JustinP

Camp Affs list

yo coolmew, what is the plan for the private military corporations?

The TIPS Affs are going to be a headache for straightup teams that don't wish to engage the K; I've read at least 4 or 5 critical lit. articles that specifically indict TIPS. It could prove a really engaging debate full of clash as to the warrants of the K... or maybe just another really bad and frustrating framework debate.

GDI Scholars is cutting DADT and others to be determined later.

Just a few answers for the supporters of indigenous people and ward chruchill.

1. The claim about the mandans is undocumented via the sources investigated is not something that can be proven, and was not giving credence to stories passed down from generations of indigenous peoples.

2. The claim that there is no "blood quantum" requirements in the federal legislation by the investigative committee does not even understand what it is like to try and claim benefits from your nation as a native american.

3. They are arguing links -- Not his impacts, keep this in mind. They do not have link turns as we say in debate, only link outs -- IE - you cant prove this.....

The best argument in the investigation was the claims that churchill admitted to writing an article in a book, and then siging someone elses name to it, that did exist, but did not actually write the article. Then he cited the article in other books.

peace

Jackie Massey

from Oklahoma

Interesting..we cut the end of the article how we shouldnt cry wolf all the time. Never got to use the ev. though.

Thanks for you insight however. !

I am trying to develop an Aff but I need some ideas for plan texts. Could you all please post some examples of what the plan texts might comprise of for this year?

• Downvote 1

wouldn't a PMCs aff work better as ban PMCs, cuz they technically aren't part of the armed forces and there is loads of evidence saying that they steal special forces from the military and hurt retention rates.

wouldn't a PMCs aff work better as ban PMCs, cuz they technically aren't part of the armed forces and there is loads of evidence saying that they steal special forces from the military and hurt retention rates.
But is there evidence saying that people are actually being turned away from the armed forces because of PMCs? In other words, how would this be increasing # of people serving? At this point I can't believe that the military would be turning away anyone(except gay linguists :rolleyes: ).

i didnt say it was a good case, its inherently effectual topical, but i'm saying that adding PMCs wouldnt do anything to increase number of people

and yes i have the evidence:

Center for American Progress, December 2004 [“For Soldier and Country: Saving the All Volunteer Army,” http://www.americanprogress.org/atf/cf/%7BE9245FE4-9A2B-43C7-A521-5D6FF2E06E03%7D/Ch7-Army.pdf]

The Pentagon is also having difficulty keeping enough experienced Special Forces personnel on active duty as more and more of these elite warriors are beginning to accept offers from private security contractors who are performing military functions in Iraq and Afghanistan.58 Ironically, we need to use so many private security contractors because the Special Forces are not large enough to carry out all of the functions they are assigned. The taxpayer thus ends up paying twice, once to train the personnel for the Special Forces and then again for contractor services. These contractors pay up to $1,000 per day for work in war zones such as Iraq, far above the average military salary.59 Last year, the Special Forces units were manned only at the 85 percent level.60

I don't think I made myself clear. I wasn't criticizing the case, I was just wondering if the evidence was out there. I hadn't thought about people actually leaving the armed forces to join PMCs.

Nice card BTW. Could be used as an advantage card for the aff you're talking about as well as A DA link for the "add PMCs" Aff.

G-36 is cutting americorp funding, womyn draft, learn & serve, peace corps, and immigrant army. No news on neg yet.

all right, can someone tell me what X-Corps is?!?! I see it on the front page but no where in the actual thread....

X is a variable used to hold a place for a word, like peace, ameri, etc.

it might be more beneficial to include plan texts, rather than just phrases like "X-Corps". that way we can get a real feel for the diversity of the topic. Just a thought though.

I know, people. I'm trying to edit in plan text and stuff, but no one is posting any. And the XCore reference is an actual aff, apparently- Sherry Hall told us that it was the name of a real aff. Who knows...

Sorry I haven't updated the list recently- I'm at UTNIF so I haven't had much time.

unt seniors = dadt, housing bonuses, critical draft

and I'm curious as to how UNT is making the draft affirmative critical?