MXDebate

Avain Flu

Can anyone post a case outline for avian flu??

or even the case would be Great!!!

what i am really looking for is neg, i neeeed to get/make some neg asap.

if you have ANYTHING pm me or email me at MaxElder@gmail.com

-OR- Im me at OICU812Maxx

how is this inherent? like 3 people have gotten this disease. check the politics answers to the scenario that talk about how the disease wont mutate and all this hype is blown out of proportion.

• Downvote 1

for avian flu check Bird flue cites using search bg posted them on cx, ydo u want this

for avian flu check Bird flue cites using search bg posted them on cx, ydo u want this

he wants to cut a neg. as he said 2 posts ago.

or he's on my team and he also says he wants the aff and neg, refer to line two of his post

• Downvote 1

how is this inherent? like 3 people have gotten this disease. check the politics answers to the scenario that talk about how the disease wont mutate and all this hype is blown out of proportion.

and that's why it sucks that the goevernment uses the discourse of fear of the disease to justify their biopolitical control: whether the disease comes or not is irrlevant.

Do you/ anyone else have one of these "gay kritiks" of speaking for others? I have lots to trade. PM me o

-OR- email me at MaxElder@gmail.com

-OR- IM me at OICU812Maxx

thanks

Just run one of those gay kritiques like Speaking for Others or something.

Explain to me why SFO is homosexual. Because I'm fairly convinced arguments don't have sexual orientations.

If you are going to run a case centered around the avian flu, you should consider throwing this in as an introduction or something. It is real funny...

Doc Farmer:

"Well, if you've been paying any attention to the lib/dem/soc/commie press, I'm sure you're updating your will, saying goodbye to your loved ones, and spending spare evenings going through casket catalogues. You're probably trying to hoard Tamiflu, Theraflu, Tippecanoe and Tyler Too, just to delay your horrible demise for a few hours. You're already stockpiling C-4 and Semtex for your planned attacks on area KFC restaurants.

Yup, it's Avian Flu."

Here's the website - http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=18060

-Big D

Fortunately, the thing that makes it deadly also more or less prevents it from spreading airborne human-to-human. Something to do with the way it harms the upper respiratory tract. There were a bunch of articles, I don't remember where.

its actually the fact that it doesnt have the surface proteins to attach to upper respitory tract cells. this makes it less effective at propogating, but the cells buried deep within the lungs provoke a stronger immune response, which in turn creates conditions that arte perfect for the rapid multiplication of pnuemonia causing bacteria. about 90 percent of deaths from the H5N! have been from pnuemonia.

and that's why it sucks that the goevernment uses the discourse of fear of the disease to justify their biopolitical control: whether the disease comes or not is irrlevant.

which is why you run agamben.

elliot... contrary to popular belief embracing whatever being doesnt solve everything :-P

but seriously, i would think that they're turns to biopolitics would be way better then any link you could find and MORE specific. the best links you would be able to find are either the liberal rights (wankey considering they could probably drop that in a second), police descresion (doesnt appy), they use the state/law (stupid as always, can be beaten easily by their specific link turns).

i like the speaking for the other idea...

ya thats a good question. what have people been running against this case and how have their results been?

i hit another miami team and ran agamben. their answers were decent but they werent that good, so we won. had the team been better then it might have turned out differently. so dispite my ragging on elliot, whatever being solves the world...

c1 - the disease

2002 heal security act gives usfg auth to detain w/o charge on diseased people - valhall 05

bird flue specifically detainable ap 05

avian flue detention = police state cover chossusky 05

disease rhetoric is racist kiger 98

quarantine is otherization based in fear and racism anas 05

impact I scycles of violence and biopower making war and extinction inev coviello 00

callahan 73

quarantine fail anas 02

c-2 birds are coming

fear of avian flu is a an attempt to secure george 05

no one would die if the disease spread longini 05

fear of bird flue causes more spread spira 06

fear of bird flue kills value of life cameron 05

plan the SCOTUS should overturn disease act

judicial review key parmett 85

american people will solve bird flue kaplan 06

the war on disease is key to state and racism kiger 98

(this is just a copy and pasted excell flow of a case we heard so ummm i dont know if the cites are right / spelled right but it gives you the basic idea)

We are not very creative so we just ran t-usfg = in dc / should / resolved ; / fiat good t violation/framework arg - t subs - rez spec - concon - bush bad - util - 3 minutes of biopower impact take outs and turns (dickerson and deterence good)

Explain to me why SFO is homosexual. Because I'm fairly convinced arguments don't have sexual orientations.

Ha o Zack, always calling people out. Your such a confrontational person.

Alec