Incoherency

Where should C. Caleb go to school?

Where should Cikalub go to school?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Where should Cikalub go to school?

• Arizona State Honors
    • U of Washington Honors
    • U of Southern California Honors
    • Northwestern
    • UC Berkeley

Go to UW. I mean its a great school, great city and won't break the bank. I would have gone there if I had to do it over again. Being 60,000+ in debt will suck if you want to have a career that is more public service than rich attorney/business person like. You can always go to a fancy grad school after that pays for everything based on merit and not need after.

I really don't know where I want to go so I am asking for info. And I'm appealing for more aid but that seems hopeless, of course.

it seems like you've kind of narrowed it down yourself. obviously not cali/arizona because you can't wear little scarves. and northwestern would put you in debt for eternity so... UW. besides you can still visit all the washington debaters.

does the UW even have a debate team though?

• Downvote 1

i say asu. it saves you >$18,000 and they have a debate program that if you wanted to be great, you wouldn't have to spend your own money to go to tourneys.

if you want "it" badly enough, debate can happen for you anywhere. arizona has good debaters and at least one a year goes to asu and doesn't debate-no "viable" partners. you should read this as you could have a good/great debate partner by the end of your frosh year. they have a huge budget, a commitment to debate to people that are committed, and honestly, the district needs more good debaters.

if you hate 1) beatiful women, 2) beautiful men, 3) 75 degree decembers, or 4) southwestern culture then asu is probably not for you.

asu ain't harvard, which is why you'll be an academic baller even in the honors college. and being probably the only person on this thread that has 1) taken out a college loan, and 2) paid it back, i think i speak from a unique position. COLLEGE LOANS SUCK. if you can avoid them, then do it.

even in your worst case scenario, you could go there, go to school and if you hated it, you could go to some other school, and it wouldn't cost you to make the mistake. that mistake at northwestern could jack you for 10 years in student loans alone.

dd

uc santa cruz debate

You should listen to Doug. All of you should.

i say asu. it saves you >$18,000 and they have a debate program that if you wanted to be great, you wouldn't have to spend your own money to go to tourneys.

if you want "it" badly enough, debate can happen for you anywhere. arizona has good debaters and at least one a year goes to asu and doesn't debate-no "viable" partners. you should read this as you could have a good/great debate partner by the end of your frosh year. they have a huge budget, a commitment to debate to people that are committed, and honestly, the district needs more good debaters.

if you hate 1) beatiful women, 2) beautiful men, 3) 75 degree decembers, or 4) southwestern culture then asu is probably not for you.

asu ain't harvard, which is why you'll be an academic baller even in the honors college. and being probably the only person on this thread that has 1) taken out a college loan, and 2) paid it back, i think i speak from a unique position. COLLEGE LOANS SUCK. if you can avoid them, then do it.

even in your worst case scenario, you could go there, go to school and if you hated it, you could go to some other school, and it wouldn't cost you to make the mistake. that mistake at northwestern could jack you for 10 years in student loans alone.

dd

uc santa cruz debate

if you hate 1) beatiful women,

yea dude doug is right on the money-

"more evidence"

Playboy.com '06

(http://www.playboy.com/on-campus/features/topten/index.html)

top ten list of college in terms of best-looking girls

10. University of Georgia

9. East Carolina

8. University of Colorado

7. University of Alabama

6. Florida State

5. University of Arizona

4. University of Florida

3. UCLA

2. Arizona State

1. University of Texas

I think the choice is obvious

oops I almost forgot-

nate tribble dd

i am sorry. i did not mean to be so critical. lo siento.

AJ where are you going to school?

haha...no worries...

Katie Adams and I are debating at Longbeach next year...

it seems like you've kind of narrowed it down yourself. obviously not cali/arizona because you can't wear little scarves. and northwestern would put you in debt for eternity so... UW. besides you can still visit all the washington debaters.

does the UW even have a debate team though?

um...chels....you can definitely wear scarves in the Bay area!! it's perfect scarf whether....and take it from me...I LOVE SCARVES!

dd

uc santa cruz debate

Hmm. I do hate 75 degree decembers and I can't compete with beautiful men.

I spoke with the ASU debate coach when I visited yesterday, and your assessment of the team seems spot on. Thanks for your input.

AT: 75 degree decembers bad

1) go home for break, you'll get your snow in the 'can

AT: beautiful men there too

1) 64% women...you're smart do the math, i think it means like 2500 more women than men...even jacob from head royce could do well...

dd

the cruz

ps: nate tribble right back at you

tribble are you going to be helping out at utnif again?

You don't think phukluzing is tribble, do you? please say you don't think dd=tribble. 'cause there are like 10 of us in this activity and we need to maintain our individuality...

It's all about the benjamins. If you're competent enough, it won't matter where you've gone to undergrad, and you'll do it without a house worth of debt.

10 coaches or 10 total. cuz if its total, then i want to be counted.

marcus, doug, gentlemen

peace

Mike, you are included in that number. I think I was being overly dramatic. However, the number isnt much more than 10, even if you count debaters. I think you should start a thread to count the number of us in the activity. And don't leave out the women, or else the number might fall to eight.

This is probably the stupidist thread I have ever seen. Just go where you want to go and don't let other people make decisions for you. Props to Tyler though, he is a cool dude.

Mike, you are included in that number. I think I was being overly dramatic. However, the number isnt much more than 10, even if you count debaters. I think you should start a thread to count the number of us in the activity. And don't leave out the women, or else the number might fall to eight.

hahaha that would be a great thread. Im currently having flashbacks of round 1 at Berkeley with you and Doug counting the number of black people in the romm, pumping fists in triumph, then leaving the room.

good times

You don't think phukluzing is tribble, do you? please say you don't think dd=tribble. 'cause there are like 10 of us in this activity and we need to maintain our individuality...

no i just worded it wrong. i was trying to ask if he was helping UTNIF

the girls are beautiful in tempe and as well in tuscon.

but if you go to ASU i might have to kill you...

"The University of Arizona is no longer rated in our top annual party schools list because we feel that it is unfair to include professionals in a list of amateurs." -Playboy Magazine

fuck the sun devils...go wildcats

Arizona '10