has a very inappropriate connotation

Whatever. If Brett or Andrew thinks I've grievously wronged them, they can backchannel me--I'm pretty sure at least one of them reads these boards, and besides, I'm not exactly difficult to track down. They've been referred to as KU BJ throughout the entire season both on here and on edebate without anyone saying anything inappropriate, so I was just following an established norm. Why you've chosen to make a big deal out of it now is beyond me.

Edited to say that I've changed the text of my original post. Incredulity for why an anonymous account is moaning about it now remains intact.

Whatever. If Brett or Andrew thinks I've grievously wronged them, they can backchannel me--I'm pretty sure at least one of them reads these boards, and besides, I'm not exactly difficult to track down. They've been referred to as KU BJ throughout the entire season both on here and on edebate without anyone saying anything inappropriate, so I was just following an established norm. Why you've chosen to make a big deal out of it now is beyond me.

Edited to say that I've changed the text of my original post. Incredulity for why an anonymous account is moaning about it now remains intact.

You're getting mocked and messed with. Calm down big guy.

Top Speakers:

Open/Varsity

5. Michael Mapes Mo State

18. Meggie Mapes Mo State

JV

1. Kelly Thompson, ESU

3. Jordan Hanson, K-State

4. Brett Farmer, K-State

5. Jessica Peters, JCCC

10. Tristan Tafolla, K-State

Out-Rounders:

Open/Varsity

KU QW (dropped in doubles to Bard SW)

Wake CW (dropped in doubles to Wake HM)

MoState MM (dropped in quarters to WSU CS)

KU JL (dropped in quarters to UMKC FG)

WSU CS (dropped in semis to MoSate MO)

MoState MO (I think the M is Michael Mapes, correct me if I'm wrong though...) (2nd place)

JV

KCKCC BT (dropped in octas to WSU AR)

KU AF (dropped in octas to OU JS)

JCCC ?? (dropped in octas to K-State HW)

K-State TT (dropped in octas to WSU SW)

WSU SW (dropped in quarters to ESU FT)

K-State HW (dropped in quarters to OU JS)

ESU FT (dropped in semis to WSU RS)

WSU AR and WSU RS - finals close-out

Congrats, KS. Great weekend.

Also, if I did it wrong or left anyone out, please feel free to correct me.