Littleman645

Debate and Why we do it

Alas all the people who are in debate, all have one thing in common. What is that do you ask? Well here it is....they debate. Ok maybe that was quite corny, but i just felt like saying that anyways.

This year my debate career ends until next year. It makes me sad, for i was on one of the best teams in the area. Alas all i pray for now is that they have a debate team, where i am going to move next.

I just think it's a great thing to do. It's really fun and it also helps people out and sets a foundation for their future. It just seems like more and more people are afraid to talk in public, are shy, and have extremely poor speaking skills, but in doing debate, this helps you no doubt to overcome this lack of speaking. It also keeps people more alert on what's happening NOW. They now the issues that are out there and they'll be more tentative about the news. It's something to do. But it's more than that, it changes your life once you start. Debate is a drug, you just keep wanting to do it after you first try it out. That's all for now.

I do it so I can get out and meet people of our fair country also since I am not good at sports(well football im good)I need something that I can be good at and right now Im am not awesome but maybe throughout my debate career I may win a few tournys and speakers and make it to a good college or university and continue on my life...but for me debate isnt life

i do it because i like winning + its alot cooler than sports. also for the reason of meeting people. football players get excited about winning state championships every year, debaters worry about winning national tournaments. if u compare debate to sports, debate is better, more intense, more fun if its ur type of thing, and 999x more educational which is a good benefit

At first I debated because one of our debaters had no partner and I was sitting in Individual Events class (speech for competition purposes) trying to fall asleep when i got sucked in.

The main reason that I stay now is the fact that it's a whole lot of fun. if debate wasn't fun, I wouldn't be debating. Then there is the making friends all over the country. I like that a lot.

for me, its something to do and its a great way to learn about a ton of things that i would never have known about. the competition is great, and i love winning. and most of all, i love putting in the work and watching it pay off to win a round later on, that is a great feeling

I hate debate. Perpetual conflict aggrivates me and depresses me all at the same time. So, why continue?

What the hell else would I be doing if I weren't debating? I'm pretty sure I'd be lacking in direction and face absolute boredom. I never cared for the "shiney's" as I call them, the only positive I can still find in the whole thing amidst stupid rivalries and fake smiles is that some of the people I know on the circuit are like me, only doing it because they don't know what else they'd be doing. Those are the guys I party with, because we know that none of this crap really matters.

I just think it's a great thing to do. It's really fun and it also helps people out and sets a foundation for their future. It just seems like more and more people are afraid to talk in public, are shy, and have extremely poor speaking skills, but in doing debate, this helps you no doubt to overcome this lack of speaking. It also keeps people more alert on what's happening NOW. They now the issues that are out there and they'll be more tentative about the news. It's something to do. But it's more than that, it changes your life once you start. Debate is a drug, you just keep wanting to do it after you first try it out. That's all for now.

i'm pretty sure debate ruins you for real public speaking. i tend to semi-spew without realizing it.

I love it because it's such an awesome mental stimulation. I feel so alive while I'm doing it. I guess that's why I keep coming back for more.

I'm in debate because it is one of the first things that I have had sucess in. Luckily I get to debate in college as well, so I know that I can continue getting better. I also am I complete loser and enjoy cutting cards for 20 hours a week and writting really messed up kritiks.

mainly because i'm too stubborn to quit... kidding. just because i'd be bored as sin without it. its my main source of entertainment.

Debating makes me feel empowered. I hate it when I lose but when I win it gives me the greatest feeling ever. Standing up there and knowing you're doing well is just awesome.

no im not joking..ever since i joined debate i got liek 10 girls..it makes me laugh how stupidly idiotic some debaters can be

thnk god i managed to avoid the "debate syndrome"

no im not joking..ever since i joined debate i got liek 10 girls..it makes me laugh how stupidly idiotic some debaters can be

thnk god i managed to avoid the "debate syndrome"

guys in wigs =/= girls.:(