Sign in to follow this  
GHSDebaterEW

Death...please read

To the friends of Mani Kamineni....

With sadness and pain the Mills E. Godwin High School debate team regrets to inform the debate community of a tragedy that our team has suffered.

On July 29, Mani, his dad and his neighbors, who are very close friends of theirs took a trip to the beach. Mani's father was taking him for the first time in almost five or six years. As Mani was playing in the ocean on a sandbar a wave took him under. The Coast Guards and lifeguards searched for Mani and recovered his body after about an hour and were not able to revive him.

We are all grieving and remembering the life of this wonderful debator and friend. There will be a public viewing on Monday July 31 from 6:00-7:30 PMat

AD Price Funeral Home

212 East Leigh Street

Richmond, VA 23219

ph# 804-648-8361

There will also be a Memorial Service to honor Mani's life on Tuesday August 1 at

Hindu Center of Virgina

8:00-9:30 PM

Directions can be found here:

http://maps.yahoo.com/py/ddResults.py?Pyt=Tmaps&doit=1&newdesc=newczs=&newtaddr=6051%20Springfield%20Road&newtcsz=Glen%Allen+Virgina&Get%A0Directions=Get+Directions

We will gladly welcome any of you who would like to come.

Please keep up in your thoughts.

If you have any questions please contact Emily Walker (804) 516-6552.

My prayers go out to Mani's family and friends. Mani was a great guy and a lot of fun at debate camp the summer of 2005. Lauren Fox and I will be attending the prayer service on Tuesday.

--Elizabeth

I remember Mani quite well, he was a good debater and a very nice person. I'm sorry to hear that yet another young person was taken from us!!:(

H.

From the little i knew personally of Mani, he was a great person. I remember our only round against him as fun and friendly, which is such a gift for debaters to have, kindness. My thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and family. :(

Mani and those who loved him will be remembered in my prayers today...

losing someone you coached has a different feel. mani was a great kid.

brennan

I have been out of the country and came back to find this incredibly sad news. Nothing I can say can take away the pain of the loss of a son or of a teammate. My heart goes out to Mani's parents and his teammates at Godwin. Know that my thoughts are with you.

Mrs. A

Woodrow Wilson HS