nickwilkerson

Utah

Ok, if we move to the Mountain region we don't keep our mod. which means the thread would be wrecked,

If we stay in the Southwest region we can get the downlow on people we will ACTUALLY be debating, it is better for us to stay.

And we like having (at least) a lukewarm relationship with the folks in Colorado among other states, and since you just generate hate we'd make even more enemies.

Utah may be bad in some aspects, but it doesn't deserve that kind of reputation mr. third stall.

• Downvote 1

Can any of you give a constructive (warranted) reason for keeping Utah in the Southwest and not move it to the mountain region instead of defense on why moving it is unnecessary. I thought this was a website for debaters.

Yes, you're right...this is a forum for debaters. Which is why your request is stupid. YOU have to give a good enough reason for changing from the status quo, not the other way around. IE, you've got to present your prima facie case first, and then we'll debate whether it's a good idea. So far, you've just said "let's do it, or else..." and I don't see any inherency in there, so I'm voting you down. Gahd.

• Upvote 1

Can any of you give a constructive (warranted) reason for keeping Utah in the Southwest and not move it to the mountain region instead of defense on why moving it is unnecessary. I thought this was a website for debaters.

Shut the fuck up, this is so stupid

• Downvote 2

You've conceded twice now in different threads that the Utah thread would be deleted. That's a reason not to move it.

The reason for moving it is that it is goegraphically nonsensical to have Utah with Oklahoma in the same forum. We simply do not belong in the Southwest. Most of the population of Utah is in the north of Utah, closer to wyoming and montana than Arizona. Salt Lake City is closer to wyoming than it is to any other state including Nevada and Arizona. There is no reason to believe that Utah Debaters Rock would lose its push pin just because we move region. This is stupid speculation and fearmongering.

why would being in mountain benefit us though? not "we are near wyoming" because i don't give a shit. why is it good?

No, never mind. you are only doing this because debate is over and you need something to fight about.

if everyone stopped posting this would go away.

• Upvote 1

Because then we could be in a contiguous region.

Yeah, the question is, why does that matter?

is it me or does anybody care about nick wilkersons lame rant about where utah lies.. other than highland and RHSM.. nobody cares.. so um lets see.. shut the fuck up... and brush your teeth

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've always thought it was odd that Utah was in the same forum as Oklahoma. I think that Utah gets involved in more tournaments in the Southwest than it does with the Mountain folks. I knew quite a few Nevada and Arizona kids, and the ones I knew from Colorado I met at camp.

The reason for moving it is that it is goegraphically nonsensical to have Utah with Oklahoma in the same forum. We simply do not belong in the Southwest. Most of the population of Utah is in the north of Utah, closer to wyoming and montana than Arizona. Salt Lake City is closer to wyoming than it is to any other state including Nevada and Arizona. There is no reason to believe that Utah Debaters Rock would lose its push pin just because we move region. This is stupid speculation and fearmongering.

and yet it still just doesn't matter at all...

• Upvote 2

Is there an actual reason why we should move it?

NO!

You're being retarded man. Just forget it, why the hell does it even matter? It shouldn't. This is just a debate forum. It's not like this will change anything in the world. Just leave it or get off this site if you're going to complain so much about it.

Blah.

Is there any actual reason not to move Utah to the mountain forum?

becuase you graduated form high school so nobody cares about you and your mediocre life...

Aronious

becuase you graduated form high school so nobody cares about you and your mediocre life...

Aronious

Shouldn't my graduating from highschool make me less biased on this topic and better at making suggestions like moving Utah to the mountain region.

• Downvote 1

No you're too senseless. This is the internet so why are you so worried where Utah is located in a forum? It shouldn't matter at all. Do you have problems going into where it is right now and going to it? I don't think so but if you do, you have serious issues man. All you ever do is complain, complain, complain. Why can't you ever do anything else? "Ohmaga, I wantz utahh in da mountain region!1!" "Duhhhh, I dun liky Kansas, Missouri, n South Dakotaaa debaters, coaches, and everything else!11!!1eleven!oneon1!"

Just stop complaining. Stop being so negative about everything (including your rep, LOL) and just live with it. You hate those debaters because you always lose, you suck, and the judges don't like you. That's your problem. Why should they be banned because of you? They are excellent debaters and great people. You may or may not be but I don't know because you act like a child. You're graduated now, could you stop complaining and worry about your life instead about where Utah is located in an internet forum and how much you suck when debating against Kansas or Missouri? Seriously though, why do you do all this shit? Do you have nothing better to do? Is this what you're going to do your whole life? If that's the case, I'm sorry. I'm sure you're an intelligent and nice guy in real life, but you're really acting like a child on here. It's the internet, get over it. Just leave it alone and post in whatever forums you post in and start thinking about YOUR life, not an internet forum's life.

• Downvote 2

you spent way too much time on that post..

Please, allow me.

Shouldn't my graduating from highschool make me less biased on this topic and better at making suggestions like moving Utah to the mountain region.

No.

BTW,

I just stopped in Utah on a layover going to Washington. And let me tell you, I can now re-affirm that it does not belong in the Mountain forum. If we let you in, we'd drastically decrease the overall level of state quality that we've worked so hard to achieve. Utah is just not a quality state. Now that I've been there, I can definitively say that.

Now that this debate's over...

• Downvote 1