charliet@ng

neg positions brain storm

Like I said alot of stuff isn't going to show up until after camps.

Mr. Bandow did have that unfortunate issue. It's a good thing we don't ever quote hacks in debate.

lol. Don't do that to me when I'm mid-drink of water.

the topic is completley one sided, .

I agree. The negative is going to win a lot more than the affirmative next year, I believe.

how about the old Rummy Slush Fund cp from the UN topic with an economy net benefit? sounds cool to me.

there are also some really good links for a Foucaultian criticism of the body and observation which are specific to the military structure. These cards can be found in Discipline and Punish and in the excerpts from D and P in The Foucault Reader, if anyone wants to know.

Howabout UN mandate CP

I need more info than that. To be frank UN mandates are currently treated as nothing more than a state resolution in the US.

I agree. The negative is going to win a lot more than the affirmative next year, I believe.

thats ridiculous, every year people say the resolution is one sided and it turns out....its not! mainly because skilled debaters know how to adapt to adversity and can win with a wide array of arguments. A good add debater will know the ins and outs of their plan like the back of their hand so, idealy, they wouldn't lose (we all know this doens't happen though) but just beause the neg has more fvorable positions for next year doens't mean the aff is doomed. this year people said the neg was doomed but it was not, all the rounds i was in were highly competetive and many were very very close. It all coems down to how well you are able to adapt.

I was attempting to be amusing. The previous poster was suggesting that the topic was going to be one-sided in favor of the affirmative.

how would a foucault k work here? which one and aff or neg? his sex stuff, or one of the 15 different power k's that bear his name?

I was attempting to be amusing. The previous poster was suggesting that the topic was going to be one-sided in favor of the affirmative.

oh... ok then

how would a foucault k work here? which one and aff or neg? his sex stuff, or one of the 15 different power k's that bear his name?

I think he ment biopower... but some of thats agamben-ish, too...

im really surprised no one has said this one, but what about a good old spending d/a? I mean, most plans, esp when your increasing people its going to cost alot of money, and well with our president having one of the worst spending policy in the history of the US, i think there would be real good and real recent Uniqeness/Links/Internal Links...But i think this dis ad, would compleatly turn the Aff, and put them in huge hole...just my thoughts.

To Birdwing:

I think that the plan exclusive counterplan that you listed is pretty badass. The perm would be severence like whoa. I think that severence is obviously debatable but probably pretty bad. Excluding people who dont meet certain criteria is sweet. On the mental health topic one of our teams used to read against DSM type cases to exclude homosexuality from the DSM and read some sweet net benefits I think that the same type thing could apply. Against critical affs you would open yourself up to all sorts of feminism and intersectionality arguments with that PEC though.

love

jamie

nhs 2006

To Birdwing:

Against critical affs you would open yourself up to all sorts of feminism and intersectionality arguments with that PEC though.

I imagine that is true. I'm not familiar with the literature. But I think the pedophilia bad evidence is pretty good.

lol. Don't do that to me when I'm mid-drink of water.
Ditto. Folks, if people can still quote Mead and Lopez and Schell with a straight face, Bandow shouldn't be a problem... ;)

are you just a little retarded?

I imagine that is true. I'm not familiar with the literature. But I think the pedophilia bad evidence is pretty good.

Yeah, I'm with you on that, I'm tab to a crazy degree (just ask the Highland kids what crazy args I've voted on) but pedophilia good would really be a hard sell.

Shuman, don't forget to add Berube to that list. ;)

for funding cases an exclusionary cp for ways to rec. like advritizements that show the military as being cool, insead use the money for like college finance thingys n.b. awol soliders and chain of command

I'm surprised that nobody has suggested it yet, but there's always the Objectivist critique, if for nothing else but the large amount of very specific evidence on the different organizations. If memory serves I believe at some point they were pushing the slogan "Service its slavery with a smile".

I'm surprised that nobody has suggested it yet, but there's always the Objectivist critique, if for nothing else but the large amount of very specific evidence on the different organizations. If memory serves I believe at some point they were pushing the slogan "Service its slavery with a smile".

True that, even typing in "objectivism Americorps" into google turns up some pretty good stuff.