ghengis

The "Spec List"

spec-spec.

i tried that one round when an aff speced like enforcement, funding, and agent. "the aff must spec in list format what all they are spec-ing, otherwise i get confused about what grund i actually have and this whole debate goes down the crapper."

• Downvote 2

D-SPEC

Debate specification. For one-card narrative 1AC's that make you want to burn your flow.

Interpretation- aff must specify what debate they want to participate in by reading the appropriate first constructive.

Violation- You just did a power triangle, enjoy PF.

Standards-

A. Muscle abuse: If we wanted a public forum debate, we wouldn't have strained our arms pushing the tubs into this room. This is an independent voter for cramps.

B. Education: Everyone knows that policy is the most real-world of the debates and just because you want to bitch about spreading doesn't mean that those who understand it won't learn.

C. Framers intent: This is the only time that framers' intent is a viable argument in a debate round. They wanted policy debates.

D. Fairness: Even though policy kids could debate PF with one hand tied behind their back, it's still unfair to violate the name of the debate.

1. And, fairness is key to predictability: We can't predict you guys pulling this stunt, this destroys pre-round prep and skews 1NC strat.

Vote on D-SPEC for reasons of making the judge cry for the sake of the practice.

something that really bugs me is when people are so afraid of the SSA PIC/K that they have to write "topically designated areas" instead of just saying "sub-Saharan Africa." So then I get out my T-spec (topic specification) shell.

A. interpretation - the aff must specify what topic they utilize as a function of their plan text.

B. violation - they don't.

C. standards

1. Predictability - we can't predict what resolution out of 67 they'll use.

2. Ground - we can't run our SSA PIC's.

D. Voter for fairness and jurisdiction.

something that really bugs me is when people are so afraid of the SSA PIC/K that they have to write "topically designated areas" instead of just saying "sub-Saharan Africa." So then I get out my T-spec (topic specification) shell.

A. interpretation - the aff must specify what topic they utilize as a function of their plan text.

B. violation - they don't.

C. standards

1. Predictability - we can't predict what resolution out of 67 they'll use.

2. Ground - we can't run our SSA PIC's.

D. Voter for fairness and jurisdiction.

FUKKEN SAVED!

Did we get USfg Spec yet?

USFG = United States Faceter's Guild

USFG = United States Federal Government

USFG = United States Financial Group, Inc

USFG = United States Fish and Game

USFG = University Student Fibers Guild

The USFG = The Ultra Sexy Female Gender

spec's actually have legitimacy.

Really? i think the following quote proves you wrong. you be the judge.

once again - F-spec is by far the greatest -

aff doesn't specify which congress person they have to fuck to get the plan passed in real life. cmon - it > all

ISPEC rocks... you have no clue, i once ran it against a narrative and almost won on it

• Downvote 1

condom spec

Normal means = Trojan

Really? i think the following quote proves you wrong. you be the judge.

Wow, you're an idiot. If you haven't noticed, this thread is supposed to be humorous. 99% of the specs listed here aren't real.

However, spec arguments such as actor, enforcement, funding, etc. can actually make sense. Round 1 at Harvard we were hitting Refugees and won on T-PHA w/ E-Spec. Stop totalizing.

N-Spec - What type of nuclear weapons will be used in their nuclear war impacts. Key to ground over effectiveness/destructiveness of Nuke War.

MF-Spec - when a team defends some sort of military action, they have to explain what exactly they will do (numbers, strategy, branches, etc.). Key to debating military policy, and to CP ground (Marine CP, SEAL CP, Special Ops CP).

Man, nobody listed Time Cube SPEC yet, aff must specify which of the four sides of the time cube plan is passed on. Key to side-specific DAs and solvency attacks, and single-side PICs.

Jargon-SPEC, aff must explain all debate jargon in laymen's terms before using it; key to understanding plan because I'm a novice.

2AR-SPEC, aff must speciy what they'll go for in the 2AR

Diet-SPEC, aff must specify if they're vegitarians, vegans, fructarians, breatharians, etc. Key to my vegan K.

Om-nom-nom-SPEC, aff must specify what C is for. Key to my "C is for Cookie" case flaw argument.

• Upvote 1

z-spec

what flavor of zizek they're reading

haha i was at berkeley and these kids read F-spec and i laughed at the 1NR when he said he was going for five minutes of F-spec because i thought he was joking.

apparently, he wasn't.

• Upvote 2

Guest fizelly27

demining spec

specify what demining technqiue you use

Pimp spec: The affirmative does not specify what pimps Wes and I are. This is bad because it lowers our self esteme and makes us quit debate. Voter for fairness, abuse, and our education.

This argument should be added to the list. It has beaten top ranked national debate squads on the college circuit.