Sign in to follow this  
Sarah Spring

Apply to the Miami Debate Institute

There is still plenty of time to apply to both the Redhawk and the Scholars Institutes. Go to Miamidebate.blogspot.com and click the apply link.

It's a great choice to go to Miami. The first year of Miami workshop graduates achieved outstanding success at the 2006 Tournament of Champions at the University of Kentucky this past weekend.

Abe Corrigan (Glenbrook South, IL) reached the final round of the tournament. He and his partner were also the third seed in the preliminary rounds.

Will Sears (Lexington, MA) who is awesome and was in semis despite some indication otherwise. And the team of Eli Jacobs and Alec Wright (Centerville, OH) reached the quarter-finals.

Sam Caporal (Lexington, MA) was the 8ths peaker and Eli Jacobs was 10th.

At least two of the five juniors that reached the octa-finals will be attending this summer - Eli Jacobs and Ovais Inamullah (Chattahoochee, GA).

Other Miami grads who qualified for the TOC included: James Joseph (St. Augustine), Stefan Jiang (Chattahoochee), and Kurt Woolford (Wichita East, KS).

Will Sears (Lexington, MA) who is awesome and was in semis despite some indication otherwise.

Out of purely idle curiousity, how did the idea start that he dropped in quarters? It seems persistent.

By the way, he had a partner, Daniel del Nido. I think it's nice to acknowledge partners, even when that doesn't serve an immediate utility for an advertisement. After all, the ad space is free.

I think Steve just made a typing error in our first ad about it and I didn't closely follow the TOC so I just copied his error.

Sorry about any disservice. I definately think Will and Daniel are great debaters.

Sarah

We give scholarships for UDL students and to others on a case by case basis. If you apply or email us either a spmancuso at aol.com or spring.sarah at gmail.com we can talk to you about the situation.

Sarah