Sign in to follow this  
klink10k

Hot Women in debate.

I don't post on here much anymore, but sometimes I find it necessary. to assert that "because the world is unfair I should just not let it get to me" is awful- that just lets the objectification continue- when you laugh and joke and are compliant with that which is inappropriate you are propping up a system that is degrading to you. By trying to label girls in debate as hot and make a discussion of it on the forums, debaters are just reminding me why you see so few girls in the activity as compared to guys. It's no wonder. Mapes and Ben weren't "freaking out"- they were calling the other people out. As should be done. I'm still interested if someone will actually apologize- but I'm not really holding my breath.

go and objectify the men, and put them in their place, or are you above that?

Louie - as in Louie that ran MU debate camp for two years??

Also- sorry to discredit whatever is going on down on this thread but Jason I must admit I am flattered that I made your list of Top 5, haha! Oh that is really funny. My boyfriend says that he agrees with you... wow I didn't even know this thing still existed...Amber Lewis told me about it... this is funny

CELIA

Isn't the point that Sam wouldn't have been able to find another way to be chummy with a woman who wasn't sexually appealing?

AINSLEY

He would be able to, but that isn't the point. The point is that sexual revolution tends to get in the way of actual revolution. Nonsense issues distract attention away from real ones: pay equity, child care, honest-to-God sexual harrassment and in this case, a speech in front of the U.N. General Assembly. So, you, [to Sam] 25 percent on the assesments for Category A. You... [Charlie looks up.] I don't know what your thing is. [turns to Celia] And you, stop trying to take the fun out of my day. With that, I'm going to get a cupcake.

All I'm saying is Aaron Sorkin is a smart guy.

Louie - as in Louie that ran MU debate camp for two years??

Also- sorry to discredit whatever is going on down on this thread but Jason I must admit I am flattered that I made your list of Top 5, haha! Oh that is really funny. My boyfriend says that he agrees with you... wow I didn't even know this thing still existed...Amber Lewis told me about it... this is funny

DANA JOSEPH!!!

I <3 you!!!

go and objectify the men, and put them in their place, or are you above that?

Right. Because that will CLEARLY resolve the issue. I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. Thanks. I'll go ahead and start objectifying men right away:

That Mike Kearney? What a beast. If only all guys were as hot as him. That would surely bring up the participation of women in debate.

Right. Because that will CLEARLY resolve the issue. I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner. Thanks. I'll go ahead and start objectifying men right away:

That Mike Kearney? What a beast. If only all guys were as hot as him. That would surely bring up the participation of women in debate.

Haha. This thread is wrong, but that was funny

this is offensive. i don't like you describing men as "beasts". It is degrading. Please apologize.

Small hands, smells like cabbage.