ghengis

The "Spec List"

Since there's always been such a demand for this, I'll post a list of all the spec arguments I know. Feel free to post any additions.

This by no means should indicate any endorsement of specification arguments. I think they're timesucks, and have no place in a decent debate round. This thread is simply intended to end the constant demands for a complete list of the specifications.

Specifications:

Agent

Author

Ballot

Budget

Bush

Death

Discourse

Enforcement

Evidence

Exact Significance

Fiat

Funding

Ground

Harms

Impact

Implementation

Individual Microagents

Inherent Barrier/Inherency

Jurisdiction

Justification

Kritikal

Objective

Over-

Paradigm

Parameter

Passage

Politics

Plan

Qualification

Resolution

Solvency Advocate

Specification

Support

Time

Topicality

Under

Vagueness

Veto

• Upvote 1

I think they're timesucks, and have no place in a decent debate round. This thread is simply intended to end the constant demands for a complete list of the specifications.

hes joking. an aff is required to spec every single one of thoes in their plan text and absense of is punishable by death

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

congressman specification, the aff does not specify which congressmen vote for the plan, thus destroying the negs ability to counterplan to have different ones do it.

• Upvote 5

How has everyone forgotten the oh-so-deadly Highlighter Specification. If they have multiple colors of highlighter, they should be required to specify which ones they read. And OF COURSE cross-x doesn't check.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How has everyone forgotten the oh-so-deadly Highlighter Specification. If they have multiple colors of highlighter, they should be required to specify which ones they read. And OF COURSE cross-x doesn't check.

i'm pretty sure that was a WGLF argument.

• Upvote 2

i'm pretty sure that was a WGLF argument.

so are half the things listed on this thread

but I think Greenstein actually ran this once--I'm not sure so don't quote me on that. But hey, he loves him some specification.

• Upvote 1

so are half the things listed on this thread

but I think Greenstein actually ran this once--I'm not sure so don't quote me on that. But hey, he loves him some specification.

I think my friend recorded Greenstein's "Winning on Nothing" lecture from SDI this year, and I beleive that he (my friend, that is) mentioned highlighter spec. I'll see if I can get the recording...

I think my friend recorded Greenstein's "Winning on Nothing" lecture from SDI this year, and I beleive that he (my friend, that is) mentioned highlighter spec. I'll see if I can get the recording...

I attended this. I don't remember hilighter spec coming into it, but I could be wrong.

• Downvote 1

Loser Specification - LSPEC (Key to reason to debate ground)

Camp Specification - CSPEC (Key to pull the case neg up on my laptop)

Speaker Point Specification - SPOSPEC (Key to know if I should stay for the award ceremony)

Currency Specification - CSPEC (Key to my euro cp ground)

People Specification - PSPEC (Key to know who won't follow the plan to take out solvency)

Religion Specification - RSPEC (Key to my allah cp and jesus DA)

Neg Strategy Specification - NSTRASPEC (Key to know how to beat the aff)

Concede Specification - CSPEC (Key to know what to run against affs to make them concede rounds)

Legal Powers Specification - LPOSPEC (Key to know what process cps there are)

Link Specification - LSPEC (Key to know what the plan links to so they can't link turn a DA)

I HAVE TONS MORE!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1