duallain

Torrent stuff

Yo Ernie,

DDI isn't done yet... no one has it... I will sendspace it after I have it for a little while (thus I can trade for other camps that I can upload).

thanks man, i wasnt sure if it was out yet or not

i have been looking for ddi for a while and i cant seem to find it. does this seem a possibility to make a torrent or put on sendspace etc.??

I don't think DDI is over yet, hence why no one is seeding it. Unless you mean DJW.

Is there anyway to reseed once you've closed bittorent, cause I was seeding several files but the file I was downloading screwed up and I had to close bittorrent ?

Is there anyway to reseed once you've closed bittorent, cause I was seeding several files but the file I was downloading screwed up and I had to close bittorrent ?

as far as i know, when you click remove on a seeding torrent, you are screwed. ive tried to find a way to get it back, but i dont think there is a way. if im wrong, someone do tell.

If you download the .torrent again, when loading it in your program choose the same location, it will do a check, and then start seeding.

If you need more detail, just tell me what program you're using.

im talking about ddi

If by ddi you mean the Darthmouth Debate Institute then it's not over until Aug. 13th. If you mean something else spell out the camp;s name so people will know what you're talking about.

hey i dont get the whole thing about the boxes..and how come when i try and download the torrent it my azurues doesnt download it? sorry...new to this

hey i dont get the whole thing about the boxes..and how come when i try and download the torrent it my azurues doesnt download it? sorry...new to this

its prolly cause not a whole lot of people are seeding it, just let it sit there..

just right click and "Save File As"
Tried that, and get things like "Michigan 7 week shared.torrent.orrent" or "UMKC.torrent," neither of which function correctly when downloaded. Changing the file names doesn't help. I'm not sure these are proper torrent files (since I've had no difficulty with several other files that end in "zip.torrent" or "rar.torrent"). There are several files that DON'T end in "zip.torrent" or "rar.torrent" and I haven't been able to make any of them work (although I have gotten some of them from the sendspace page). Any clues, folks?

Tried that, and get things like "Michigan 7 week shared.torrent.orrent" or "UMKC.torrent," neither of which function correctly when downloaded. Changing the file names doesn't help. I'm not sure these are proper torrent files (since I've had no difficulty with several other files that end in "zip.torrent" or "rar.torrent"). There are several files that DON'T end in "zip.torrent" or "rar.torrent" and I haven't been able to make any of them work (although I have gotten some of them from the sendspace page). Any clues, folks?

I downloaded "winace" and was able to open them, then store them as PDFs on a disc. I'm pretty slow/basic about stuff like that, but managed to muddle through it

I downloaded "winace" and was able to open them, then store them as PDFs on a disc. I'm pretty slow/basic about stuff like that, but managed to muddle through it
Me too. To clarify: I'm on a Macbook, and I've had no difficulties with files ending in "zip.torrent" or "rar.torrent." They work just fine with the software I have (BitTorrent, UnRarX, CocoaZip). I'm just having trouble with files that DON'T end in those extensions...

yeah i thought that seeding was the problem...so i think you guys should seed the files...cause i am seeding the ones i downloaded...i am gonna put in SCFI when i get it on a disk later this month....

Me too. To clarify: I'm on a Macbook, and I've had no difficulties with files ending in "zip.torrent" or "rar.torrent." They work just fine with the software I have (BitTorrent, UnRarX, CocoaZip). I'm just having trouble with files that DON'T end in those extensions...

Transmission(on os x) handled everything fine, try that instead of BitTorrent maybe.

Transmission(on os x) handled everything fine, try that instead of BitTorrent maybe.
BitTorrent handled the vast majority of the files just fine. I don't think the software is the problem. The error messages I get when I try to work with the files without "zip.torrent" or "rar.torrent" as their extensions suggest that there are problems with the files themselves. Have you used Transmission successfully on UMKC or the Michigan 7 week files (two of the ones with unusual file extensions)?