ChaseatMemorial

Edmond Memorial shits and giggles tourney

the heritage hall seniors will most likely not be attending because May 12th is our last day of school...my last day of heritage hall after 15 years...christ

there is a possibility that our youngins might attend, but i wouldn't count on it

• Downvote 1

The reasoning behind paying a judging fee and bringing a judge is that we have to pay the judges for judging, they don't just judge for free. They do it at every tournament, but most of them in oklahoma don't require a judge, some do. On the national circuit, for example, UT, The judging fee is something rediculous like 100$ unless you bring a judge then it is like $20 or sumthin.

Also, as for the date, b/c we have been notified of several things that conflict with the debate i posted before, there is a good chance that it could be moved to like a week later, although it isn't for sure. Also, this is assuming that a later date would work out better for more people who would like to come.

It would be fairly surprising to me to find out that Beth Evans is hosting a tournament on Edmond's graduation weekend. Granted there are no Edmond debaters who are seniors, it is still interesting.

It would be fairly surprising to me to find out that Beth Evans is hosting a tournament on Edmond's graduation weekend. Granted there are no Edmond debaters who are seniors, it is still interesting.

lol the Chase Thornhill Tournament is just going down, really fast

Did i say the tournament was going to happen on fucking graduation night shae?

lol the Chase Thornhill Tournament is just going down, really fast

or at least the discussion on an internet forum about it.

or at least the discussion on an internet forum about it.

yea, i can only cross my fingers about the real one, but ive got a good feeling

Sounds like a pretty damn good softball game. I also find it interesting that you were drinking at a church softball game, regardless of the denominations rules on drinking.

League rules only said you couldn't have alcohol on the playing field, and the rule didn't cover the dugout area. We mainly did it to rile up the Baptists....:P

Did i say the tournament was going to happen on fucking graduation night shae?

I think you are missing the point. All Edmond faculty have to attend their schools graduation. That means you will never be able to obtain the administration necessary to actually host the tournament. The new proposed weekend is infinitely worse than the one before, at least with the other one you could host it.

OK, shae, i think youre missing the whole point. I was going to schedule it on a different weekend than graduation. There are more than one weekends after May 12. Anyway, that is neither here nor there.

I spoke with our assistant principal today, and the tournament will almost definitely be approved, and it will be official tomorow, meaning that the tournament will be scheduled for it original date of May 12 (I apologize to those who cannot make it to the tournament for other reasons).

Soon, we will have official invitations sent out and a set of the rules and regulations and fees and all that great stuff.

Shae, I assume that you don't want to debate, but since Bobby and Sam are to lazy to do anything, it would be most appreciated if you could help out with the tournament as far as organizing the ballot table and pairings and whatever else there is.

For anybody who wants to attend, this is what we have come up with for how the tournament MIGHT go down:

All high schoolers will have the option of debating with either another high schooler from their school, or from another school if desired, or they can debate with a college debater. We will try to pair 2 high schoolers against 2 other high schoolers, but this is assuming we have enough of those teams entering. otherwise, 2 high schoolers could be paired against a high schooler and a college kid. NO TWO COLLEGE KIDS WILL BE ALLOWED TO DEBATE TOGETHER.

If any high schoolers know a college debater that you would like to debate with, please contact them ASAP, and then notify me of the official team. If you need help contacting them, I will do what i can to help, just email me with who you want to debate with (my email is in the 1st post in this thread).

peace

You said "like a week later". Like a week later is graduation weekend, thus I pointed out why it was a bad option.

As for helping out, drop me a line. You have my phone number so call me. And don't PM me, I will never even notice its existence.

since Bobby and Sam are to lazy to do anything, it would be most appreciated if you could help out with the tournament as far as organizing the ballot table and pairings and whatever else there is.

although we are lazy, we arent going to help out bc we dont support the Chase Thornhill Invitational

Considering that is seems like a "come one, come all" tournament where everyone is welcome I don't know if "Chase Thornhill Invitational" is necessarilly a good name. You should change it to something else, in my opinion.

I understand that, I am telling Bobby and Sam to change what they call the tournament because it is technically flawed.

PS - I'm calling it the Shits N' Giggles Tournament

Considering that is seems like a "come one, come all" tournament where everyone is welcome I don't know if "Chase Thornhill Invitational" is necessarilly a good name. You should change it to something else, in my opinion.

ok, then how about The First Annual* Chase Thornhill Tournament or just Chase Thornhill's Shits N' Giggles Tournament

* = hopefully not

how bout who gives a rat's ass, its a cool idea (mainly just because I might be able to relive a bit of the old glory days), and there's really no reason to bash it. It might be difficult to organize, but that doesn't mean it isn't, at the very least, a good idea.

how bout who gives a rat's ass, its a cool idea (mainly just because I might be able to relive a bit of the old glory days), and there's really no reason to bash it. It might be difficult to organize, but that doesn't mean it isn't, at the very least, a good idea.

if your talking to me then i have one good reason and thats all i need, Chase Thornhill

I am not bashing the tournament nor am I bashing the idea of the tournament but rather Chase's ability to organize it as well as Sam and Bobby's name for the tournament. I also think it is a great idea, not because you get to relive your glory days Dave but because it is a comfortable environment where we interact with people we don't see much.

The tournament has been officially approved by the school, so it would be awesome for those who are planning on attending to please email me at bingolfin89@aol.com or call me at (405) 415-5534.

Again, the rules that i posted about before (where high schoolers have the option of debating with college debaters) will be the official rules and guidelines for the tournament. If anybody has any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me ASAP.

peace