debategod23

Team's to beat 06-07

I am a force to be reckoned with. Seriously, I think I'm the best debater I know. Someone tell me I'm wrong.

In all fairness, everyone is far too distracted with Neal's good looks and debonair charm to determine whether or not he's a good debater or not.

And Tommy's pretty cool, I sense an inside joke coming on.

I can assure you there's no inside joke; if there is, it's only in Tommy's head.

I heard TOC Maven is Jamie Berk.

something tells me that if Jamie-Berk were TOCMAVEN (or visa-versa) he wouldnt be ranked lower than number 1

-Bill

something tells me that if Jamie-Berk were TOCMAVEN (or visa-versa) he wouldnt be ranked lower than number 1

-Bill

Real classy. Nice.

What's my element? FIRE EARTH WIND WATER HEART--BY YOUR POWERS COMBINED, I AM CAPTAIN PLANET!!!!!

Obviously. How can I when when im not a "debategod" like you? Its the only way to keep it fair.

no you cant, no you cant, no you cant, no you cant, no you cant, no you cant

ownd

Reading this thread an how Stephen Weil, Eric Lanning, and Brendan Bankey literally (and verbally) destroy everyone in their path shows the irony on how bad debaters turn out to be when they trash talk other people.

I would like to take this opportunity to point out how utterly correct Bankey was.

First of all, Eric and Leah were in Semis, quite the feat at that. 2nd, Stephen Weil was, and remains, one of the best debaters currently debating. Stephen Weil won the Copeland award as a junior and was top speaker of the NDT. Quite good I hear. Eric Lanning then continued his career of being a COMPLETE AND UTTER BADASS into college where he and his partner Karly Wunderlich , at Michigan State University, defeated Stephen Weil and Oavis Inamullah (yet another person predicted to be quite talented from this thread) on what I hear was VERY close 3-2 decision (source: Bricker, who watched the round) in Quarters (octos? I think quarters) of the NDT only to then proceed to win the entirety of that thing called the National Debate Tournament as a Junior (Eric Lanning) and senior (Karly) partnership.

Not only this, but I had the opportunity to meet Eric Lanning (I KNOW I KNOW! I almost got his autograph too! [also, it's odd that I never met him prior. Apparently he was very close friends with most of the people from my high school and I heard his name thrown around a lot]) and he is also a gentleman and a scholar. And absolutely hilarious. Did I mention he was 2nd speaker and 2nd seed at the NDT? Oh yeah, that. Leah also broke at that ever-so-prestigious tournament we call the NDT and (I believe) lost in octos, the same round that Bankey himself debated in with former "Westwood A" debater Michael Hart.

TL;DR: Eric Lanning, Stephen Weil, and Oavis Inamullah, Leah (no clue what your last name is) are BAMFs and Bankey was spot on.

• Upvote 1

I would like to take this opportunity to point out how utterly correct Bankey was.

First of all, Eric and Leah were in Semis, quite the feat at that. 2nd, Stephen Weil was, and remains, one of the best debaters currently debating. Stephen Weil won the Copeland award as a junior and was top speaker of the NDT. Quite good I hear. Eric Lanning then continued his career of being a COMPLETE AND UTTER BADASS into college where he and his partner Karly Wunderlich , at Michigan State University, defeated Stephen Weil and Oavis Inamullah (yet another person predicted to be quite talented from this thread) on what I hear was VERY close 3-2 decision (source: Bricker, who watched the round) in Quarters (octos? I think quarters) of the NDT only to then proceed to win the entirety of that thing called the National Debate Tournament as a Junior (Eric Lanning) and senior (Karly) partnership.

Not only this, but I had the opportunity to meet Eric Lanning (I KNOW I KNOW! I almost got his autograph too! [also, it's odd that I never met him prior. Apparently he was very close friends with most of the people from my high school and I heard his name thrown around a lot]) and he is also a gentleman and a scholar. And absolutely hilarious. Did I mention he was 2nd speaker and 2nd seed at the NDT? Oh yeah, that. Leah also broke at that ever-so-prestigious tournament we call the NDT and (I believe) lost in octos, the same round that Bankey himself debated in with former "Westwood A" debater Michael Hart.

TL;DR: Eric Lanning, Stephen Weil, and Oavis Inamullah, Leah Moczulski are BAMFs and Bankey was spot on.

Fact check: Leah M. went 4-4 at the NDT this year and didn't clear, though she did clear to octas at ceda.

http://commweb.fullerton.edu/jbruschke/web/WarmRoom.aspx?ID=97

... I was working off memory but I could've sworn Gonzo had at least one team clear at the NDT. My memory is terrible. Still, Leah remains a BAMF.

Fair enough. Both gonzo teams went 4-4.

... Still, Leah remains a BAMF.

true

why hasn't anybody gotten indignant about the title yet. it's teams, not team's. apostrophe-S denotes possession. "to beat 06-07" does not belong to "team". it's teams damnit.

on another note, leah and eric do suck. i've seen them debate. they only have three hands between the two of them, so don't expect much out of them.

think i'm kidding? here are the teams they HAVEN'T beaten...

Bishop Guertin EP

Celebration DH

Centerville JW

Chattahoochee DN

CR Wash JV

GBN FF

GBS CL

GDS ZZ

Greenhill AP

Lexington DS

Notre Dame KM

Westminster SW

(these teams are listed in order of how good they are, which just so happens to also be alphabetically)

I bet they feel stupid....

... I was working off memory but I could've sworn Gonzo had at least one team clear at the NDT. My memory is terrible. Still, Leah remains a BAMF.

At least I'm still a BAMF.

TL;DR: Eric Lanning, Stephen Weil, and Oavis Inamullah, Leah (no clue what your last name is) are BAMFs and Bankey was spot on.

Thank you for the kind words. To clear things up:

Ovais (not Oavis)

Carly (not Karly)

Brendon (not Brendan)

Emory IW lost in the quarters.

We did indeed lose in the octas.

I have also had the chance to interact with the mythical one they call Eric Lanning. It only happened once long ago and I don't think I will ever have an experience as uniquely fulfilling.

More importantly, Peter Susko 4 life.