rabbitXcore

Crazy Plans

USFG grants Puerto Rico statehood upon donating so many people to a life of national service.

USFG enslaves [insert some small island country], making them into a well oiled national service machine.

Change the naturalization process to require national service.

round up the illegals, make them do national service.

These are a bit ridiculous.

USFG grants Puerto Rico statehood upon donating so many people to a life of national service.

USFG enslaves [insert some small island country], making them into a well oiled national service machine.

the farther i read the more ridiculous it got......

jk.....i cant help being narrow minded as far as the ground on this new topic goes.....at least i dont have to debate it

thank God for GRADUATION and college debate....

The last one sounds good.

almost sounds like concentration camps to me...

as far as crazy plans go:

the usfg should draft american citizens into the french foreign legion.

you may notice that the french foreign legion is not part of US armed forces, but luckily w/ the way the rez is phrased, that plan is technically topical. check it:

Resolved: The United States federal government should establish a policy substantially increasing the number of persons serving in one or more of the following national service programs: AmeriCorps, Citizen Corps, Senior Corps, Peace Corps, Learn and Serve America, Armed Forces.

it says "the following national service programs: ... Armed Forces." Nowhere does it say US national service programs or US Armed Forces (although the neg will obviously argue that that should be infered).

You could always round up people by their race or religion and send them to work camps where the become members of some national service group. LoL, it's not really funny but it is radical enough for some crazy plan.

Overidentification advantage FTW.

I actually like the changing the naturalizing process to national service...it's sort of easy

how about rounding up senior citizens and turning them into diamonds. the new senior corp! serving your country as sharp bits for cutting tools given to the military! those nazi fools didnt understand that if you're going to begin killing millions of innocent people, then at least make the remains worth keeping and not washing away all the hard work of burning people!

offensive? yes. but so is the resolution.

how about rounding up senior citizens and turning them into diamonds. the new senior corp! serving your country as sharp bits for cutting tools given to the military! those nazi fools didnt understand that if you're going to begin killing millions of innocent people, then at least make the remains worth keeping and not washing away all the hard work of burning people!

oh Ankur, you're always good for a laugh with your ridiculous ideas, that somehow always work...except for maybe this one

what about something that says nasa = armed forces?

that would be amazing

interesting concept, but i don't think there is any feasable way this could work, that is definetly an uphill T debate, but i'm sure you could get some sweet advantages off from it... intergalatic hegemony comes to mind

timm,that one COULD work... if you run it as a scathing affegation criticism of the resolution on the 1ac. hypotesting negation by the affirmative! dont you see the brilliance?! (no pun intended).

but seriously,

i have a much much better plan in the works... hopefully the world shall cower knowing i have an even MORE offensive plan waiting to be unleashed.

timm,that one COULD work... if you run it as a scathing affegation criticism of the resolution on the 1ac. hypotesting negation by the affirmative! dont you see the brilliance?! (no pun intended).

but seriously,

i have a much much better plan in the works... hopefully the world shall cower knowing i have an even MORE offensive plan waiting to be unleashed.

let me guess...have senior citizens explore the spratlies?

• Upvote 1

how is the resolution inherently offensive?

but seriously,

brilliant...i suppose, but forgive me for not seeing it, i'm not that big of a hypo tester.

dear God You're making ANOTHER plan!?!?!?! dear lord if its not spratyls i don't know what oculd happen. and even more offensice...oh my God, i'm already cowering

It sucks.

Need I say more?

meh i'll agree that is not the best topic in recent yearsm but it doesn't suck. Everyone thinks it sucks because we have been babied for the past few years with amazing (in retrospect) topics; the UN topic was amazing and the civil liberties topic was pretty damn good itself, all things considered. One actually has to think with this topic tough and so debaters don't like it, be creative there is a plethera of directions you can go in if you just rack your brain for 20 minutes.

this wasn't directed at you but at all debaters

timm,

yes. be very afraid.

others-

the resolution is offensive because a) the manner in which it came to be and B) the selection in contrast to alternative resolutions. i never once before today believed in the louisville project... i thought it was somewhat hokey. but today, it has actual meaning. the conservative pricks in the country are more willing to suffer through an atrocious resolution over having debaters learn about africa - a continent which its ritually excluded from american classrooms, repeatedly raped and pillaged by american and western interests, and generally discriminated against and mistreated as being unbelievably inferior. its offensive. and for that purpose, my new case is the most finely crafted 8 minute tirade against a specific american military practice which is officially taboo however openly advocated propogated.

The Louisville Project is to get more African-Americans into debate and Ankur i was having that as an idea of a case next year also.

I'm sorry, but what exactly is the Louisville Project?

i'm sure there are previous threads about this, use the search function. if not, create a thread in the Help Me Forum.

timm,

yes. be very afraid.

others-

the resolution is offensive because a) the manner in which it came to be and B) the selection in contrast to alternative resolutions. i never once before today believed in the louisville project... i thought it was somewhat hokey. but today, it has actual meaning. the conservative pricks in the country are more willing to suffer through an atrocious resolution over having debaters learn about africa - a continent which its ritually excluded from american classrooms, repeatedly raped and pillaged by american and western interests, and generally discriminated against and mistreated as being unbelievably inferior. its offensive. and for that purpose, my new case is the most finely crafted 8 minute tirade against a specific american military practice which is officially taboo however openly advocated propogated.

ih jesus...even when you rant you make sense, even though i will be the first to advocate the "quite yer bitching" polic for next years rez, at least you warrant your complaint... you should hook me up with the insider's info as to what exactly this case is...now you've got my spine a tinglin.

i have limited my spread to one team per state with the exception of pennsylvania in which case all of PA can know the case... i want an all out timed onslaught of amoral anarchy. kansas is already covered (assuming that the party contacted goes through with it and the idea doesnt get killed by coaches who care about their personal and school's reputation.

timm,

the case is roughly worse than advocating FGM good. and if you dont know what FGM is, then go look it up. the case is oficially titled "Operation Fucking the Third World"

this case is complicated. negation irony hypotesting. its complicated enough without having bad debaters run a horribly complex case and proceed to get slaughtered simply because they dont know what they are doing.

i would need to a) know you your abilities and B) speak with your head coach about the idea first. there is a good chance that even if you were capable of running the case, your coach would kick you off the team for running it.

Ankur, are you encouraging teams to run your case seriously.

By the way, for a typical Louisville Project quote check the signature below.