CrapEatingMush

Baudrillard

Does anyone know the cite to the card that says fear of nuke war o/w a real one? It doesn't have to be by Baudrillard, it can be by any author, as long as it makes the arg.

u sir are stupid

Are you kidding me?

The hyperreal? Nuclear war is an idea created by the state to ensure tion?

All of his arguments are taken way out of context. Most of the kritiks written by him involve exaggerated arguments used by Baudrillard to prove his point, not as actual statements

There are much more credible authors out there than baudrillard.

i think im going to have to take karlin's side on this one...

u sir are stupid

i dont mean that in a demeaning way... more of just, go look at what your talking about before you say it. or atleast give some reasons on your point of view, not just dropping in on a thread and saying things like 'no me gusta...'

Are you kidding me?

The hyperreal? Nuclear war is an idea created by the state to ensure tion?

All of his arguments are taken way out of context. Most of the kritiks written by him involve exaggerated arguments used by Baudrillard to prove his point, not as actual statements

There are much more credible authors out there than baudrillard.

throwing buzz words around to indict his philosphy makes no sense. i dont know what that means "there are much more credible authors". I usually run baudrillard because the lack of AFF answers- threat-con/security is pretty easy to answer.

throwing buzz words around to indict his philosphy makes no sense. i dont know what that means "there are much more credible authors". I usually run baudrillard because the lack of AFF answers- threat-con/security is pretty easy to answer.

Maybe one big problem is that fact that he presents the idea that events are satellites that crash into the earth and affect what happens on a global scale. Why, Baudrillard, why? <to the heavens>

baudrillard discusses nukes in 'simulacra and simulations', though i'm not sure if that's what you're referring to under the heading 'fear of nuke war o/w real nuke war'. baudrillard says the proliferation of nuclear weapons decreases the chances they'll be used, since they end up integrating the armed nation into a stablized global order. for instance, when pakistan joins the nuclear club to increase its autonomy, to give it 'a range of defensive opitions', that's when the international pressures on it increase such that its decisions are more proscribed than before... in addition to the fact that it can never actually use the bomb that it's acquired. and yes, baudrillard sees this perpetual peace (through mutually assured destruction) as the worst danger, not because it may spark a nuclear war, but because it never will... and capitalism will go on indefinately. remember, for him the real tragedy is that real events no longer occur - we live in video game reality, where politicians read all their speeches off teleprompters and soldiers push buttons hundreds of miles away from the battlefield and folks live their lifeless lives through photos posted on their myspace profiles. in this constantly changing simulation where nothing really changes, a nuclear explosion might serve as a wake up call, but putting more of them into the hands of more nations only prolongs our virtual sleep.

kevin.sanchez@gmail.com