Debate1234

SDI (Michigan State) 2005

hey, im going to the 3-week, and was wondering what's in store for me, what do we do?

also id like to apologize to my team, im arrogant and rude, and i hope they can forgive me, and a personal sry to spike..

hey, im going to the 3-week, and was wondering what's in store for me, what do we do?

also id like to apologize to my team, im arrogant and rude, and i hope they can forgive me, and a personal sry to spike..

apology accepted. just remember, you know i can destroy anybody on the team and austin and i not qualifying to state was a load of shit.

SDI 3 has a lot in store for you. its a surprise, and i will let it unravel as it comes to you.

Greenstein was the coolest person, by far, and I wasn't even in his lab. That man was amazing.

heheheh, Darryl Burch beats Greenstein, hands down

I went to SDI Last year and had a blast. If you have any questions about SDI I will be glad to answer them.

You can reach me on AIM: JackassFencer

SDI WAS THE SHIT!

I've tried telling them that....that doesn't help at all, but thanks...

i also have a similar problem in that i have previous engagements with my church and had to work around that. i'm attending the north texas institute for 2 weeks as well as the heart of america in kansas for 2 weeks. look into those...they are easily workable dates.

i dont think that this has been covered but if it has im sorry. i am hopefully going to get to attend the 3 week program and i was just wondering what i would be able to expect as far as the volume of evidence on the evidence cd that the website says is distributed at the end of the camp. it would be great if one of you folks who has already gone could fill me in. i.e. numbers like x number of da's and so forth. thanks a lot.

i dont think that this has been covered but if it has im sorry. i am hopefully going to get to attend the 3 week program and i was just wondering what i would be able to expect as far as the volume of evidence on the evidence cd that the website says is distributed at the end of the camp. it would be great if one of you folks who has already gone could fill me in. i.e. numbers like x number of da's and so forth. thanks a lot.

That shouldnt matter dude. you get alot of evidence, but its are you able to run it.

whoever gets andy liu as a lab leader/assistant will be lucky. he is cool.

thanks for the insight.

Hey Katelyn! Hope you're doing well. Are you going to 2-week SDI this summer?

Nope, I'll be at 3 week. Are you only going for two? Because that would be really sad. We should definatly hang out.

Nope, I'll be at 3 week. Are you only going for two? Because that would be really sad. We should definatly hang out.

Yeah, I'll only be there for 2-week because the lab leaders I want are leading a 2-week lab, but yes, we should definitely hang out:-)

is 3 week camp good how is the edvidence/ # of rounds/ Lectures of theory

I'm a rising soph so this would be my first camp.

hard to choose between sdi 3 week and miami(ohio) redhawk

is 3 week camp good how is the edvidence/ # of rounds/ Lectures of theory

I'm a rising soph so this would be my first camp.

hard to choose between sdi 3 week and miami(ohio) redhawk

SDI 3 week would be the best choice. miami is in their first year so it might be a little disorganized wh8ile SDI has been doing this debate camp for 14 years.

evidence- spectacular. all the students in the 3 week labs turn out high quality evidnece that even your college judges write down the cites. this year austin and i witnessed our college judges frequently copying down our K perm card (D&G).

#of rounds- our lab was the first round to start practice debating. i think it was the 3rd day of camp where we used the starter set SDI gave us when we arrived. they werent very good debates because no one knew the legitimate warrants for all the arguements but the lab leaders got an idea on how good we were at speaking and our speed. otherwise their is a min tournament the second weekend of camp with 4 rounds (austin and i, 4-0) then the last 2 days it was a 5 round tourny. (austin was sick and zac was sick, so dave and i debated) so total rounds in the whole camp would be around 16 (including other prac. rounds)

lectures of theory- d.heidt did our lecture of theory, which was pretty awesome because that guy is super intelligent. i think d.heidt is leading a lab at UM 7 this summer. i also think he was last year so he might be back for SDI theory lecture.

the lectures overall were awesome.

SDI 3 week was sick(CA term for awesome, not gross).

peace

Has anyone been accepted into 4 week yet?

I'm pretty sure they look at all applications in early May, so no...

Hey all,

I was just browsing this thread and there were a few questions I thought I'd answer.

First, anyone that applies to the 4 or 5 week camp will find out the week of May 9th whether or not they've been accepted. 2 and 3 week applicants are automatically accepted as long as they apply and mail us a deposit by May 27. I'm actually in the process of putting together confirmation packets for 2 and 3 weekers right now, so those that have mailed deposits will be hearing more from me soon.

If you apply online, just mail us the deposit check. As long as it gets here before the deadline, you're fine, although we won't send 2 or 3 week confirmation packets out until we receive it.

A bunch of people asked a while back about the 5th week case hit camp, and I would encourage you to consider applying for it. We are accepting up to 24 students from the 4 week camp to work with Will Repko and Tim Mahoney on researching and constructing good negative strategies against the affirmatives put out by other camps. This 5th week will be very focused on negative strategy planning and execution, and you'll get more evidence and practice as well. It's definitely a good way to get an idea of what sort of arguments are coming out of other camps, and few people are better at coaching negative strategies than Will and Tim.

I'm pretty much doing SDI stuff full-time now, so if you have any questions about the camp at all, feel free to email me at debate@msu.edu. I'll also check on this forum from time to time, so feel free posting questions here.

Hope to see you this summer!

Alison Eber

SDI Assistant Director

I'm pretty sure they look at all applications in early May, so no...

Sorry, the started reviewing in April, just checked their website - May 10-May 13 you will get notification.

does anyone have some sort of list of which novices/rising sophmores will be at the 4-week camp? if you do, i would appreciate it if you posted

-thanks