DebaterPaul121

BEST DEBATER OF ALL TIME

He has lots of NFL points? That must mean he's the best debater.

Edit: There's a user bRubaie on here. Likely the same guy.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Actually, (not to take anything away from Brian who's many times better than me) the scale on the NFL site isn't very accurate in determining the best debater ON THE HIGH-SCHOOL LEVEL (which is certaintly a lesser level that college) because it has a 750 point cap on the debate tourneys, and there's no way I know to look for the best debater only, Congress/IE stuff is added into the mix. Basically, if I went to a tournament in IE, Congress, and CX every weekend for three years I'd have 2250 points right now, PLUS countless Districts/Nationals points (these don't have a cap).

I'd say Fischer from GBN is the best HIGH SCHOOL debater RIGHT NOW, though.

definately not. This is not to take anything away from Fisher, but RJ Giglio (sp?) from Caddo is easily the best. I'd like to see Fisher bid with RJ's partner. Andrews is a close second, then prolly Weil. then ewing and fisher can duke it out for next two

• Downvote 1

I really can't compare the great debaters of the past, with their styles, there's just so many greats that come to mind.

But of those debating this year I would say Michael Klinger from Harvard.

O Definitely no doubt mike's a great kid. but does he have the skills needed?

Clegg combines a really sweet 2NR with charisma and a little OOOMMPPFFF.

In my book : Clegg > Klinger

one question: where'd the WGLF junkies go?

Doing drugs and sleeping around.

and as for the best debater.....yusuf hands down. If it werent for the fact that he is black....he'd definitely hold that title

george kouros.

takis makridis.

Oooohhh...very fine selection indeed. I was wondering who would go with the dark horse. My hat is tipped dood.

Still leading in the polls however, Paul "u aint never seen a 2NC like this" Clegg

Ankur handsdown.

As exposed in earlier threads, he was a middle school junkie that invented ASPEC (one of the most well-known, and most heard-of arguments in debate), and after he found Jesus and rejected junkism, proceeded to invent the bashing of ASPEC, which now remains the top hobby in all policy debate conversations, outside of lighting a joint and bashing PFD.

In a close 2nd, I'd claim that the WGLF, as one, hits pretty close. They proved that over intellect wasn't necessary to place, and even win key college and high school tournaments, and that simply reading bullhsit ideas from white supremacist conspiracy theorists, and people that believed Bush was a robot could make up for a lack of intellect.

Oh yeah, and they babbled about the sun blowing up too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

burshetyn.

anyone who has ever had michael burshteyn as a coach, judge, whatever knows that he is damned good. best of all time? no idea. but good.

In a close 2nd, I'd claim that the WGLF, as one, hits pretty close. They proved that over intellect wasn't necessary to place, and even win key college and high school tournaments, and that simply reading bullhsit ideas from white supremacist conspiracy theorists, and people that believed Bush was a robot could make up for a lack of intellect.

Oh yeah, and they babbled about the sun blowing up too.

RIGHT CONCLUSION, WRONG REASONS.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1