Sign in to follow this  
Shayan Makani

TFA Tournament Calendar

does anyone know exactly how tentative this schedule is?

it seems like half of the austin circuit season from last year is gone...

off the top of my head i don't see SFA, roundrock, stony point, LBJ, akins or jack c hays

maybe a couple of these are on there and i didn't spend enough time looking but there have to be at least two or three that are most conspicuously missing

are they not hosting tournaments or is there still time for them to get in whatever paperwork needs to be done?

• Downvote 1

does anyone know exactly how tentative this schedule is?

it seems like half of the austin circuit season from last year is gone...

off the top of my head i don't see SFA, roundrock, stony point, LBJ, akins or jack c hays

maybe a couple of these are on there and i didn't spend enough time looking but there have to be at least two or three that are most conspicuously missing

are they not hosting tournaments or is there still time for them to get in whatever paperwork needs to be done?

the same thing seems to be true of the dallas area

What major tournaments are we missing?

I don't think there are any MAJOR tournaments missing. Arlington (October/Novemberish) and Allen (first week of Feb) usually host tourneys, which aren't on the calendar. They might have chosen not to have one this year.

Also, Greenhill and St. Mark's aren't on the TFA calendar. (Maybe because they're TOC bid tournaments?) Judging from previous years, Greenhill will probably be the weekend of 9/15 and St. Marks around 10/20.

I don't think there are any MAJOR tournaments missing. Arlington (October/Novemberish) and Allen (first week of Feb) usually host tourneys, which aren't on the calendar. They might have chosen not to have one this year.

Though they've hosted tournaments in the past, Arlington High School did not hold one this past year, either.

As for Allen, I don't see them on the calendar, you're correct.

Also, Greenhill and St. Mark's aren't on the TFA calendar. (Maybe because they're TOC bid tournaments?) Judging from previous years, Greenhill will probably be the weekend of 9/15 and St. Marks around 10/20.

Greenhill is not a TFA-qualifying tournament, which is why it is not on the calendar.

To my knowldge, the exact dates for the Greenhill and St. Mark's tournaments are as follows:

September 14-15, 2006 - Greenhill School Round Robin

September 16-18, 2006 - Greenhill School Tournament

October 20-23, 2006 - Heart of Texas Invitational (St. Mark's School of Texas)

Mark's is a TFA tournament, though.

Or at least it was 04-05.

Mark's is a TFA tournament, though.

Or at least it was 04-05.

That's true.

I'm not sure why it's not on the calendar. They might not be following the TFA rules anymore.

There will still be some schools who apply to host tournaments. In reality, the calendar isn't firmed up until the TFA Executive Committee meeting in August. Even then, some schools submit applications after that, which get voted on at the TFA state convention in October.

Yes, in the past St. Mark's has been a TFA qualifier.

For anyone who is sanguine about the state of forensics in Texas, I simply point to the tournament calendar. It's certainly not as robust as in past years.

Although it is not on the calendar yet, Stephen F. Austin High School in Austin, Texas will host our 22nd Annual Capital City Classic on November 3-4, 2006. We will have yet another great tournament. We have one of the largest tournaments in the Austin area and perhaps the state of Texas. Last year, we broke to a full octofinal round in policy debate and we hope to have even greater numbers this year. We'd love to be joined by more schools from Houston and Dallas. We will post more information once school starts, but I know some folks are looking to plan their travel schedules based on the May 25th calendar.

Kelcey O'Quinn from Churchill has already promised he would return to defend his last 2 tournament victories and undefeated records in 2004 and 2005. Anyone that needs a recommendation for this tournament, look no futher than the Churchill squad.

Please let us know if you need more information about the tournament this summer. austindebate@hotmail.com

Thanks for you interest and we hope to see you all in November!

-Jakob Stewart

We just pwned Allen out of existence.

Jk, love <3

We just pwned Allen out of existence.

Jk, love <3