seattle

Need a Coach? Want a Coach?

My name is James Holley and I am a former HS debater from the Chicago UDL. I am relocating to the Santa Cruz area and would love to assist in the coaching of a team.

I use to debate for Morgan Park HS from the seasons of 99-00 till 02-03 in which i was fairly successful ( Qualifying for NFLs twice, cleaing at 10 + TOC bid tournaments, winning the Chicago City Championships 3 years consecutively, winning or closing out over 15 tounaments in the Chicago Debate League, and countless speaker awards.) I have coach quite extensively for my alma mater actually coaching one team to the TOC in the 04-05 season. I have worked with other schools both within and outside my debate league including Lane Technical HS (Chicago) Whitney Young Magnet (Chicago) Von Stubean (Chicago) Rocky Mountain HS ( Fort Collins, CO) just to name a few. I have also worked numerous times in a teaching capacity teaching two sumers at the Spartan Debate Institutte held by the Michigan State Debate team. I have also taught at the Chicago Debate Instiute those two summers as well.

Im looking for a position in the bay area close or around the Santa Cruz area ( But I am willing to travel throughout the bay area). I am looking to help out in any way that i can from evidence research to judging. I would love to establish a relationship with a team starting soon so that we can have the summer to establish a bond if this suits your teams needs let me know .

James Holley

Eagle High School is looking for a new Speech and Debate coach. We are located about 15 minutes outside of Boise. Eagle has become the most prominent forensics team as of late, winning State Debate titles the last two years in a row, and State Speech the last three years in a row. The current debate coach has recently renounced his position and the administration will likely choose just another speech teacher to fill the position unless they receive other applicants.

For more information email the principal at beck.terry@meridianschools.org

Or for applications go to http://www.meridianschools.org/District/Human_Resources/Job_Applications/

Current debater from Idaho State looking to coach somewhere in Eastern Idaho. Four years of policy debate experience, as well as one year of assistant coaching experience for Bishop Kelly High School. In addition to policy, I also have a backround in Extemp, Impromptu, Duo, Humorous, Mock Trial and LD. I'm aware of a general dislike on the part of some eastern ID schools towards the type of debate ISU engages in, but I'm willing to teach comm-oriented debate and, what's more, I'd be very profficient at it. My schedule is extremely flexible. I'd be available for judging and for travel, provided it didn't conflict with my own tournament schedule and I work cheap. Email me at misterbrghtside@gmail.com

I am available next year, as an assistant coach. I would prefer to coach a team in the pnw, instead of selling out to the powerhouse squads. I am experienced, and have coached teams to outrounds at every major national tournament in the west (Whitman, Alta, Auburn, Gonzaga, Berkeley, Stanford, etc.)

I can cut cards (a lot of them), fill judging commitments, and judge practice debates on the weekends of tournaments.

Pay negotiable.

**In case you don't know who I am; I debate at the University of Wyoming, and will be a Junior. I have cleared at CEDA Nationals, Fullerton, UNLV, The Val Browning Round Robin, etc. I qualified to the NDT as a sophomore, and work harder than most people I know. I have a lot of coaching experience, and have led labs at two camps (WFI and WNDI) Hire me, if you want to win. l

Tony Johnson

Wyoming Debate

ajohns58@uwyo.edu

I am Michael Johnson. I was a 4 year high school policy debater. I could have debated in college but decided against it. I will be a freshman at BYU next year and will be available to judge at tournaments and cut cards. I work hard and cut tons of cards. I broke at major TOC tournaments and am able to adapt to any debating style.

blackfootsmj1@hotmail.com

I am Michael Johnson. I was a 4 year high school policy debater. I could have debated in college but decided against it. I will be a freshman at BYU next year and will be available to judge at tournaments and cut cards. I work hard and cut tons of cards. I broke at major TOC tournaments and am able to adapt to any debating style.

blackfootsmj1@hotmail.com

Also, mike should assistant coach us at some bid tournements text year.

-you know you want to.

I'm here because John McCain fired me for being too young.

Assistant coach / tournament help only. No full time. I don't want to leave the bay for tournaments. I am looking for small and independent teams who are on the brink of making it to the TOC or on their way there to help out. I can also try to help you get to know other coaches and judges if you are one of those out of nowhere teams that needs to a helping hand. I can be extremely helpful in bulletproofing your critical aff and with your politics arguments.

I live in SF/Bay Area. I helped coached two teams to the TOC in NY, a team to Nats and to State in Cali, done camps and assistant positions, etc. I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I have many leatherbound books...I just haven't really done anything debate in a while. In HS I was a top 10 speaker, consistent outround competitor and top 6 in NFLs and CA State. In my very short college career during my intermittent stay at Fresno City College I won outround ballots against big teams.

I am also pretty cheap. Hit me up. djveroff@dons.usfca.edu

Name: Janessa Stam

Email: janesssastam@gmail.com

Phone: 616 610 9128

I debated for 3 years in high school and have been coaching ever since. i debated in michigan/arizona. and am moving out to idaho in a couple weeks and am looking for somewhere to judge/coach. feel free to call/email anytime or with anymore questions

oh yeah. i did forensics as well. i dont know how events in idaho differ from michigan but i broke at nfls in oratory.

Just moved up to Seattle, WA and had the opportunity to get involved at a program for middle school students learning how to debate. I have been out of the debate scene for a few years now, but debated for 4 years (1998-2002) at Meridian High School in Idaho and then debated at Lewis & Clark College in Portland, OR until their policy program ended in 2004.

I've judged here and there since then, but would enjoy helping out a team or program in the Seattle with some asst. coaching or judging commitments. I have a flexible work schedule and work from home, so helping out after school would not be a problem. Would definitely like to get back into the debate scene a bit and give back to the community that I know helped shape me for the better.

Please feel free to contact me.

Brandon Berg

brandonwberg@gmail.com

Name: Chaz Eyre

Email: chazeyre@gmail.com

Phone: 208-571-1364

I debated three years in high school for Capital High School in the Boise area, and now currently debate at Idaho State University, and am interested in coaching any team in the pacific northwest looking for an assistant coach.

I had moderate success in high school, clearing at more than half of large national tournaments as a small squad. I am willing to cut cards, fill judging commitments, chaperoning etc.

hit me up, stevenlummus@gmail.com if you need a card cutter/judge/assistant coach. Dedicated debater! Values winning above all else. Debated for Bellaire H.S my freshman year i broke at GlenBrooks, St.Marks, and UofH. Transfered to Yucaipa H.S, which didn't even have a policy program, so i found a partner and started one!, winning 4 regional tourneys. qualified for Nationals, but didnt go.

St. Margaret's Episcopal School in San Juan Capistrano, Orange County might be looking to hire a coach. We are a small school (1 or 2 policy teams, a few LD at any given tournament) but usually do quite well.

I'm possibly available to coach.

My name is Ryan Morgan. I debated at Auburn in High School, and then 2 years in college. Me/Jackie Lawrence won state our Junior year, and were 1st seed our Senior year (lost in quarters). I left debate so that I could focus on my career..but I would love to get involved again with high school debate.

You can call me at 253 508 7336 or email me at rybo123@gmail.com

Oh, and I'm open to coaching any kind of team. That said, I think that a diversity of strategies is the best way to debate. I ran mostly policy arguments in high school, and a mixture or K/policy arguments in college.

Name: Alex Zendeh

Email: zendehaa@whitman.edu

Phone: 617-763-5633

I've debated 2 years at Whitman College. I qualified to the National Debate Tournament as a freshman, have gotten to doubles of CEDA, and won the Idaho State tournament. I debated for 4 years at Lexington High School in Massachusetts and qualified for the TOC my senior year.

I am interested in cutting cards and attending tournaments to coach and judge. Anyone interested?

Name: Hank Stolte

Email: hstolte11@gmail.com

Phone: 512-818-9889

Debated 5 years before graduating high school. Now going to be a debating freshman at the University of Texas. I'm a former UIL state champion and have been in outrounds of TFA three years in a row. My senior and junior year i beat many TOC qualified teams (including Beacon who was 1st seed at the TOC).

Interlake High School in Bellevue, Washington is looking for a coach specifically for policy. He or she would become a Bellevue School District employee. If interested, please email Sarah Lim at me AT sarahlim DOT com.

Northwest Chinese School (A Saturday program of about 1000 students located at Newport High School in Bellevue Washington) is looking for a teacher/coach for a Saturday debate class. (11-1 pm or 12-2 pm). Please email me if interested at sarahjbitter AT gmail.com. The school is interested in having students participate in local competitions if possible. Students are between 12 and 16. Information about the school can be found at www.nwchinese.org. Compensation is very reasonable.

Thanks!

Sarah Bitter

• Upvote 1

Hello debate community,

Holy Names Academy in Seattle is looking to hire a debate coach.  I will continue to work with the team and remain teaching at the school, but I have stepped back from travel responsibilities.  The official job posting is below.  Feel free to contact me if you have questions.  

Best,

Sean Harris-Campf

Holy Names Academy

Seattle, WA

sharris@holynames-sea.org  

DEBATE COACH

Debate coach needed to direct co-curricular, competitive debate program.  Duties include conducting 2-3 afterschool meetings per week and attending 8-9 tournaments between November and March.  Desired:  Previous coaching experience and/or competitive debate experience.  Open until filled.

Please send letter of interest and resume to resumes@holynames-sea.org 

to the attention:

Elizabeth Swift, Head of School and Principal

Holy Names Academy
728 21st Avenue East
Seattle, WA 98112-4058

FAX: (206) 323-5254

I am Steven Guerrero from California ,who is seeking a private coach in debate and can tutor through the year.

What i am seeking

Highly experience and successfully in debate through circuit and lay competition. Can Coach via Skype or/and person to person within the 40 miles of Whittier.  Capable tutoring me in Math, English, Science, Economist,Government, Spanish.

The payment will be base on hourly and payment is negotiable .

Other specific information can be request by contacting me and further discuss

I request a resume or portfilo to be sent as well.

Email:Steven.Guerrero76@yahoo.com

Phone: Steven.Guerrero76@yahoo.com