Shuffy

Beat up on my aff thread.

oh and of course, we allow malthusians to discuss their ideas in the public sphere. eat the L/T

I considered saying this, but thought it was only a joke to those who went to UT. But, its a good joke anyway.

What happens to the other labs when the revolution comes, Alex?

they get a lead sandwich (the bullet). oh yea and the revolution is already here robert, dont forget, otherwise you will link also.

rights malthus doesnt link. we dont increase rights.

You know better.

"The aff claims that the Bush administration has ushered in a new era a biopolitics through the disqualification of life (katrina example), This goes uncontested within the status qou because of political apathy, and because of the movement away from a pure public sphere. The lift on the ban allows americorps memebers and anything it gives its grants too to be political (gives them the ability to criticize governement) where in the status qou that looking down on bush is seen as terroristic."

oh and of course, we allow malthusians to discuss their ideas in the public sphere. eat the L/T

No, that doesn't solve for anything, malthusians dont force people to not hurt the enviroment.

I want some of what yall are smoking in round rock! Besides right malthus is saying authoritainism now is better than total later...or maybe thats something else.

Might, as well learn form the best, outline your whole arguement of rimal within the context of this aff.

Oh noes, not ri-mal.

1. Authoritarianism coming in the squo Giroux 06

2. Free speech checks authoritarianism (dunno the cite)

3. Civic engagement leads to an increase in democracy (dunno the cite)

4. Auth k to solve crunch De Gues 96

5. Crunch is probably bad Ophuls 97

6. Auth now k to check toto later Ophuls and Boyan 92

Prolly Jonas 84 for framework and odds are there might be a liberalism bad impact.

Also, biopower is key to nuclear deterrence, and is probably inevitable.

You know better.

"The aff claims that the Bush administration has ushered in a new era a biopolitics through the disqualification of life (katrina example), This goes uncontested within the status qou because of political apathy, and because of the movement away from a pure public sphere. The lift on the ban allows americorps memebers and anything it gives its grants too to be political (gives them the ability to criticize governement) where in the status qou that looking down on bush is seen as terroristic."

No, that doesn't solve for anything, malthusians dont force people to not hurt the enviroment.

1. Authoritarianism coming in the squo Giroux 06

2. Free speech checks authoritarianism (dunno the cite)

3. Civic engagement leads to an increase in democracy (dunno the cite)

4. Auth k to solve crunch De Gues 96

5. Crunch is probably bad Ophuls 97

6. Auth now k to check toto later Ophuls and Boyan 92

Prolly Jonas 84 for framework and odds are there might be a liberalism bad impact.

Also, biopower is key to nuclear deterrence, and is probably inevitable.

unfortunatly your wrong. we solve neoliberalism which is the cause of rampant consumerism. thats an external link turn, we can concede we stop authoritarianism, we can stop the cause of crunch, consumerism.

jonas doesnt really apply since we dont claim an ethic or extinction.

biopower exists post plan, we dont stop it.

and i will have to throw in the oRphuls card nobody knows about, yea that one, you know what im talking about.

Deleted my AT post, b/c i knew that alex was going to laugh at bankey.

What ophuls card?

(1.)unfortunatly your wrong. we solve neoliberalism which is the cause of rampant consumerism. thats an external link turn, we can concede we stop authoritarianism, we can stop the cause of crunch, consumerism.

(2.)jonas doesnt really apply since we dont claim an ethic or extinction.

(3.)biopower exists post plan, we dont stop it.

(4.)and i will have to throw in the oRphuls card nobody knows about, yea that one, you know what im talking about.

1. Don't be dumb. Plan only drafts graduates which isn't the largest percentage of the population. So while those interested in higher education are wasting their time becoming flower children, the majority of the population are pushing out 9 to 5s or flipping burgers. You know what they are going to do with the money they earn? They are going to buy things. What, Consumerism is inevitable in a democratic system?

2. The point is to weigh a utilitarian framework over the dumbness of discursive implications.

3. I think you just conceded that you didnt solve for your first advantage.

4. Apparently I don't know about this card either. That is like saying that Father Zalmay would say that US Hegemony is a bad thing.

Otherwise Robert, hit me up on AIM if you want to get into a mini debate but clogging up this thread is dumb. Just ask yourself, what do you do about the military.

1. Don't be dumb. Plan only drafts graduates which isn't the largest percentage of the population. So while those interested in higher education are wasting their time becoming flower children, the majority of the population are pushing out 9 to 5s or flipping burgers. You know what they are going to do with the money they earn? They are going to buy things. What, Consumerism is inevitable in a democratic system?

2. The point is to weigh a utilitarian framework over the dumbness of discursive implications.

3. I think you just conceded that you didnt solve for your first advantage.

4. Apparently I don't know about this card either. That is like saying that Father Zalmay would say that US Hegemony is a bad thing.

1) unless you can prove that US authoritarianism would spill over world wide this arg is a moot point. remember anti-communism in the cold war? thats just gonna happen to us, anti-american authoriatarianism.

2) we fiat. that means we have real advantages. and also everything is a discursive implication, you sitting in silence means no impact cards get read, talking about stuff is all we got in debate.

3) once again power is a fluid entity, having good and bad facets. we solve for bad facets i.e. bush world, dont get robert started on bp.

4) Zalmay works for the devil (RAND)

i think the bp debate is finshed. rimal debate is always finished though, because its an unbeateable arguement haha.

sparks not illegitmate its just not good. simply impact turning any old arguement doesn't always work; wipeout being a good example, spark being a decent example. rimal is better because it links to everything, especially non nuke war scenarios, so you can read it every round including on the aff. not so much with spark.