Sign in to follow this  
PhilsterT

New Here

I'm new here and please bare with me if I make a mistake but I had a few questions.

01 - This year our good coaches graduated (I've completed a year of debate and am starting a second) and the coache(s) this year are real dicks and just yelling at everyone. We don't do much drills, but I was wondering what kind of drills everyone else does? Reading (pen in mouth)...?

02 - [Kind of off topic,] but how do I use an avater for myself that is on my computer and not one of the preset ones?

P.S. - ANY information on this site and/or help with debate is appreciated. Last year I didn't try so much so I want to make a fresh start for myself and do much better this year. Please, anything is helpful (especially information about this site).

Hi Phil! Im fairly new myself, but I know enough to answer your questions.

01: Drills, at my school, we really dont do much in terms of drills. The coach just teaches us usually.

02: Cross-x.com forums uses a rewards program and you need 100 posts to get a 40 x 40 custom avatar. the more posts you do, the more options are open to you and naturally, you'll be able to use a bigger avatar than 40 x 40, but im not sure how many posts that takes

P.S- Lots on this site helps with debate. If your fairly new like I am, its only my second year and i didnt really compete a lot last year, then you can address your questions int he Novice section of the forum. If you are looking for a particular topic or asking a question for instance Rapid Reaction Force, you should always use the search option first to check to see if it has already been answered already.

The best 'drill' you can do is have practice debates in your spare time and have your coachs or older team mates stop you if you mess up in you speeches. It can be a bitch, but it helps.

Hey, thanks for your information.

I'll look into seeing if I can do some practice debates.

(P.S. - What's the difference in quick reply and normal reply?)

Thanks a lot for the starting information on this site--it looks great! I can't wait to become active.

Cross-x.com forums uses a rewards program and you need 100 posts to get a 40 x 40 custom avatar. the more posts you do, the more options are open to you and naturally, you'll be able to use a bigger avatar than 40 x 40, but im not sure how many posts that takes
well, the times must be a changin', when i first got here you could use a custom 40 x 40 avatar right away. meh. and yeah, to get a bigger avatar, you need 1000 posts or be elected a mod. same thing with the title under your name.

yeah, times must be changing. i was 6 months too late to get a custom avatar without 100 posts, oh well. I wonder what they'll change next.