debategod23

Team's to beat 06-07

oak park river forest. enough said

JLib got third speaker at the Michigan Camp Tournament, bitch.

Where is James Hamarie, the Burlington debaters, and Hanover on these lists?

Other teams that will do well even if they aren't "The Top Level TOC Teams to beat".

Jenks MS

Booker T Washington CK

Westwood A

Yorktown A

St. Mary's Hall A (CS?)

Westlake JM

Hooch B

also Round Rock BM...they will throat-punch you

• Upvote 1

just to throw my 2 cents into the eric-leah discussion, i think another reason they should be ranked very high up is their flexibility. They beat shumaila and I very solidly when, on the aff, we weren't interacting with the resolution. I told a story and read a card or two for the 1AC, and they stuck to their guns.

• Upvote 2

yah burlington ian hemley deserves a spot the the list, and lex still has some good debaters, jack mizerak and kelcey savage are pretty solid debaters. yah BG has a team to beat next year too

just to throw my 2 cents into the eric-leah discussion, i think another reason they should be ranked very high up is their flexibility. They beat shumaila and I very solidly when, on the aff, we weren't interacting with the resolution. I told a story and read a card or two for the 1AC, and they stuck to their guns.

i heard spanish river suck.

• Downvote 2

Jonathan Sidney Head Royce, his partner is a total dumass that doesn't know how to debate, but it just makes his greatness shine even greater

this kid's a genius.

i heard eric and leah suck

uh oh

Le sigh. Someone can't read. If you were to perhaps read the ridiculously long post I dropped last night or maybe ask your partner, I am sure you would stand corrected.

Nevada Union A

I hear good things about this team for more than just Gabe. Iris, She is Fast, she is Clear, She is deadly, one of the smartest people ever to grace the Pacific Northwest. Ranking one of the top speaker at the GDI SCHOLARS tournament. Dragging some girl to quarters in the 2 week tournament, and dropping only four ballots, one of which to the kids who won the tournament, and two to a Lexington Team, oh and i forgot to mention getting 4th SPEAKER. Utterly Amazing. Her 1AR will cut you into more then just pieces. Fast, and puts the 2NR into a scary position.

On top of that, her 2NC would spread even her out in the 1AR. Strategically always on top of her game. Her+Gabe=Hope you dont hit them.

Ever.

• Downvote 1

Other teams that will do well even if they aren't "The Top Level TOC Teams to beat".

Jenks MS

Booker T Washington CK

Westwood A

Yorktown A

St. Mary's Hall A (CS?)

Westlake JM

Hooch B

no need to be modest bankey,

round rock A

• Upvote 1

why hasn't anybody gotten indignant about the title yet. it's teams, not team's. apostrophe-S denotes possession. "to beat 06-07" does not belong to "team". it's teams damnit.

on another note, leah and eric do suck. i've seen them debate. they only have three hands between the two of them, so don't expect much out of them.

think i'm kidding? here are the teams they HAVEN'T beaten...

Bishop Guertin EP

Celebration DH

Centerville JW

Chattahoochee DN

CR Wash JV

GBN FF

GBS CL

GDS ZZ

Greenhill AP

Lexington DS

Notre Dame KM

Westminster SW

(these teams are listed in order of how good they are, which just so happens to also be alphabetically)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, it's a kind of pointless discussion, isn't it? You can only argue for so long about whether they 'suck' or not, there's only one way to find out.

Oh, and I think it's kind of ironically funny that you criticized the topic author for not using proper grammar, yet you didn't manage to capitalize the first letter of any single sentence there. I just thought I'd point that out :)

• Upvote 1

on another note, leah and eric do suck. i've seen them debate. they only have three hands between the two of them, so don't expect much out of them.

Thanks Danny, Thanks a lot.

• Upvote 1

why hasn't anybody gotten indignant about the title yet. it's teams, not team's. apostrophe-S denotes possession. "to beat 06-07" does not belong to "team". it's teams damnit.

think i'm kidding? here are the teams they HAVEN'T beaten...

Bishop Guertin EP

Celebration DH

Centerville JW

Chattahoochee DN

CR Wash JV

GBN FF

GBS CL

GDS ZZ

Greenhill AP

Lexington DS

Notre Dame KM

Westminster SW

(these teams are listed in order of how good they are, which just so happens to also be alphabetically)

just to show why your "analysis" of eric and leah shouldn't be taken seriously...

you say that the list is in order of how good they are

but, the team that won the TOC isn't at the top of the list, and the person who won the TOC as a sophomore is at the bottom

not to mention that none of those exact teams will exist THIS season, prompting the question, who gives a shit?

eric and leah are fucking badasses

• Upvote 1

eric and leah are fucking badasses

Although true, the correct term is 'BAMF'.

Hey kids lets not get into petty fights, the point of this thread (at least my interpretation) isnt to degrade other teams, it is to point out which teams have good chances of being successful on the national service topic. Saying that X team sucks not only doesnt accomplish anything, but it makes people feel bad. Every team mentioned so far on this thread had a positive record last year and on that basis alone, noone sucks or is "fucking horrible". Besides the season hasnt even started yet.

Play nice.