shortyfareed

Class of 2006 Comprehensive College List

Post where you'll be this fall (include first and last names please) and a list can be made out of this first post:

Chris Barnett- Emory University

Ryan Blodgett- University of Texas at Dallas

Fareed Cheema- Davidson College

Troy Cummins- Indiana University- Bloomington

Kurt Fifelski- Emporia State

Mackenzie James- Viterbo University

Matt Muir- Loyola University of Chicago

Tylor Orme- Miami University- Ohio

Dan Overbeek- University of Michigan (Honors)

Joshua Reinke- Concordia University

Janna Reynolds- Liberty University

Timm Silvernail- Western Michigan University

Miami of Ohio - Doing forensics, not debate

i thought about going to Miami but in the end i decided on Western; i've heard college level forensics is pretty hard core

why not?

i'm too slow for college debate, too K oriented for my own good and much better at forensics than i am at debate. After camp this summer i have an enormous respect for both programs, but i wouldn't be able to help the debate team much. Hopefully i'll be able to do some good on the IE squad though.

Edit: Also dr. Voth is amazing

i'm too slow for college debate, too K oriented for my own good and much better at forensics than i am at debate. After camp this summer i have an enormous respect for both programs, but i wouldn't be able to help the debate team much. Hopefully i'll be able to do some good on the IE squad though.

you should give it a try dude. and dr voth coaches debate too...you should contact steve mancuso...and you shouldnt say you "couldnt help the debate team"...you never know.

I'll mirror Aaron's opinions on the issue. First, Miami is pretty policy-oriented; moreover, if you don't like the K, Mancuso is the type of coach that you want coaching you on a framework debate. Second, the speed thing is not as big a problem as you might think. In the past, they have had debaters from Vermillion achieve some success (being from MI that might not mean anything, but they only really compete in 4-person debate, really slow, no real depth). And hey, maybe you'll just want to try it out and see if you like it or not. If not, Miami does have a strong forensics program that you can fall back on.

All you crazy college debaters, i have a question for you: does Western Michigan have a debate team? I haven't been able to find an answer to this question, maybe i'm not looking in the right places though.

All you crazy college debaters, i have a question for you: does Western Michigan have a debate team? I haven't been able to find an answer to this question, maybe i'm not looking in the right places though.

Haha, no way. WMU? No. If they did we might actually have coaches. (Portage is basically just part of metropolitian Kalamazoo - which is where Western Michigan University is located.)

Sorry about that dude.