supaflyinureye321

anyone interested in debating at Santa Clara University?

Anyone still looking for a college to get into should get in touch with me, and i can put you in touch with the right people if you're interested. Santa Clara University is looking for any debaters that are interested (lets say you didn't get into the schools you wanted to, this offer is on the table). As far as i understand you'll still have to go through somewhat of an admission's process, but being a debater should get you in without question. There is also a large possibility of a lot of scholarship money involved, so you should definitely get in touch. You'll probably have a good debate partner in Ruchit Agarwal who, going to like 2 tournaments, went 4-4 at ceda nats, etc. So, if anyone is interested, do let me know- my screenname is silkysm00thdlvry and my e-mail is rahul.jaswa@gmail.com. thanks-

rj

ucb '10

ya... ya ill steal this space for some advertising.

come to uc santa cruz if your thinking about going to santa clara-- we're a uc, we are the banana slugs, and we will be the most democratic team ever.

holla at us.

sam iola

ucsc 0?

siola@ucsc.edu

Anyone still looking for a college to get into should get in touch with me, and i can put you in touch with the right people if you're interested. Santa Clara University is looking for any debaters that are interested (lets say you didn't get into the schools you wanted to, this offer is on the table). As far as i understand you'll still have to go through somewhat of an admission's process, but being a debater should get you in without question. There is also a large possibility of a lot of scholarship money involved, so you should definitely get in touch. You'll probably have a good debate partner in Ruchit Agarwal who, going to like 2 tournaments, went 4-4 at ceda nats, etc. So, if anyone is interested, do let me know- my screenname is silkysm00thdlvry and my e-mail is rahul.jaswa@gmail.com. thanks-

rj

ucb '10

haha.....i totally won the high school tournament they hosted this year....too bad im already going to longbeach.......bummer

• Downvote 1

haha.....i totally won the high school tournament they hosted this year....too bad im already going to longbeach.......bummer

AJ, I try to not let folks beat up on you because I know you are a smart kid, but then you post stuff like this which just annoys the hell out of me... Since you insist on making posts like this I'm going to tell the truth about your title...

First, it was Santa Clara Spring, which is a notoriously soft tournament. Heck a regular CFL league tournament is more competitive than SCU II. Even when the local league shows up for SCU Spring, they pair varsity kids with novices. And I know that the local league held their NFL qualifier that same weekend. You were the only policy debater there, right? Tell us the truth. Where was Bellarmine? Or Leland? Or Lynbrook? Or Presentation? Or anyone else who usually attends that tournament? Oh wait. Maybe Harker was there? Was the home school league there? Were there any juniors or seniors at the tournament? How big was the entry? Three teams?

Nice feat. Way to brag. Now learn a little humility. A thread about encouraging people to attend SCU shouldn't be interrupted by your gloating. What does your winning SCU II have to do with whether or not people should attend that school? This won't fly in college.

And yes, this was posted a month ago, butI just noticed it and it REALLY ticked me off.

AJ, I try to not let folks beat up on you because I know you are a smart kid, but then you post stuff like this which just annoys the hell out of me... Since you insist on making posts like this I'm going to tell the truth about your title...

First, it was Santa Clara Spring, which is a notoriously soft tournament. Heck a regular CFL league tournament is more competitive than SCU II. Even when the local league shows up for SCU Spring, they pair varsity kids with novices. And I know that the local league held their NFL qualifier that same weekend. You were the only policy debater there, right? Tell us the truth. Where was Bellarmine? Or Leland? Or Lynbrook? Or Presentation? Or anyone else who usually attends that tournament? Oh wait. Maybe Harker was there? Was the home school league there? Were there any juniors or seniors at the tournament? How big was the entry? Three teams?

Nice feat. Way to brag. Now learn a little humility. A thread about encouraging people to attend SCU shouldn't be interrupted by your gloating. What does your winning SCU II have to do with whether or not people should attend that school? This won't fly in college.

And yes, this was posted a month ago, butI just noticed it and it REALLY ticked me off.

i was such a nerd back in april....i apolagize.....i've learned some humility since then.....

i really wasnt trying to brag...it was actually just me making a funny comment about a tournament that i knew was not hard at all....it was supposed to be a humorous responce to the fact that someone was advertising debate at santa clara.....sorry if you took it otherwise! and thanks for not letting people "beat up on me" - its much appreciated.....

• Downvote 1

i was such a nerd back in april....i apolagize.....i've learned some humility since then.....

i really wasnt trying to brag...it was actually just me making a funny comment about a tournament that i knew was not hard at all....it was supposed to be a humorous responce to the fact that someone was advertising debate at santa clara.....sorry if you took it otherwise! and thanks for not letting people "beat up on me" - its much appreciated.....

i'm a hater, but come on...

why do you care that someone wants to advertise debating at santa clara? i did a little coaching for their policy squad this year (one of their debaters, ruchit, debated with one of the ucsc debaters this year), and i have nothing but praises for their program. Melan Jaich, their director is really cool, and without SCU bending over backwards to help UCSC out whenever they could, we wouldn't have gotten the opportunities to debate.

SCU is a solid school, has admin support, a director that will travel you, a GOOD DEBATER waiting for a partner and the budget to actually get some debating done. anyone that hasn't gotten to the school they wanted to get into should give Melan Jaich a call.

we're hemmoraging programs left and right, ANY program that has the ability to house and fund debaters, we should applaud them.

i'm a hater, but come on...

why do you care that someone wants to advertise debating at santa clara? i did a little coaching for their policy squad this year (one of their debaters, ruchit, debated with one of the ucsc debaters this year), and i have nothing but praises for their program. Melan Jaich, their director is really cool, and without SCU bending over backwards to help UCSC out whenever they could, we wouldn't have gotten the opportunities to debate.

SCU is a solid school, has admin support, a director that will travel you, a GOOD DEBATER waiting for a partner and the budget to actually get some debating done. anyone that hasn't gotten to the school they wanted to get into should give Melan Jaich a call.

we're hemmoraging programs left and right, ANY program that has the ability to house and fund debaters, we should applaud them.

o i dont care at all....i think its great to advertise for schools....and i think santa clara is a wonderful school....my intention wasnt to hate on recruitment...i hop;e thats not what you think...

Dude it's May! You learned humility since April? Damn I wish I was a teenager again because human beings grow in leaps and bounds during that time of life. :rolleyes:

Wow dude, you fail!

Like I said on the other thread, SCU tourney blows!! Come on. This was a legitimate post for the SCU debate team, and you had to cream all over it with more airheaded statements about how you've been successful in the national circuit. Either make a thread to gloat about yourself, or stop getting off topic. It's painstakingly hard to decipher anything you write, because your frequent use of the period button makes your already off-topic posts all the more rediculous. So...stop.......posting........like...this...

Melan Jaich is good, and the SCU debate program is pretty solid. So, get in touch with supaflyinureye321

Hold up. Hold up. Now, ripping on AJ is one thing, but saying Melan is good?! I dunno about all that... :) Melan? He's good for recruiting women to debate. And he sometimes pays people who judge for him. And when I say sometimes, I mean sometimes. But he does have a college policy program and he throws not one, but two high school tournaments and he somehow lives in San Francisco, works in Santa Clara and coaches a team in LA, where his wife lives. He manages to do all that, so I guess Melan is OK. But good? That's debatable. :D

Oh yeah. Stop beating up on AJ... he's matured since April.

Melan's my coach... i'm sure he would enjoy this thread. :D

Yeah I know Melan is your coach. You can tell him everything I wrote. In fact, print it out, take a picture... I don't care. And tell Melan three things: 1. Jim Zhang wants his money. 2. Gloria conceded THREE CASE SPECIFIC TURNS and a DISAD ON CASE. 3. Never again hold SCU Spring on my district qualifying weekend or there will be heck to pay. :)

Dude it's May! You learned humility since April? Damn I wish I was a teenager again because human beings grow in leaps and bounds during that time of life. :rolleyes:

Teenagers are amazing marcus....didnt ya know?? we can do all kinds of wonderful things....

Wow dude, you fail!

Like I said on the other thread, SCU tourney blows!! Come on. This was a legitimate post for the SCU debate team, and you had to cream all over it with more airheaded statements about how you've been successful in the national circuit. Either make a thread to gloat about yourself, or stop getting off topic. It's painstakingly hard to decipher anything you write, because your frequent use of the period button makes your already off-topic posts all the more rediculous. So...stop.......posting........like...this...

Melan Jaich is good, and the SCU debate program is pretty solid. So, get in touch with supaflyinureye321

steven....im going to go ahead and just refuse to respond to you....its officially gotten to that point....

rj

ucb '10

does this apply for next year also?